• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Anyway, I'm probably going to do a Blue Lions or Black Eagles play through soon, but after having a lord who can fly it's going to be hard to go to an infantry and an armored one. I know I could just reclass them but I care about lore too much. Divine Pulse combined with a strong player phase also meant that I rarely felt incentivised to turtle which means armored units lose their main use.

I guess lategame Edelgaurde will probably be stuck in the back fighting off reinforcements or something while the main cavalry force charges ahead. Though hopefully they'll have designed Black Eagle maps with armored units in mind.
You can always warp your lord into the fray.

I too cannot resist keeping units as unique classes they get, and it was never a deal breaker. In fact in a way they can enter the fray more than fliers in the sense that they don't care about archers that often cover a wide portion of every map.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Watch this be the actual voice of Luigi in the upcoming Illumination animated movie.
I feel like it's obligatory to post the copypasta that imagines that timeline now that we're discussing Owen Smith Luigi

this summer...
everyone's favorite plumber...
is coming to the big screen
cuts to bowser voiced by Adam Sandler What a bummer!
Ke$ha starts playing WAKE UP IN THE MORNING FEELING LIKE IM P DIDDY
Mario wakes up giddy for the morning as Peach is carried away in the distance, his alarm is still going off and he can't hear her, scrolls through some messages, looks up as he's about to read "princess peach kidnapped" remember to take up luigi, who's alarm is the local radio "in other news, princess peach has been-"
Mario, voiced by Aziz Ansari "It's a me! Your brother, Mario! We need to get an early start on our day if we're going to get anything done!"
Luigi, voiced by Owen Wilson, "just go on without me, man"
Mario: "but together we are the super Mario brothers! Without you I'm just... Regular Mario Brother."
two brothers will find themselves
Mario "what?! Peach is missing?"
Luigi "really?"
and maybe Peach
Mario "and bowser took her?"
Luigi "wow REALLY?"
but first they have to find Bowser
bowser: "I know what girls like!"
presents a bundle of fire flowers to Peach "fire flower?"
Peach kicks him in the balls
"AAAAA My fire balls!"
who might need to be saved from peach
peach, voiced by who do you ****ing think, it's Kristen Schaal "I keep inviting you to go kart riding, to play golf, to parties, and even to the Olympic Games AND THIS IS HOW YOU TREAT ME?!"
this summer is going to be
montage of slap stick
bowser twerking

Mario "aaawkward"
this summer is going to be...
montage that's pretty much the inevitable dance party ending
toad doing a head spin

"LIIIIIIIIT"
this summer is going to be!
*montage of every time they say "super" in the movie
SUPER
Super Mario Bros.

D

Deleted member

Yes, a nindies presentation. just as I predicted.

Everything is coming together now.:demon:
~Snip~
So the 2 recently announced wayforward games are gonna be playable at pax west on August 30 meaning we should get a nindies summer presentation next week or the week after next before pax and following that nindies presentation we should get a Nintendo direct in September which would possibly reveal :ultbanjokazooie: release date and likely reveal challenger pack 4...him
~snip~

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just watched the Invader Zim movie on Netflix. I was surprised to find that Professor Membrane was easily the highlight of the movie, and that was just in the first few minutes. I'm glad that it only followed the comics at the very start before doing its own thing. All in all, I enjoyed it, and hopefully this leads to more Zim episodes being made, whether it's for Netflix or in general.

My only issue was that the writing for the Almighty Tallest wasn't on par with the rest of it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Nintendo sure loves to start presentations while I'm at work.
Always wondered why they aired some in the middle of work/school over here. Now obviously watching it LIVE is not the only way to watch it and they will prioritize Japan, but still. Peculiar.

Last edited:

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I just watched the Invader Zim movie on Netflix. I was surprised to find that Professor Membrane was easily the highlight of the movie, and that was just in the first few minutes. I'm glad that it only followed the comics at the very start before doing its own thing. All in all, I enjoyed it, and hopefully this leads to more Zim episodes being made, whether it's for Netflix or in general.

My only issue was that the writing for the Almighty Tallest wasn't on par with the rest of it.
Wait, Enter the Florpus is out NOW?!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Were any of the announcements that interesting?
Galarian Weezing's ability is Neutralizing Gas, which eliminates all other abilities on the field.

Moral of the story is pair it with Slaking as long as it comes back.

D

Deleted member

Galarian Weezing's ability is Neutralizing Gas, which eliminates all other abilities on the field.

You know very well that they're not bringing back Slaking for that specific reason

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Watch as they make that ability have no impact on godawful abilities like Truant, Slow Start and Defeatist

For real though, Galarian Weezing keeps on sounding better and better

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I just watched it. It was an enjoyable romp. Even if it felt a little... pointless? I don’t know. I just feel like it came and went and nothing really changed because of it. It wasn’t even that funny.

Also, sometimes the flash animation really shines through and it just looks weird.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Galar Weezing's new ability is ****ing awesome. I'll take what I got here. :laugh:

Edit: WAIT! There's an item called Room Service that lowers Speed when under Trick Room.

Oh man... is this the Trick Room age I've been waiting for? :o

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Everyday is trick room day if you are slow by default honestly

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well tonight is my last night I stay up very late and tomorrow being when I begin making some new life changes. A bedtime routine and not being active here as much as I used to be given needing to be more clean, second job eventually, bonding more with the dogs, finding new hobbies and activities, etc. You get it.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
In honor of Enter the Florpus being released today, I present my favorite Gir moment. :grin:

D

Deleted member

Does anyone else think it’s weird that we still don’t know the names of the main characters of Astral Chain yet?
If they haven't revealed names this close to release, you're probably gonna be able to name the playable character

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If they haven't revealed names this close to release, you're probably gonna be able to name the playable character
Aw ****! That means the story is gonna suck ass! :(. There goes any chance for a story with actual character development or a protagonist with memorable character traits.

They gotta have default names of something. I do not want to have to keep saying “Astral Chain Protag for Smash”

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The funny thing is, they showed it on Rhyperior. Y'know, a Pokemon with 40 base speed.
So not every Pokemon is coming back to Galar but that piece of **** is
I guess it's the price of having Rhyhorn and Rhydon in

wll its an indie one so you aint missing much
tbh the Indie showcase earlier this year which revealed Cadence of Hyrule and the Cuphead port was really good, though I'm not expecting anything as big this time

I just want the Goose game, damnit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom