• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Dude. They know my history. A history I’m trying to make up for. No need to bring it up again.

I’m just excited because Microsoft actually does own a lot of cool franchises and third party exclusives (see my Xbox smash clone roster) and now he has the option to try them and potentially fall in love the way I did.
Yeah, I agree, I was a bit rude, I suppose.
My apologies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Food for thought.

Also, I like to share when people agree with me.

D

Deleted member

It says he only goes to his "main home" for three days of the week.

...that's actually kinda sad.
At least he gets those three days for himself and maybe someone he truly enjoys passing the time with...

While I am stuck everyday with my parents and their overblown dramas every single day and to toxic levels.

D

Deleted member

Food for thought.

As one of my first animes, I appreciate DBZ. It's clearly iconic and the video games are typically strong.

He said it best. It's dumb and stupid but I wont ever hate it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh yeah. Japanese spyro 1 and 2 were ****. But it is weird that two purple characters sell poorly over there when purple is considered the color of death in Japan.

I’ve heard Reignited did well there though.
Not the color of death. That's black

Iirc, purple is seen as a villainous color in Japan

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Y'know, Mega Man's really gotta keep in mind of a certain weakness of his when he's around Sonic.​

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Food for thought.

It's also popular because it's just super easy to get into, there aren't a whole lot of layers to DBZ, you get what you see. I kinda view it like your typical franchise action movie that comes out of modern Hollywood, from a writing perspective it's not very good (although it does deserve credit for the foundation it laid, like the tweet recognizes), but it's just a lot of fun to see cool characters duke it out. I probably wouldn't be a fan of the series if I didn't grow up with it, but I did, so yeah, sometimes you should just allow yourself to have a bit of mindless fun.

I do think the manga is a lot better than the anime though, the artwork in it is genuinely great, and it doesn't have nearly as much fluff. The writing is still a bit all over the place though, especially in the Cell and Buu sagas.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Food for thought.

To be fair, the series does what it sets out to do rather well. It isn’t taking home any awards for writing, but the intensity of the fights and the standard ‘coolness’ of the characters is strong, and it doesn’t really need much else. That’s why it’s such an influential series.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, the series does what it sets out to do rather well. It isn’t taking home any awards for writing, but the intensity of the fights and the standard ‘coolness’ of the characters is strong, and it doesn’t really need much else. That’s why it’s such an influential series.
Just because it was influential doesn’t mean it’s good.

It can still be a fun watch that people love though.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Food for thought.

I like z. For the most part the story was good, although I still say they should've ended it after Namek. I'm not a fan of super though, it got really silly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The neat thing about Assassin's Creed in Smash is it can take place in the Canon. Where someone plugs in a switch instead of a dead guy's brain.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dragon Ball is the perfect junk food anime; it's dumb as **** and taking in too much of it at once probably isn't good for you, but man if it can't be really enjoyable.

That being said, I'll take a few more movies like Dragon Ball Super: Broly, please. Thank you.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Food for thought.

IDK how apt the "stupid and dumb" comparison is with regards to Superman, but yeah, people should generally not be dunking on series' they haven't actually experienced.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
IDK how apt the "stupid and dumb" comparison is with regards to Superman, but yeah, people should generally not be dunking on series' they haven't actually experienced.
Probably shouldn’t have included the second tweet.

But considering how people are engaging with the post in general, if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have gotten any responses at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh people who dunk on Supes for being a goody twoshoes boyscout are just ****ing boring people who go out of their way to mock any form of positivity in the world. Superman may seem basic as **** but by god, has Supes had some powerful ****ing imagery and panels that very few heroes can even compare to.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Dragon Ball is underappreciated due to Z getting all the attention. You get an interesting and charming adventure full of flair and personality, all while using actual martial arts. It's incredible.

Z is dumb. but it is very easy to get into and it is popcorn TV. It is the equivalent of a sitcom movie: it's not the hardest to get into, but it's fun seeing what happens and how.

Having said that, DB could do with changing the formula. Goku does not need to be the hero all the time. Even when he isn't, he contributed in some way that directly influences the outcome!

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Dragon Ball is underappreciated due to Z getting all the attention. You get an interesting and charming adventure full of flair and personality, all while using actual martial arts. It's incredible.

Z is dumb. but it is very easy to get into and it is popcorn TV. It is the equivalent of a sitcom movie: it's not the hardest to get into, but it's fun seeing what happens and how.

Having said that, DB could do with changing the formula. Goku does not need to be the hero all the time. Even when he isn't, he contributed in some way that directly influences the outcome!
I didn't really enjoy Z but I'm a huge fan of super. Feel like the two have different game plans.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Goku becomes the villain next time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still wanna see a DBZ and Superman/DC crossover. Like, an actual collaboration between Toriyama/Jump and DC. In comic form. God that has potential.
They technically already did that.
You know what I mean.

Oh people who dunk on Supes for being a goody twoshoes boyscout are just ****ing boring people who go out of their way to mock any form of positivity in the world. Superman may seem basic as **** but by god, has Supes had some powerful ****ing imagery and panels that very few heroes can even compare to.
I really hope they can finally get someone to actually translate that to the silver screen.

I’m still waiting on actually good and accurate Batman and Superman movies like what they did for Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I didn't really enjoy Z but I'm a huge fan of super. Feel like the two have different game plans.
Never bothered with Super much. The amount of retconning is a turn off. I get it that it has been decades between the two, but I can't let stuff like Roshi is stronger than Krillin/Tien/Yamcha slide that easily.

Apparently Tien's rigorous training means jack, but 17 gained about three tiers of power by ranging a park. The ****.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Never bothered with Super much. The amount of retconning is a turn off. I get it that it has been decades between the two, but I can't let stuff like Roshi is stronger than Krillin/Tien/Yamcha slide that easily.

Apparently Tien's rigorous training means jack, but 17 gained about three tiers of power by ranging a park. The ****.
And that’s why power scaling and tier lists are pointless bull that I really don’t understand why people bother with.

D

Deleted member

My god. What happened?
A lot of things.

I don't even ****ing know how many of them because as usual my anxiety is a ***** and can easily make me worried too easily.

But a lot of those things that have happened are truly not from my anxiety.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've come to a conclusion. The character in the spoiler is our fifth Fighters Pass character:
Why this character? Because I said so. And I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom