• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm looking forward to that audio commentary too.

And I think Mr. Mime looks off because remember he was in poorly lit areas in during his film appearance.
No, it’s not that, it’s just that this render’s lighting is incredibly basic, and it just looks bad. Lighting akin to this would have worked better.
BBC767D5-103B-498D-B256-156FE797A48B.jpeg

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
ladies and gentlemen, it's big announcement time

the thursday AMA for Zinith is now up! feel free to head on over and feed him with all those burning questions and/or delicious sugary snacks you have

as for our next two AMAs...

View attachment 232454

this sunday's AMA will feature @Rhadamanthus!

and...

View attachment 232453

next thursday's AMA will feature praline praline !

dear god, it's a bravely default episode

provided @Rhadamanthus and praline praline are avaliable and willing over the next week, look forward to these AMAs hitting a smashboards dot com near you this summer
Oh god, I gotta remember this next Thursday.

D

Deleted member

I'm looking forward to that audio commentary too.

And I think Mr. Mime looks off because remember he was in poorly lit areas in during his film appearance.
Little bit of a 3D guy here.

It looks like an issue with the lighting. It looks rushed compared to the movie. It’s not that his model doesn’tmwork well with bright lights.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Oh god, I gotta remember this next Thursday.
it'll be stickied for a week and open for posts indefinitely, so there's no time pressure

just log in at some point during that week and you'll see the mentions from the first post of the thread

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
also i made a new mario maker level

0FX-HYP-PLG

please play it

please
There's a better thread for that.
Help me.

So an explanation is in order:

I apologize for being gone and abruptly leaving. Thank you Gentlepanda Gentlepanda and my fellow moderators for taking over AMAs.

The last two weeks have been miserable for me. I've been coping with the sudden death of a friend back home, and as I was mourning, a copyright troll flagged all my Youtube content and my channel was deleted. 7500 subs, 650,000 views, three years of work, all gone in an instant. Smashboards has been the furthest thing from my mind for awhile.

I'm not leaving, but I'm also not going to be too present for a little while. My entire focus now is rebuilding what I lost and getting my head on straight. I'd sincerely, sincerely appreciate any likes/subs/shares on the new channel from anyone who's enjoyed my work, but I don't want to use my platform here to repeatedly beg. So I'll only ask this once as a friend.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl6cqwAqxh-FEgmLBFZmt_w

The Fire Emblem video I've been working on all month was supposed to be a big happy moment. I'm proud of what I made. But... things just don't feel right right now. Hopefully I'll look back on this more fondly later on.

I'll be around if anyone needs me, but replies will be very slow. If it's a staff-related issue, I'd recommend reaching out to someone else for much faster help.
****, dude... that sounds absolutely terrible. I'm terribly sorry about your friend's death, and the YouTube issue too? That's awful. I did watch some of your content from time to time, and it's a bloody shame to see it wiped out by some random, just like that. I know first hand how difficult it is to amass numbers like that (because it has taken me ages to hit 25 subs), and watching it disappear that quickly, coupled with the death of your friend, sounds horrendous to deal with. Hope things turn out better, and I'll make sure to support your new channel as I did your last.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey staindgrey staindgrey , I been quit busy today and in general, my day wasn't great, so I know what you're feeling and I hope that tomorrow may be a better day for both of us.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
it'll be stickied for a week and open for posts indefinitely, so there's no time pressure

just log in at some point during that week and you'll see the mentions from the first post of the thread
Wait... indefinitely?

They're no longer gonna be locked after a week? Aw sweet!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The wait for DLC could always be worse, at least over here in Smash we have a general timeframe of when Banjo and Hero are supposed to drop as well as full trailers.
Back in Mortal Kombat 11 we have no idea when characters will release and Nightwolf only has 2 renders and a 8 second teaser.

That's why I only lurk on reddit and barely ever post.
****'s ****ed yo
At least NRS is doing there part to reduce development crunch time and overworking.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Hahah, yeah, that was indeed me.

Frankly, I do not know if I should feel bad about this. I’m leaning towards no.
Don't feel bad because karma is dumb and upvotes/downvotes mean nothing. Unless you're into the dopamine of satisfaction, but it's just a number on a screen.

(Upvotes aren't even proportional to the content of the post itself, as a great post on a tiny sub means nothing into terms of karma)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At least NRS is doing there part to reduce development crunch time and overworking.
I'm fine with the wait, especially if it's for the health if the devs, but I wish they would at least give us an idea of when we could expect stuff. Community interaction has been mostly non-existent ever since the changes made to the progression, which is weird because NRS has historically been pretty good at that.

Last edited by a moderator:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Is there not a compendium thread of the previous AMAs yet?

Also am I in the queue yet? Because if not, put me in coach

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
D

Deleted member

Just got cast for an Undertale dub.

I play the most important character.

Migosp.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If this is what Heaven looks like I think I'd rather go to Hell.
at the rift between heaven and hell, two wardens block the way; one tells the truth, the other lies
only you can figure out which gate leads to heaven, and which to hell

1564087496701.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uhhh found this over at the DLC Speculation thread:
So, uh... here's something I just found: remember the trailer that showed Hero as a "July" release? The trailer that had its name changed to "Summer" later?

Well, here's this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bnsT4lRehCE

It was posted about an hour ago. As we can see, it has the other two "Summer" releases that were missing: Wolfenstein and Astral Chain.

But the question remains: why two separate trailers?

EDIT: Yes, I know these are supposed to be short "ad-type" videos, and it would be hard to just shove everything together, but still... one is clearly half the size of the other. And these two are releasing farther away from the ones in the first video.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Calling it - we’ll get the 4.0 video drop tonight or tomorrow night, and Hero will drop on the 29th, next Monday

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Calling it - we’ll get the 4.0 video drop tonight or tomorrow night, and Hero will drop on the 29th, next Monday
dropping hero's video on three house's launch night is the exact level of dumb i've come to expect from nintendo's marketing team

so maybe

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So uhhh found this over at the DLC Speculation thread:
We'll find out in less than a week. I'm still sticking with what I said in the beginning though. Even if it's an official Nintendo ad, take it with a grain of salt because nothing is explicitly stated.

There's nothing wrong with lowering your expectations, and all the people who thought I was ridiculous for not jumping on board the "Switch trailer confirms July release" train are gonna have egg in their face if July 31st passes with no Hero.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm fine with the wait, especially if it's for the health if the devs, but I wish they would at least give us an idea of when we could expect stuff. Community interaction has been mostly non-existent ever since the changes made to the progression, which is weird because NRS has historically been pretty good at that.
I remember seeing somewhere that season pass holders are supposed to get him in August... here it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom