• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It was 5 years ago, it's hard to remember a lot of this stuff accurately.

You could be less ambiguous with "they tried", am I right or am I wrong? :214: Make up your mind broski
Less ambiguous? They took them down when they'd pop up, but it's hard to keep leaks suppressed.

That any better, sis?

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I like how everyone's talking about a potential leak when I'm sitting here trying to pick which of the 50 SNK tracks I want to listen to when playing
This Is True Love Makin’ of course. Never said it had to be in the game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wouldn't it be amazing if this whole time we thought the final DLC fighter was gonna be Doom Slayer along with Geno instead turned out to be Crash at the VGA?

I'd have no complaints. I want Crash and he more then earns his spot in the roster being the 90's icon he is, how fun he'd play and fitting he is for the series.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That any better, sis?
what, do you want me to blast the sister sister theme song?

Wouldn't it be amazing if this whole time we thought the final DLC fighter was gonna be Doom Slayer along with Geno instead turned out to be Crash at the VGA?
not really. i don't care about crash or any cereal mascot character. never cared for banjo, same applies for him or someone like spyro

then again, i'm banking on porky because of missing data.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'd have no complaints. I want Crash and he more then earns his spot in the roster being the 90's icon he is, how fun he'd play and fitting he is for the series.
Nah fam it's gonna be Rugal as FP5 because Sakurai REALLY likes KOF.

For real despite ALL that content there's no Rugal content as far as I could tell. No spirit, no songs associated with him, nothing. Only the letter in Terry's trailer references how it was signed 'R'

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I like how everyone's talking about a potential leak when I'm sitting here trying to pick which of the 50 SNK tracks I want to listen to when playing
I just set all of them to equal odds and let the game pick.
I doubt we’re going to get any new info on the leak until an official reveal which confirms or disconfirms it, unless the creator of it comes out and says it’s fake. Most points for and against it have already been brought up and addressed, and even if we do get confirmation that it’s possible to create a detailed mod like it, that still wouldn’t necessarily disconfirm it. The most annoying type of leak to argue I suppose.
I’ll be on team real till I die. The grinch leak? Super easy to fake. Honestly, I thought that the people who said it was impossible to fake were being silly. But this is different. This is video and requires modding skill far beyond what’s available. Rayman leak? Easily done in photoshop because the menue is just moving pictures. But you can’t photoshop moving 3D models and have it look real.

Like. I want all three. Can we just get all three eventually!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Crash is fine.

I'd probably play him for half an hour and barely touch him again just like I did with Banjo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Cacomallow is pretty much the new Grinch Leak at this point.

Whether it'll be proven to be real though unlike it will be another story.
Everytime someone compares a random rumor to the grinch hoax another Kazooie loses its wings.

This rumor pales in comparison to the Grinch hoax and the chaos it wrought.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I still can't believe this ****ing thing hasn't been debunked. At least with the Grinch leak we had Vegeben telling us how stupid we were and going hard on Inceneroar. This is just everybody going, "uh, I dunno. Maybe?" Ready to know one way or the other tbh.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
The Art of Fight remix (aka Ryo's theme), the Metal Slug Main Theme remix, the Let's Go to Seoul! remix (aka Kim's theme), or even the Psycho Soldier theme remix (I'd recommend the Japanese version.), just some suggestions.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I still can't believe this ****ing thing hasn't been debunked. At least with the Grinch leak we had Vegeben telling us how stupid we were and going hard on Inceneroar. This is just everybody going, "uh, I dunno. Maybe?" Ready to know one way or the other tbh.
Personally I’m waiting for Sakurai to make a tweet on what his sources have told him regarding its validity.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If they're costumes, then so be it. What I feel is silly is assuming that they automatically mean Doom Slayer and Geno are confirmed from it, assuming it's real anyway. If they wanted to say they were in the game, they would've said it in the 4chan post, not "imply" them or whatever mental gymnastics is going on.

Though, I've seen talks of people saying Mallow has a modded Toad suit, but I don't know if that's just people remembering wrong or something else.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
If they're costumes, then so be it. What I feel is silly is assuming that they automatically mean Doom Slayer and Geno are confirmed from it, assuming it's real anyway. If they wanted to say they were in the game, they would've said it in the 4chan post, not "imply" them or whatever mental gymnastics is going on.

Though, I've seen talks of people saying Mallow has a modded Toad suit, but I don't know if that's just people remembering wrong or something else.
To be fair, for Doomguy at least, it would be weird to make a mii skin of an enemy without the main character somewhere. And his popularity, legacy, and Bethesda's good relationship with Nintendo help his chances

D

Deleted member

Me before DLC: "Oh, new DLC Characters. Why is everyone complaining that they're all Fire Emblem? It's my favorite non-fighting game franchise. Oh well, guess it's just that I'm new here.

Me after Joker: "Oh. Persona. My new favorite. Well, that's nice. Hoepfully more hype soon!"

Me after Hero and Banjo: "At least both sides of the world are happy. Hope the next two are an SNK character and Morrigan! They'll rock!"

Me after Terry: "Well, I got SNK, so...it won't hurt."

Me during all this ****show: "I JUST WANT A FEMALE DLC CHARACTER SAKURAI PLEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!" *thugs around the monitor with Sakurai's face in it*

D

Deleted member

Everytime someone compares a random rumor to the grinch hoax another Kazooie loses its wings.

This rumor pales in comparison to the Grinch hoax and the chaos it wrought.
With the Grinch it was a nonstop arguement over whether it was real or fake for a solid week
With this there's really nothing else to argue on and pretty much everyone has already settled on "well I guess it could go either way"

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

The Toad suit looks normal to me. The vest's color can be changed without mods.

D

Deleted member

With the Grinch it was a nonstop arguement over wether it was real or fake for a solid week
With this there's really nothing else to argue on and pretty much everyone has already settled on "well I guess it could go either way"
But it still is questionable though. When Hero was leaked, everyone pretty much said, " Okay, Hero's a lock"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, for Doomguy at least, it would be weird to make a mii skin of an enemy without the main character somewhere. And his popularity, legacy, and Bethesda's good relationship with Nintendo help his chances
Yes, but I'm not in the boat of putting two-and-two together solely from a display of what's clearly just hats. I think it's possible testing full costumes, such as Doomguy or Geno, could be an entirely separate thing to test. That alone is a silly proposition, but anything is possible. There's definitely more costumes to be shown and made, displaying those two alone isn't enough for me to be picking a side.

But it still is questionable though. When Hero was leaked, everyone pretty much said, " Okay, Hero's a lock"
Not exactly. They said Erdrick was a lock. Still Hero, but everyone assumed it was going to be just one.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I’ll be on team real till I die. The grinch leak? Super easy to fake. Honestly, I thought that the people who said it was impossible to fake were being silly. But this is different. This is video and requires modding skill far beyond what’s available. Rayman leak? Easily done in photoshop because the menue is just moving pictures. But you can’t photoshop moving 3D models and have it look real.

No, you can't photoshop the video and have it look real, but you could just create the mods if you're talented enough. The efforts to replicate them have been done over the course of hours or days, but if you actually took time to plan it, a talented modder could likely achieve results.

The other two also weren't impossible to fake, clearly, but recreating the entire mural (such as the background and previously obscured parts of characters) to the point people were going over pixels to disprove it, or creating a video of the CSS (including the shifting design behind the character icons - and a believably authentic fan render back when they were very scarce (remember this is 2015)) requires a comparable amount of talent in those fields as modding does in this.

This smells a bit of revisionism.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Me before DLC: "Oh, new DLC Characters. Why is everyone complaining that they're all Fire Emblem? It's my favorite non-fighting game franchise. Oh well, guess it's just that I'm new here.

Me after Joker: "Oh. Persona. My new favorite. Well, that's nice. Hoepfully more hype soon!"

Me after Hero and Banjo: "At least both sides of the world are happy. Hope the next two are an SNK character and Morrigan! They'll rock!"

Me after Terry: "Well, I got SNK, so...it won't hurt."

Me during all this ****show: "I JUST WANT A FEMALE DLC CHARACTER SAKURAI PLEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!" *thugs around the monitor with Sakurai's face in it*
Well, Piranha Plant can be female if you choose to identify it as such.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You say that but there was a lot of people denying that Brave could possibly mean DQ. "Brave can apply to anyone! Brave is actualpy Sora because he's floaty! It can't be DQ because otherwise they would have shown it off in the February direct! My favourite character is very brave so it's them! My alphabet soup had the letters N, O and U next to them this morning so it's not DQ! Banjos are brave intruments!"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But you can’t photoshop moving 3D models and have it look real.

That's always something I find hilarious. People are always underestimating the efforts people can go through if they have enough time and effort.

Sure, the Rayman leak is seen now as an easy fake. But back in 2015? That was unheard of, mostly because nobody has done it before. There were discrepancies, such as no vocal of the announcer saying his name, but it was overall very hard to disprove at the time. Making a convincing render and filming it on the CSS? No one had done it before. Once Omni came out, a lot of people were shocked. The dude even got death threats from people on here, and I was there to witness that glory salt. The Grinch leak is another one that people were flabbergasted by. Omni and other photoshop kings ( vaanrose vaanrose ) did find out discrepancies within the gaps of the original poster, but the original source being so blurry and small was in its advantage so people couldn't exactly tear it down 100%. Recreating the entire mural with new art? No one had done it before. It wasn't entirely disproven, and to this day no one has publicly come out to admit it.

I think this has the chance to be another one of those moments. Decidueye and Spring Man was another somewhat convincing video footage, but this footage of the Mii costumes hides behind someone recording a screen that, while not entirely blurry, has an advantage that can't be dissected for imperfections because of the way it's recorded. Recording Ultimate footage of Mii costumes yet unseen? No one had done it before.

It's totally possible this was someone's pet project. It's also possible they sent out the footage to see how convincing their work really was. They may not be trying to seek internet points, but just to test the waters on their own skill. It could also be totally real, but we shouldn't neglect the possibilities. That's why yours truly remains in the Team Neutral, where you're never wrong because you're always skeptical of both sides.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Rayman leak was conceivable enough that Ubisoft was going to release a statement about it. Then Omni came forward and the statement never materialized, which I'm still sour about, because I really wanted to know what they were going to say.

Keep in mind the Rayman leak was also only "active" for like a day before the creator took credit for it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Rayman leak was conceivable enough that Ubisoft was going to release a statement about it. Then Omni came forward and the statement never materialized, which I'm still sour about, because I really wanted to know what they were going to say.
What did you think they were going to do, lie? :drshrug:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
nintendo, the company infamous for its almost militant stance on copyright with a habit of taking down copyrighted material within hours and who will ruthlessly crack down on the distribution of video leaks (ESRB, smash ultimate pre-launch streams), have yet to touch any of the eight uploads of the cacomallow leak on youtube in nearly five days

just something to keep in mind

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, vocal tracks are awesome.

That being said, Calling to the Night is the only track you should be playing when fighting at Shadow Moses Island don't @ me
Don't know how to tag your name tbh.:ultrob:

Also, yeah, that's true, but think of the kids, too much feeling while beating up a plant & Pac Man

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What did you think they were going to do, lie? :drshrug:
It probably would've been standard PR "we're happy to be involved with Smash Bros, a series we have great admiration for, but have nothing to announce at this current time". BUT WE'LL NEVER KNOW NOW WILL WE

THANKS HEX

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
The thing about this leak is that if it is a mod using custom models, then theoretically there isn’t a way to disprove it until somebody says something. It’s running in game so you can’t have any discrepancies in the physics or damage output, and the models are custom so there’s no way to find errors in them from another source with the limited footage we have.

Gun to my head, I’d ask you why you were so desperate for my opinions on a random smash leak to the point of threats, and then I’d say I lean towards fake. Feels a bit too convenient I suppose.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
nintendo, the company infamous for its almost militant stance on copyright with a habit of taking down copyrighted material within hours and who will ruthlessly crack down on the distribution of video leaks (ESRB, smash ultimate pre-launch streams), have yet to touch any of the eight uploads of the cacomallow leak on youtube in nearly five days

just something to keep in mind
They've missed some leaks and mirrors of them before.

They also seem to be focused on nuking Pokémon leakers.

If their system is automated, could've been unprepared. Maybe they have a reveal next month with 'em, too.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
how long did it take for nintendo to fix their mistake of leaking simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom