• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The state of Smash DLC speculation currently:

Did you see Newcomer Speculation thread? It's nothing but censor talk.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up arguing over the same five women for a week.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up arguing over the same five women for a week.
"But if Mai is too risque that means that characters like 2B and KOS-MOS-"
dcc.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
2B and KOS-MOS feel like a big jump compared to Mai IMO.
Doesn't make the topic less stale.

Like, we know some designs are not OK with Smash since 4, why everyone's acting like it's hot news?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Actually, I've seen a certain amount of censor talk in the Shantae Thread. Kinda scared to look into the Newcomer Thread now that you mentioned it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One of these days, the general public will be burned out on the MCU, possibly superheroes as a whole. It's gonna be a sad day but it WILL happen
I’m so ****ing mad because I feel like that burnout is starting to settle in and DC is just now starting to get good and they’ll get cut out of the market thanks to Marvel hogging the spotlight for so long.

D

Deleted member

IDK. As long as the character is cool I don’t care if the reveal was spoiled.
My stance is pretty much the same. Has to be cool, and is a female.

Tbh as part of TeamFake I feel like everyday without any new intel is like fighting a losing battle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
One of these days, the general public will be burned out on the MCU, possibly superheroes as a whole. It's gonna be a sad day but it WILL happen
I give it 10 years. The medium is shifting to give villains more spotlight now, as you see in Venom (more an anti-hero but w/e) and Joker.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Lol, I'm still here guys.
I just tend to talk more in newcomer or competitive.

Also, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , yeah if they were gonna go for a character, they'd probably go Demi-fiend. Outside of Joker (Or Yu in Persona 4 Arena), he's probably the only one with such a large set of moves to translate into a fighting game.

That or some Dragon Quest Hero shenanigans where they use the guys from SMT 1, 2, 4, and 4A.
Also, lemme shill all of that nonsense in my character thread in the sig below.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So what's the current status of the Cacomallow leak? Still going strong?
Define "strong" since neither it nor the Ken nerfs showed up. :073: Seriously, that gave me a heart attack until it just never showed up.

Shoto mains live strong another day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what's the current status of the Cacomallow leak? Still going strong?
It's ambiguous at this point . We have like, 1-3 months to prove its validity. No higher-up has said anything valid yet. With that being said,

*puts on a surgeon's coat*

I think we need to start dissecting this harder.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My stance is pretty much the same. Has to be cool, and is a female.

Tbh as part of TeamFake I feel like everyday without any new intel is like fighting a losing battle.
For any other fighting game, I think about it in the same way. I’m not opposed to male characters but I tend to gravitate towards the girls.

But for Smash, the criteria is a bit different. It’s a collection of gaming icons. So the characters need to be, well, iconic. Even if with just a specific audience or within the Smash bubble.

Side thought, I saw a lot of this “smash bubble” talk pre-banjo about how we elevate certain characters, but who is honestly left in that group besides Geno?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Define "strong" since neither it nor the Ken nerfs showed up. :073: Seriously, that gave me a heart attack until it just never showed up.
The changes to Ken were debunked fairly soon after the claim was made, definitely before the Terry showcase.

And, fake or real, it was always a strange assumption that the content in the video had to be imminent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shoto mains live strong another day.
The Ken nerfs weren't actually a thing, somebody already showed that it was possible to get the same damage on the last/current patch

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't recall the ESRB leaks being taken down.
Yeah, Nintendo is hit or miss with taking down everything, so I'm not sure if this means Nintendo just missed it or knows it's not actually real.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The pics no (and the videos of the pics, no), the gameplay videos... they tried.
It was 5 years ago, it's hard to remember a lot of this stuff accurately.

You could be less ambiguous with "they tried", am I right or am I wrong? :214: Make up your mind broski

Yeah, Nintendo is hit or miss with taking down everything, so I'm not sure if this means Nintendo just missed it or knows it's not actually real.
Which is my ultimate point: I don't think the videos not being taken down would automatically make it a fake.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Cacomallow is pretty much the new Grinch Leak at this point.

Whether it'll be proven to be real though unlike it will be another story.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we’re going to get any new info on the leak until an official reveal which confirms or disconfirms it, unless the creator of it comes out and says it’s fake. Most points for and against it have already been brought up and addressed, and even if we do get confirmation that it’s possible to create a detailed mod like it, that still wouldn’t necessarily disconfirm it. The most annoying type of leak to argue I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom