• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What ever happened to the XBox gamepass on the Switch? I know it was just a rumor, but was it like, ever confirmed fake or anything? It is still likely at all?

I wanna play Banjo but I just have nintendo consoles and a crappy desktop PC :c
Most likely if it is true, it will come when XCloud is properly released. Gamepass games would need to be emulated or ported to the Switch otherwise as they are different architectures.
I've played a game from every Nintendo franchise on the roster. Some stick out to me, others don't.

Not saying new franchises are bad, but I feel like Smash 4 serves as an example why we need to strive for a balance of newcomers from both new and old franchises. Yes, new franchises can introduce you to a lot of games you might not have been familiar with prior, but you also want to get characters from the ones you're already familiar with. It's not much fun for fans when the games they already know and love get passed over again and again in favor of, "That one cool series you should definitely give a try someday because it's awesome and definitely deserves more love."

It's hard to relate to a franchise you don't know much about or rarely played.
I understand your point but at the same time, I'm not really sold on continuously having additions from series already in the game for a simple reason.

As much as I like a few characters or Pokemon like Ashley, Dixie, Elma, Rex, Hawlucha, Midna, Impa, Ghiraim, Zant, Marx, etc. and there are other characters that are popular like Waluigi or BWD. Its hard for me to say they are as exciting as having a character from a new series added to the game. Especially because mosy of the new additions bring new archetypes to the roster more easily.

Part of the crossover factor is seeing many IPs interacting with each other and if we just keep adding stuff from certain games, the crossover factor ends up being limited and the game isn't as fun.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
What the **** are the two games added to the NES Switch library?

Move onto SNES already

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Move onto SNES already
For real. This is the first time I've never so much as heard of either game before.

Nintendo has one of the most valuable treasure troves of classic games but you wouldn't know that by looking at what they have available. The paid service is almost a year old and there are still no SNES games. There's no excuse to not have up to the N64 and GBA at the very least.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Move onto SNES already
There's probably something coming next month to get people who bought the 12-month to renew their subscription. I hope it's SNES, but it could just be OG Game Boy.

Or nothing, that's an option I guess

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Move onto SNES already
Vice Project Doom is a hidden gem that's never been re-released before. It's a solid multi-genre game and is worth checking out.
Kung Fu Heroes is okay and is certainly better than the black-box titles we've gotten as of late. Fingers crossed for the sequel: Little Ninja Brothers is next.

Lack of SNES games aside, this is a pleasant surprise and hopefully a good sign of things to come.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Trying the Cadence of Hyrule demo. I'm liking it a lot.

Which is odd since I'm really struggling to do the same with Crypt of the Necrodancer.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I want to play Yoshi's Island on the Switch already, dang it.

Some Gamecube re-releases would also be more than welcome. Since the Wii U never got around to that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Some Gamecube re-releases would also be more than welcome. Since the Wii U never got around to that.
Give me Super Mario Sunshine HD and F-Zero GX HD or give me death

Disappointed the only HD GC remakes on the Wii U were both Zelda games...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Most likely if it is true, it will come when XCloud is properly released. Gamepass games would need to be emulated or ported to the Switch otherwise as they are different architectures.

I understand your point but at the same time, I'm not really sold on continuously having additions from series already in the game for a simple reason.

As much as I like a few characters or Pokemon like Ashley, Dixie, Elma, Rex, Hawlucha, Midna, Impa, Ghiraim, Zant, Marx, etc. and there are other characters that are popular like Waluigi or BWD. Its hard for me to say they are as exciting as having a character from a new series added to the game. Especially because mosy of the new additions bring new archetypes to the roster more easily.

Part of the crossover factor is seeing many IPs interacting with each other and if we just keep adding stuff from certain games, the crossover factor ends up being limited and the game isn't as fun.
It depends on what the franchise is. Smash 4 gave us Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Punch Out, Xenoblade, and Duck Hunt. At the time, AC was the only franchise that I would've considered a really meaningful addition to Smash. Obviously Xenoblade makes more sense now, but the other three are too small to go much farther.

New franchises are cool, but I don't want Sakurai to prioritize it to the point where most of the newcomers are from these really niche IPs that most people wouldn't know. I'd rather get another Pokemon or even another FE rep instead of someone who comes from small series that's been mostly inactive over the years.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Where the heck is Earthbound Beginnings? It's the only worthwhile NES game left to add.

That said though, hopefully the September Direct will reveal SNES games.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

We need a Mario Sunshine re-release. Or remake. Or anything, galaxy got a sequel, so where's the love for sunshine?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Out of all the DMC games, 1 is probably my least favorite. With 3 being the only one worse in my eyes. So no. Not buying it on Switch.
I am personally not a DMC fan so... I don't know much about that lol.

As for you not focusing on Nintendo that much, well... I understand that not everyone does focus on Nintendo but it does seem a bit off when seeing this on Smashboards lol. But it's OK, I do recommend you focus on Nintendo, especially the Switch, there have been many good games on the console.

And I have been playing more PC and thir party games too, like I recently got my sister's Vita and enjoyed what it offers.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
anything interesting i missed while i passed out from lack of sleep

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If a Blazblue rep get in, how ya guys reacts?
I'm not overly familiar with BlazBlue (I'm trying to go through the games' stories starting from the beginning since I got them all on Steam, but it seems unnecessarily convoluted, with multiple contradictory storylines that are all canon due to time travel or something?), but I'd be fine with it.

I'm assuming that Ragna would represent the series, though maybe I'm wrong and Jin or Noel wind up being more important overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom