• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Never thought I’d point out same energy between a husky and K. Rool but here you go:

I mean the last two games had more obscure Marvel characters like Ronin and Penance (and I guess Songbird) so I don’t think it’s that surprising.
Yeah. But that was before the Disney buyout. They almost exclusively promote the characters from their films and tv shows with very few exceptions

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay. So.

I made a thing.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So an explanation is in order:

I apologize for being gone and abruptly leaving. Thank you Gentlepanda Gentlepanda and my fellow moderators for taking over AMAs.

The last two weeks have been miserable for me. I've been coping with the sudden death of a friend back home, and as I was mourning, a copyright troll flagged all my Youtube content and my channel was deleted. 7500 subs, 650,000 views, three years of work, all gone in an instant. Smashboards has been the furthest thing from my mind for awhile.

I'm not leaving, but I'm also not going to be too present for a little while. My entire focus now is rebuilding what I lost and getting my head on straight. I'd sincerely, sincerely appreciate any likes/subs/shares on the new channel from anyone who's enjoyed my work, but I don't want to use my platform here to repeatedly beg. So I'll only ask this once as a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6cqwAqxh-FEgmLBFZmt_w

The Fire Emblem video I've been working on all month was supposed to be a big happy moment. I'm proud of what I made. But... things just don't feel right right now. Hopefully I'll look back on this more fondly later on.

I'll be around if anyone needs me, but replies will be very slow. If it's a staff-related issue, I'd recommend reaching out to someone else for much faster help.

D

Deleted member

How many people here like playing overwatch, especially quickplay? How many have pc edition?

If you do, I've gotten back into the game recently and would love to have more people to play with. Just lemme know if you wanna exchange blizzard friend codes/usernames some time.
Been wanting to but at the same time I want to wait for role queue/2-2-2. Once those come out on live I'll hit you up

I apologize for being gone and abruptly leaving. Thank you Gentlepanda Gentlepanda and my fellow moderators for taking over AMAs.

The last two weeks have been miserable for me. I've been coping with the sudden death of a friend back home, and as I was mourning, a copyright troll flagged all my Youtube content and my channel was deleted. 7500 subs, 650,000 views, three years of work, all gone in an instant. Smashboards has been the furthest thing from my mind for awhile.

I'm not leaving, but I'm also not going to be too present for a little while. My entire focus now is rebuilding what I lost and getting my head on straight. I'd sincerely, sincerely appreciate any likes/subs/shares on the new channel from anyone who's enjoyed my work, but I don't want to use my platform here to repeatedly beg. So I'll only ask this once as a friend.

The Fire Emblem video I've been working on all month was supposed to be a big happy moment. I'm proud of what I made. But... things just don't feel right right now. Hopefully I'll look back on this more fondly later on.

I'll be around if anyone needs me, but replies will be very slow. If it's a staff-related issue, I'd recommend reaching out to someone else for much faster help.
Sorry to hear you've been going through some ****ty times. Hope you can get your YouTube stuff back on track and start feeling better about things, I'll be here pulling for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

:( I am really sorry that happened to you, grey. I hope you can recover everything again, even if it takes some time. The best of luck!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through so much. That's a ton of drama on your plate. I hope you can heal emotionally as much as possible.

We're here to support you and if you wanna chat, I'm here and we're here to hear you out.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Man, Takamaru has it so rough. Just the thought that if only he found a spot in Melee, he could've had a better chance to be playable here. I think about that a lot.

I really have no clue why YouTube happens to be so flawed nowadays, but here's to hoping things get better.

D

Deleted member

Okay. So.

-snip embed-

I made a thing.
My hype is through the roof I’m not even joking. I had to do a double take when I saw this. Let me take a shower and I'm checking this out.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I’m sorry this happened. You really don’t deserve it. Not sure what else to say, but this is some real bull****.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Man, Takamaru has it so rough. Just the thought that if only he found a spot in Melee, he could've had a better chance to be playable here. I think about that a lot.
I do think Sakurai made the right choices though. Although Takamaru likely would've been a really unique addition to the roster, Ice Climbers have a gimmick that's hard to replicate, and Game and Watch represents one of the earliest eras in gaming.

Plus, if Sakurai still had plans to include Marth/Roy, then Takamaru might've been a little excessive. Time was limited, and I don't know if a third character exclusive to Japan would've been the best idea.

Noipoi

Howdy!

**** sucks man, I got your back.

D

Deleted member

Good on Grey and everyone else involved with OPMeat for continuing to work on this. They could have easily stopped there, but they didn’t. That dedication is what makes good content.

Speaking of OPMeat, that new FE episode with hilarious. I’d love to see more of that. (Good work on the backgrounds, Panda!)

Iridium

Smash Hero
I do think Sakurai made the right choices though. Although Takamaru likely would've been a really unique addition to the roster, Ice Climbers have a gimmick that's hard to replicate, and Game and Watch represents one of the earliest eras in gaming.

Plus, if Sakurai still had plans to include Marth/Roy, then Takamaru might've been a little excessive. Time was limited, and I don't know if a third character exclusive to Japan would've been the best idea.
You're not wrong, I just feel he had limited chances from the start. Melee might have been his only big shot.

YouTube needs to get their crap together, frickin blindly trusting copyright claims.

And that really sucks, too; hope things get better staindgrey staindgrey
I've also seen another channel get demonitized recently for apparently stealing content that obviously wasn't. Really makes you think someone out there loves abusing the system.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm guessing Square Enix wanted to wait until DQXI's anniversary on Monday to give the ok for Nintendo to release Hero. Especially since that Japanese poster at 7-11 is up until August 4th.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm guessing Square Enix wanted to wait until DQXI's anniversary on Monday to give the ok for Nintendo to release Hero. Especially since that Japanese poster at 7-11 is up until August 4th.
So, the 29th then?

We could still see the 4.0 video sooner though

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just came back from my house with my dogs to cut the grass. My manager also called me earlier today if I could come into work and told him I couldn't I already had my day planned and was busy having to do the grass otherwise I would had.

D

Deleted member

I use “xD” once and Reddit gets onto me.

Someone left a hateful comment but I honestly can’t help but chuckle at how hateful it is.

The post just screams “I have nothing better to do but argue at people because they said something that does not harm or affect me in any way.” I can’t help but find that mildly humorous.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m curious to see Mr. Mime’s Audio Commentary, but...
6BA3FC41-426C-4A4E-A28A-8CD38B39C954.jpeg
This render is just so ugly. It’s bugging me for no reason at all.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Quick thing since I'm the resident Resident Evil evil guy here:

re_price.png

Capcom finally discounted their Switch Resident Evil games to the price they should have been from the start. So I'll be picking them up. Anyone else who was waiting for a better price, now's your chance.

AndreaAC

Someone left a hateful comment but I honestly can’t help but chuckle at how hateful it is.

The post just screams “I have nothing better to do but argue at people because they said something that does not harm or affect me in any way.” I can’t help but find that mildly humorous.
Just for using that? Really? I use it almost all the time and I don't care. xD

D

Deleted member

Just for using that? Really? I use it almost all the time and I don't care. xD
xD is not a bad thing. I got, like, 67 downvotes from saying it. LOL Nothing else.

Anyone who spends their time yelling at kids online because they said xD once needs to re-think some things. :mybodyisreggie:

needless to say ill be more conscious about that now lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I'm truly sorry to hear what you've gone through. That kind of **** isn't easy to deal with...

My prayers and deepest condolences to the loss of your friend. I get why you're taking time off here, but do remember that you've got friends who are willing to listen to and help you around here, too.

AndreaAC

xD is not a bad thing. I got, like, 67 downvotes from saying it. LOL Nothing else.

Anyone who spends their time yelling at kids online because they said xD once needs to re-think some things. :mybodyisreggie:

needless to say ill be more conscious about that now lol
It's a bloody emote. Nothing else. Like is not affecting the Space-Time continium or something, or it is not causing anything harmful. Jesus, there's people for everything. But yeah, they got nothing better to do.

D

Deleted member

It's a bloody emote. Nothing else. Like is not affecting the Space-Time continium or something, or it is not causing anything harmful. Jesus, there's people for everything. But yeah, they got nothing better to do.
I mean, how do we know it doesn’t effect the space-time continuum?

hold up where did my family go

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice

-snip-

Damn man, I can't imagine how stressful it must have been. I wish the best for your friend's family and that your channel is able to rise again.

D

Deleted member

The wait for DLC could always be worse, at least over here in Smash we have a general timeframe of when Banjo and Hero are supposed to drop as well as full trailers.
Back in Mortal Kombat 11 we have no idea when characters will release and Nightwolf only has 2 renders and a 8 second teaser.

That's why I only lurk on reddit and barely ever post.
****'s ****ed yo

D

Deleted member

The wait for DLC could always be worse, at least over here in Smash we have a general timeframe of when Banjo and Hero are supposed to drop as well as full trailers.
Back in Mortal Kombat 11 we have no idea when characters will release and Nightwolf only has 2 renders and a 8 second teaser.

That's why I only lurk on reddit and barely ever post.
****'s ****ed yo
He just asked me to stop posting. LOL

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Quick thing since I'm the resident Resident Evil evil guy here:

View attachment 232472

Capcom finally discounted their Switch Resident Evil games to the price they should have been from the start. So I'll be picking them up. Anyone else who was waiting for a better price, now's your chance.
ok but why did they have to stylise resident evil 4's title in all lowercase like i was writing it

why, capcom?

D

Deleted member

Best social interaction I’ve had in a good while.
5BC86958-0C1E-4780-ABF1-ECFBF9BC6D11.jpeg
That’s my tangent over.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
If anybody of your are in Union station, don't talk to me because that would be awkward. Heading out for 2 weeks, away from the thread. See yall!

However, if anybody wants to try their hand at mafia, signups are currently open, so you could check it out if you wanted to over in the DGames forum.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Best social interaction I’ve had in a good while.
That’s my tangent over.
Holy moly, I actually saw your original comment ("literally unplayable") earlier today haha and had no idea it was you.

Also, reddit did a ******** over the "xD" thing. Sometimes it seems like all reddit does is overreact.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the loss of your friend, hope you can find peace of mind with the departure.

Pretty crappy the stuff regarding your channel. Seriously ytb needs to rework the whole fair use **** especially since there's a lot of **** that they should be taking down instead.

D

Deleted member

Holy moly, I actually saw your original comment ("literally unplayable") earlier today haha and had no idea it was you.

Also, reddit did a ******** over the "xD" thing. Sometimes it seems like all reddit does is overreact.
Hahah, yeah, that was indeed me.

Frankly, I do not know if I should feel bad about this. I’m leaning towards no.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I’m curious to see Mr. Mime’s Audio Commentary, but...
This render is just so ugly. It’s bugging me for no reason at all.
I'm looking forward to that audio commentary too.

And I think Mr. Mime looks off because remember he was in poorly lit areas in during his film appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom