• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Team Hayabusa
Team KOS-MOS
Team Reimu

What team are you guys until further notice says otherwise?
I'm personally on Team Nobody Knows Who Fighter 5 Is, And I Won't Expect That To Change Til Like A Week Before The Reveal.

iirc all the three you've just mentioned have already been shot down

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Team Hayabusa
Team KOS-MOS
Team Reimu

What team are you guys until further notice says otherwise?
I'm like 99% sure there's still another twist yet to come, the whole situation atm smells like chaos is going to ensue right before the Direct/presentation. The insiders are going to keep the information close to them for as long as they can, but will still make sure they get those credibility points before the official reveal.

D

Deleted member

Right now I'm on Team "Please stop being such a ***** life", Team "I want happiness and personal peace back" and Team "**** you anxiety"

D

Deleted member

Alright, I'm just going to pop in for a sec to say this:
At this point, I would really love if Fighter #5 is a character no-one expected.
Hell, I would take pretty much anything outside of the highly requested characters as "fine, I guess"

now back to your regularly scheduled ghosting, ooooOOoooooOoooooooooOooooOoooooooooooooooooooooooO

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Just a thought, what if she has trouble showing emotion on her face at first (which she’ll get better at as the journey progresses) and she had a small mask as her necklace that helps her express more emotion while disguised as well as changes expression on her normal form to match her mood?
Yeah, if you were thinking of combining the two, that could work

That or just have the necklace on its own and have her hold one of those masks attached to the end of a stick, though you might not want that if you want to free u_ her hands

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Remember when people believed shifty over Ryu Hayabusa, only for Nintendo themselves to mess that up with their **** up?

I almost convinced no one would have "leaked" Terry if not for the copyright mistake. Once SNK was seen, it was straight forward to assume his inclusion.

D

Deleted member

If I wasn't the way I am, I would be breaking something from the anger I completely have right now.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah, if you were thinking of combining the two, that could work

That or just have the necklace on its own and have her hold one of those masks attached to the end of a stick, though you might not want that if you want to free u_ her hands
Yeah I was planning on having her take Peach’s hands when they turn invisible/disguising themselves. I’ll play around with those a bit.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
New Sakurai column! This time it's all about his homes and consoles.

D

Deleted member

New Sakurai column! This time it's all about his homes and consoles.

Finally some official news that we can bicker about for 5 pages!

wait, no, i'm a ghost. ooooOOOoooOooooO, that's so cooooool!
I really should stop with the ghost joke lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mentioned this elsewhere, but I definitely think people are sleeping on Assassin's Creed getting a character in Smash, Ezio in particular.

D

Deleted member

Mentioned this elsewhere, but I definitely think people are sleeping on Assassin's Creed getting a character in Smash, Ezio in particular.
I honestly kinda feel so too.

Most people tend to think around the internet that Rayman has to be the first Ubisoft rep to happen after what went on with him in Smash 4 and between Ubisoft and Nintendo recently.

But Assasin Creed does also seem like a franchise I could see happening, seeing how much Ubisoft is pushing for it overall.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
New Sakurai column, huh?

I hope he reveals something that will cause people to bicker. Be it timing of wave 2 finalization, goals, and so on...

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
All about controllers. He has over 60. Astral Chain irritated his tendonitis, so he bought a rapid fire controller to play through. He also bought Switch Online Famicom controllers and the PS4's Unlimited Pro Controller.

Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
If Ezio does get in, I’ll feel very overly-pleased with myself with how hard I’ve been pushing him for the past year or so.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All about controllers. He has over 60. Astral Chain irritated his tendonitis, so he bought a rapid fire controller to play through. He also bought Switch Online Famicom controllers and the PS4's Unlimited Pro Controller.

Sakurai owns an Xbox One...
52D80643-3FC4-4618-8FEB-950D22C137DA.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Most people tend to think around the internet that Rayman has to be the first Ubisoft rep to happen after what went on with him in Smash 4 and between Ubisoft and Nintendo recently.

But Assasin Creed does also seem like a franchise I could see happening, seeing how much Ubisoft is pushing for it overall.
Yeah. Flip of a coin which one we get tbh.
Still on Team Crash until proven otherwise.
Team Namco till death.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It says he only goes to his "main home" for three days of the week.

...that's actually kinda sad.
That's Japanese Work Culture in a nutshell, honestly.
Stay at work 24/7, barely any sleep, hell sleeping during work is considered POLITE, of all things.
How the hell is being glad a high profile name in Japan's gaming industry actually bought an Xbox One hating Nintendo?
I won't say anything other than if you want to know, go back a couple hundred pages.(I think it was low 2000's?)
Or I guess Snakefighter could explain. Pretty sure she said she wouldn't bring it back up, thou.

D

Deleted member

How the hell is being glad a high profile name in Japan's gaming industry actually bought an Xbox One hating Nintendo?
He did say to go play Banjo-Kazooie on Xbox after all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

It also helps that Assassin's Creed is actually very popular in Japan for a western game, while Rayman has historically sold really poorly there.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's Japanese Work Culture in a nutshell, honestly.
Stay at work 24/7, barely any sleep, hell sleeping during work is considered POLITE, of all things.

I won't say anything other than if you want to know, go back a couple hundred pages.(I think it was low 2000's?)
Or I guess Snakefighter could explain. Pretty sure she said she wouldn't bring it back up, thou.
Dude. They know my history. A history I’m trying to make up for. No need to bring it up again.

I’m just excited because Microsoft actually does own a lot of cool franchises and third party exclusives (see my Xbox smash clone roster) and now he has the option to try them and potentially fall in love the way I did.
It also helps that Assassin's Creed is actually very popular in Japan for a western game, while Rayman has historically sold really poorly there.
Rayman and Spyro both sell poorly because Japan hates purple.

Like, that’s a freakin cultural bruh moment right there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom