• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be amazing if this whole time we thought the final DLC fighter was gonna be Doom Slayer along with Geno instead turned out to be Crash at the VGA?

I'd have no complaints. I want Crash and he more then earns his spot in the roster being the 90's icon he is, how fun he'd play and fitting he is for the series.
I'd rather have crash than Geno, but its a lateral move from Doomslayer.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All you do is start with the hyphen and hit space once before entering 'Z', bruh.
I tried that, it didn't work.

Sometime the tag feature just doesn't work for some reason.

But hey, here you go.

Lamperouge Lamperouge

Also, I like you just quoted that part of my post, got your priority I see.
eggman that ain't good.gif

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
nintendo, the company infamous for its almost militant stance on copyright with a habit of taking down copyrighted material within hours and who will ruthlessly crack down on the distribution of video leaks (ESRB, smash ultimate pre-launch streams), have yet to touch any of the eight uploads of the cacomallow leak on youtube in nearly five days

just something to keep in mind
all that tells me is Nintendo dint give a ****

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, I just had nothing to add to the second half of your post.

Nothing personal kid
treat you like a friend forum.gif

See, that's what all peoples who play Fortnite say, just like women, they treat you like a item and throw you in the trash once you're no use to them after they got their lols.

I will not accept this attack on my statue and will go to Todd Howard home so that he can port Fallout 76: Battle Royal on the Switch as fast as possible.

Good night sir.
yeah nah.gif

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 245691
See, that's what all peoples who play Fortnite say, just like women, they treat you like a item and throw you in the trash once you're no use to them after they got their lols.

I will not accept this attack on my statue and will go to Todd Howard home so that he can port Fallout 76: Battle Royal on the Switch as fast as possible.

Good night sir.
View attachment 245692
Good night Mephiles the Dork.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's possible that Nintendo doesn't care about the leak that much because it doesn't really reveal the important info which are the characters. I mean, as much as this leak is interesting, at the same time, it's not that groundbreaking and doesn't confirm something that's guaranteed. For all we know, Geno could be the Mii Costume and for Cacodemon, it doesn't tell us who the rep is and for all we know, it's not Doomguy and it could be another Bethesda rep.
Or it's possible Nintendo saw people discussing whether or not the costumes were real or mods and so left it alone to make people to ask that question more.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They also tried to scrub every instance of a leaked song from Ultimate OST pre-release.

And I mean... songs getting out seems even lower stakes than this tbh.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Last call for custom arena events.
I’m not sure when I’ll begin my next HG rouand...
Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member

all that tells me is Nintendo dint give a ****
Or the more likely option,
Since Nintendo would know whether or not these leaks are true or not, they just don't take em down because, why bother taking down stuff you technically don't own?

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unrelated, but I played a tiny bit of LM3 online so I wanted to get on that topic.

Why exactly did they change the ghost names and types if they're all literally the same ones from Dark Moon (sans the Trapper)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Anyone wanna make silly bets on whether the leak is real or fake? Nothing too severe just like avatars or something.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

No, you can't photoshop the video and have it look real, but you could just create the mods if you're talented enough. The efforts to replicate them have been done over the course of hours or days, but if you actually took time to plan it, a talented modder could likely achieve results.

The other two also weren't impossible to fake, clearly, but recreating the entire mural (such as the background and previously obscured parts of characters) to the point people were going over pixels to disprove it, or creating a video of the CSS (including the shifting design behind the character icons - and a believably authentic fan render back when they were very scarce (remember this is 2015)) requires a comparable amount of talent in those fields as modding does in this.

This smells a bit of revisionism.
Show me a single hat mod for Ultimate that actually works. If this guy had done it then he’s way farther ahead of every other Ultimate modded on earth.

D

Deleted member

Anyone wanna make silly bets on whether the leak is real or fake? Nothing too severe just like avatars or something.
It's fake and if I lose I gotta wear a Yodasumi avatar for a month. If you lose, you get to wear the Yodasumi

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sure. I'll be team real on this one since that's more fun. Same risk I took betting on Banjo, I lose, a mod nukes my likes.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @JDCabrera
I also wanna think of some potential Mii Costumes for Mii Spellcaster too. Forgot to mention that it also carries a wand/staff with it similar to :ultswordfighter:

I could see the Mage costume altered and return as it’s default costume, maybe they could transfer or duplicate certain existing costumes like Ashley, Lip, Vince, Veronica, etc. and a few new costumes I could see are Kamek, Braxien, Lissa, Black Mage, Mumbo Jumbo, etc. but I also want some generic costumes for it as well...
Okay, now this I could help with.

Alchemist Cloak (Alchemist themed robes, just what it sounds like)
Ancient Sorcerer Outfit (A variation of the default outfit that is very fantasy like)
Futuristic Sorcerer Robes (Futuristic Robes. Think something like Symmetra's outfit)
Holy Robes (White and gold robes)

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Alright, well uhh i'd love it to be real but i'm skeptical so how bout this: If it's real I have to buy the costumes and one of you decide my avater for 2 weeks. And if there's anything else you guys wanna add lemme know.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They also tried to scrub every instance of a leaked song from Ultimate OST pre-release.

And I mean... songs getting out seems even lower stakes than this tbh.
To be fair composers can be very protective of their work, look at some of the qlaquare enix ones. I can see them get pissed and give Nintendo a hard time if their work leaked. So I could see them choose to go for those first and foremost.

As for the costumes. If real it’s mii costumes, what company would give a **** if they leak d tbh? That’s actually more the reason to leak them. It’s not the character and it’s something that can be heavily debated and isn’t ground breaking. Why be Nintendo and meddle in the leaks fully confirming something they don’t need to. It’s way easier to let people debate this simple leak then take action.

Also it took them a week to take down the Pokémon leaks. They aren’t always on top of their game

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Sure. I'll be team real on this one since that's more fun. Same risk I took betting on Banjo, I lose, a mod nukes my likes.
Scratch that, repeating the same risk is boring.

I lose and the first person to quote this will have me draw something for them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Show me a single hat mod for Ultimate that actually works. If this guy had done it then he’s way farther ahead of every other Ultimate modded on earth.
I don't know if you read Will's post, but part of the point was that those other leaks you dubbed "so obviously fake" were in part believed because they were the first of their kind as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't know if you read Will's post, but part of the point was that those other leaks you dubbed "so obviously fake" were in part believed because they were the first of their kind as well.
Okay. This just seams foolish to me. It reads to me like we essentially have to believe this leak is fake because someone might be a genius?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Well. With that said...
IMG_20191107_182014.jpg

This November, it's you and me vs. the world.

D

Deleted member

Okay. This just seams foolish to me. It reads to me like we essentially have to believe this leak is fake because someone might be a genius?
Pretty much, but the thing is, Snake, you need to balance between being overly pessimistic and being super hyped. It's something I've noticed about you, you almost never are "in the middle" in terms of reactions to DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom