• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I swear, Skyrim On Everything has become the new Can It Run Doom

it's perfect

D

Deleted member

Blue ain't that good of a color.

I heard there is a Happy cult of sorts that likes the color blue. Located next to a place called Twoson or something.
Fine then how about Yellow? Yellow is pretty cool.
Isaac.jpg

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Hmmm.... if a Tekken character (my choice being Kazuya) made it into Smash, what do you think the series symbol would be?

I think it's between the Zaibatsu logo and the Devil Gene Tattoo, with a leaning towards the tattoo. But what do you think?
Devil Gene tattoo. It's simple and can represent multiple characters.

D

Deleted member

Why did this get so many likes?

We got a lotta bronies in this thread?
I see it as evidence that people want MLP in Smash. Sakurai now has to cancel Waluigi for this sudden surge of fan demand.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If you want a purple character in Smash look no further than my avatar

Olimar's Purple Pikmin are already better than most the roster, so while not make it official?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Considering the characters after the pass were most likely decided on somewhat recently, I'm going to assume characters who are spirits have a chance now.

So, does anyone else think Shantae might have a fairly solid chance?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I have a memory of there being a purple Yoshi in Yoshi's Story when I was younger, but apparently it doesn't exist so I guess it was just my imagination; or me trying to find cheat codes for my GameShark and finding the GameGenie website.

Though I believe it was when I first tried the game, and it already had some saved data...oh well.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of characters, I never finished my top 100 favorite fictional character countdown.

And I would do write-ups for the top 25, but life's been busy for me and interest has decreased a lot over time.

So for all who remember my ranking OR would like to see my absolute FAVORITE fictional characters of all time, here's the top 25 of all time:

1. Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
2. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
3. The Joker (Ledger's portrayal; Dark Knight)

4. Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
5. 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)
6. Bojack Horseman (Bojack Horseman)
7. Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
8. Tony Stark/Iron Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
9. Dwight K. Schrute (The Office)
10. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
11. Iroh (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
12. Michael Scott (The Office)
13. Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
14. Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)
15. Willy Wonka (Wilder's portrayal)
16. Roy Mustang (FMA and FMA Brotherhood)
17. Stanley "Grunkle Stan" Pines (Gravity Falls)
18. Lucille Bluth (Arrested Development)
19. Oskar Schindler (Schindler's List)
20. Michael "Mike" Corleone (The Godfather series)
21. Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
22. Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)
23. Sally Draper (Mad Men)
24. Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
25. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)

StormC

Smash Hero
Considering the characters after the pass were most likely decided on somewhat recently, I'm going to assume characters who are spirits have a chance now.

So, does anyone else think Shantae might have a fairly solid chance?
I'm unsure how indie characters stand, all things considered. Sans got in (as a costume) after Toby Fox literally met Sakurai and played Smash with him, lol.

But if they do add indie characters... I know who I'd want:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Speaking of characters, I never finished my top 100 favorite fictional character countdown.

And I would do write-ups for the top 25, but life's been busy for me and interest has decreased a lot over time.

So for all who remember my ranking OR would like to see my absolute FAVORITE fictional characters of all time, here's the top 25 of all time:

1. Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
2. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
3. The Joker (Ledger's portrayal; Dark Knight)

4. Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
5. 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)
6. Bojack Horseman (Bojack Horseman)
7. Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
8. Tony Stark/Iron Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
9. Dwight K. Schrute (The Office)
10. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
11. Iroh (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
12. Michael Scott (The Office)
13. Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
14. Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)
15. Willy Wonka (Wilder's portrayal)
16. Roy Mustang (FMA and FMA Brotherhood)
17. Stanley "Grunkle Stan" Pines (Gravity Falls)
18. Lucille Bluth (Arrested Development)
19. Oskar Schindler (Schindler's List)
20. Michael "Mike" Corleone (The Godfather series)
21. Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
22. Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)
23. Sally Draper (Mad Men)
24. Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
25. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Interesting list, even if there are no characters here I'm particularly fond of (except maybe Iroh).

Meanwhile, I still have a top 100 character list of my own. It's not quite complete, since some of the characters don't have finalized rankings. But when it is done, I plan to share it here.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Twilight's not my favorite pony, but she's in my top 3. Also, MLP is the only Hasbro franchise I like.

Someone deserves a whoopin'. And some spelling lessons.
I'm writting on my phone sir, don't be mean to us phone users.

D

Deleted member

Although it's great we're getting more characters, it's a little bittersweet for me. I was mentally ready to consider Banjo the peak and hang it up after this Fighters Pass. There's no character left they could announce that could get me anywhere near as excited as K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and Ridley.

I suppose one way to look at it is while the Fighters Pass had two inclusions I loved, and two I was indifferent to, I can hope for 3+ more characters that I like, even if I don't love them. Otherwise I might not be too invested, haha.

Either that or they introduce characters that make me want to play their games. That works too.
Personally, I don't really care about any of the DLC picks. It's kinda a shame that the one thing that I was hyped for was a mii costume from a cult classic.

And even then, I really don't think there is any character(outside of something like Mettaton which is unlikely now) that would REALLY persuade me to buy the fighter pass.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Personally, I don't really care about any of the DLC picks. It's kinda a shame that the one thing that I was hyped for was a mii costume from a cult classic.

And even then, I really don't think there is any character(outside of something like Mettaton which is unlikely now) that would REALLY persuade me to buy the fighter pass.
I don't think Undertale counts as a cult classic

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With Ultimate getting a second wave of fighter DLC, I might put my wishlist back in my signature (with some tweaks).

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hmmm.... if a Tekken character (my choice being Kazuya) made it into Smash, what do you think the series symbol would be?

I think it's between the Zaibatsu logo and the Devil Gene Tattoo, with a leaning towards the tattoo. But what do you think?
I'd say that the Devil Gene tattoo would be a perfect symbol for the series in Smash. It's been connected to the main story ever since Tekken 2 with Devil Kazuya's debut and is very much Tekken's Satsui no Hado.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think Undertale counts as a cult classic
Why would it not be? It sold millions, still has an active fanbase after 4+ years(which most indie games can't attest to, aside from the big hitters like FNAF) and occasionally has new content made.

It's a cult classic, alright.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Why would it not be? It sold millions, still has an active fanbase after 4+ years(which most indie games can't attest to, aside from the big hitters like FNAF) and occasionally has new content made.

It's a cult classic, alright.
Exactly

it's way too popular to be "cult", cult classics are things that have small but dedicated fanbases, the Undertale fanbase is massive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom