• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As much as I love most of the franchises you mentioned (although I seriously doubt we would ever see things like The Simpsons, X-Files, and Aliens in KH) and have always loved the idea of Marvel and Star Wars worlds, if we got Darkwing Duck and The Muppets in some way, I would never ask for anything from the series ever again.
I mostly mentioned them to highlight the rediculousness of what belongs to Disney now.

Honestly, after a few more years, when all of those brands have thoroughly amalgamated with Disney, they probably will appear in Kingdom Hearts.

After all. These properties need to be recognized. We all know how Walt Disney changed cinema forever in the 70’s when he created Star Wars. When he created the longest tuning animated series ever in the 80’s with the Simpsons. Or when he opened the companies comic book arm in the 40s and created Captain America.

See, it sounds ridiculous. But this is legitimately what Disney wants you to think. Eventually, they’ll acquire the United States Government and we’ll be taught about how Walt Disney lead the american revolution in the 1800s.

Shroob

Sup?
I mostly mentioned them to highlight the rediculousness of what belongs to Disney now.

Honestly, after a few more years, when all of those brands have thoroughly amalgamated with Disney, they probably will appear in Kingdom Hearts.

After all. These properties need to be recognized. We all know how Walt Disney changed cinema forever in the 70’s when he created Star Wars. When he created the longest tuning animated series ever in the 80’s with the Simpsons. Or when he opened the companies comic book arm in the 40s and created Captain America.

See, it sounds ridiculous. But this is legitimately what Disney wants you to think. Eventually, they’ll acquire the United States Government and we’ll be taught about how Walt Disney lead the american revolution in the 1800s.
I'd prefer to keep Family Guy out of Kingdom He----

Oh mah gawd Louis, remember the time I helped Sora defeat Sephiroth?

Neheeeeheeeheeeheee

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
You aren't going to see Disney IPs in Kingdom Hearts that aren't popular in Japan.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You aren't going to see Disney IPs in Kingdom Hearts that aren't popular in Japan.
I don’t get why Japanese companies continue to do this. They’re selling to a worldwide audience. Not just a Japanese one. When working on multi-franchise crossovers like Kingdom Hearts or Smash Bros, you HAVE to take into account the audience across the entire planet. Not just the audience in Japan.
I'd prefer to keep Family Guy out of Kingdom He----

Oh mah gawd Louis, remember the time I helped Sora defeat Sephiroth?

Neheeeeheeeheeeheee
Sephiroth lands in the Family Guy world by mistake, Slices Peter Griffin into ribbons, casts meteor, and then leaves as that retched world is destroyed.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t get why Japanese companies continue to do this. They’re selling to a worldwide audience. Not just a Japanese one. When working on multi-franchise crossovers like Kingdom Hearts or Smash Bros, you HAVE to take into account the audience across the entire planet. Not just the audience in Japan.
A lot of companies in Japan are run by old big wigs in Japan who put Japan first and forefront before everyone else.

I mean, the exact same thing applies to American stuff, so this isn't some big question of the universe.

For example:

When Rockstar makes a new GTA game, do you think the first thing on their mind is appealing to Japan/Germany's more strict violence laws?

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I've been thinking about a way to bring a fresh new spin to Kingdom Hearts, introduce some new villain who mashes worlds together, so not only do you see Sora interact with Disney characters, but you also see various characters interact that wouldn't in any other circumstance.

Here's an example: Wonderland and Beast's Castle are crashed together, Beast and Alice go with Sora as the party members of the world and you explore through weird mashups of memorable areas from each world (weird mushrooms and talking flowers inexplicably in Beast's garden or the Queen's courtroom fused into the wall of the ballroom), Cogsworth and Lumière following the White Rabbit and eventually meeting the Mad Hatter and March Hare, The Queen thinking Belle is the queen of a neighbouring kingdom trying to invade Wonderland. Then after the world is completed the 2 separated worlds appear on the world map, where you can revisit (probably smaller versions of) the worlds and re interact with the characters.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Daylight Savings is so surreal. It was 12:07 2 hours ago and it's now still 1:07 here. I knew I wasn't crazy.

D

Deleted member

A lot of companies in Japan are run by old big wigs in Japan who put Japan first and forefront before everyone else.

I mean, the exact same thing applies to American stuff, so this isn't some big question of the universe.

For example:

When Rockstar makes a new GTA game, do you think the first thing on their mind is appealing to Japan/Germany's more strict violence laws?
If we are being fair, most likely countries are now having in their mind to appeal to China.

But for real, I think in the case of KH is not like they are putting super obscure worlds on the mix when we are getting a lot of different film worlds represented in the game that appeal WW.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Good lord why do fursuits of Bolt and Mittens exist

I also realize there are some for Paw Patrol.

I just wanted cute pictures

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Because the last time a Japanese company tried to appeal to the West, we got this:

StormC

Smash Hero
If the games sell fine in the west anyway, as Smash and Kingdom Hearts do, what is their incentive to change?

I think a lot of Japanese developers take pride in their own audience. They want to make sure they're happy and pleased. When the home console industry in Japan is falling through their fingers like grains of sand at a frightening pace, there is perhaps a stubborness to make sure Japanese consumers are pleased. The developers themselves are also Japanese and perceive the world that way; as Americans, it's easy to forget, "our" western viewpoint is the default. Our media and characters and ideas are popular all over the world. So it's easy for us to think of ourselves as the "default" because we kinda are. For Japanese consumers and developers, they have popular and thriving media industries inside of Japan, but outside, they are not always as popular as western companies' output, so there is a cultural clash of sorts. I think Japanese developers and creators take pride in their media in this way.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'd have mistaken this post for an 8-year-old first discovering the internet :yoshi:
I'm 8 at heart lol

I'm also just weird like that. I tend to watch the shows for younger kids for some reason (when there's nothing else on). Sometimes to laugh, but other times it's just chill and wholesome.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Outside of Pokemon leaks, here's a new trailer for Soul Calibur 6.

It's Hilde. She's a good choice since no one else plays like her. Though I do wonder if Yun-Seoung/Hwang will be added or not. It'll be neat to see Haomaru in 3D again. I trust Namco to do a good job with him, considering Akuma and Geese are fun as hell to play in Tekken 7.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

It's Hilde. She's a good choice since no one else plays like her. Though I do wonder if Yun-Seoung/Hwang will be added or not. It'll be need to see Haomaru in 3D again. I trust Namco to do a good job with him, considering Akuma and Geese are fun as hell to play in Tekken 7.
YO SHE WAS MY MAIN IN THE LAST SC.

GOOD CHOICE BAMCO.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If there's gonna be a new Nintendogs on the Switch, i want to see Poochy as a unlockable breed with other ones like the Duck Hunt Dog or maybe a Chain Chomp. And even Kirby too! (Kirby can actually purr if you pet him on the head.)
Maybe have 4 pets instead of 3.
De1QaU_U0AAQEAg.jpg

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I forgot how much getting the gold portrait frame for Biff Atlus and Boollossus in Luigi's Mansion makes me want to turn myself into a ghost

Ivander

Smash Legend

It's Hilde. She's a good choice since no one else plays like her. Though I do wonder if Yun-Seoung/Hwang will be added or not. It'll be neat to see Haomaru in 3D again. I trust Namco to do a good job with him, considering Akuma and Geese are fun as hell to play in Tekken 7.
So where will she fit in the new timeline? Considering she was 13-14 years old during the original Soul Calibur. She was 18 during 2, 3 and 4.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The following image is an accurate visual representation of ZephyrZ ZephyrZ resisting the urge to click on Sw/Sh spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I forgot how much getting the gold portrait frame for Biff Atlus and Boollossus in Luigi's Mansion makes me want to turn myself into a ghost
Boolossus in general was always the ****ing most painful experience. Those apprehensive fibal Boos and your accuracy with the ice has to be on freaking point.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
View attachment 244659
Here's Kirby who's made out of wasps. (And yes, i already ate them.)
Hey yeah, do me a BIG favor and NEVER POST ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN, thanks.
Also you have a bit of a bad habit posting mega-huge images, could I kindly ask you to resize them to something a bit smaller?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pokemon spoiler

GUNDAM LADYBUG

GUNDAM LADYBUG

GUNDAM LADYBUG
Looks like Necrozma fused with Ledian. But I feel like I almost know which Gundam mech you're talking about, despite my lack of Gundam knowledge aside from G Gundam and like 2 other shows.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hey yeah, do me a BIG favor and NEVER POST ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN, thanks.
Also you have a bit of a bad habit posting mega-huge images, could I kindly ask you to resize them to something a bit smaller?
Jeez, calm down i understand. Thank you.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Looks like Necrozma fused with Ledian. But I feel like I almost know which Gundam mech you're talking about, despite my lack of Gundam knowledge aside from G Gundam and like 2 other shows.
Its not refrencing a specific one its just has the typical gundam horns and its a mech

It's a Bug/Psychic type apparently
the psychic typing is because its referencing the newtypes from Gundam which are basically evolved humans with psychic abilities

Its 100% a Hitoshi Ariga design

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
More have leaked btw

No context but Big Chungus is in the game.

Oh, and Stunfisk becomes steel/ground and looks like a bear trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom