• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My guess for Hero's Classic Mode before he releases

A Fighter Draws Near!

Theme: Hero fights characters that look monstrous in a way.

Stage 1: Kirby

Stage 2: Bowser

Stage 3: Wolf

Stage 4: King K. Rool

Stage 5: Koopaling Horde Battle

Stage 6: Ridley

Boss: Rathalos. A reference to Dragon Lord, the 1st and most iconic villain of Dragon Quest.
Honestly, the Hero is a character that could have any boss at the end.

Rathalos as a stand in for Dragonlord (although it would need Robin as first phase)
Marx as Malroth
Ganon as Estark
Dracula could be Dhoulmagus/Orgodemir
Galleom could count as a Killing Machine
Giga Bowser as Bjorn(cant think of any better one)
Master and Crazy hands as Mortamor
I’m still wondering what Banjo’s classic mode will be, duos were already done.

Maybe characters with big roles on the N64?
They could use characters that reflect the levels and bosses from the BK series.

Im thinking that if no bosses are added, Galleom or Marx could be used as the pair bosses. Galleom as a stand in of the final boss in Tooie and Marx as the stand in of Kazooie since I think Marx is close to Gruntilda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I’m listening.
Okay so, omitting Chrom, Marth, and Lucina since they're already in Smash, and sorting by game...

Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem:
Caeda
Jagen
Cain
Ogma
Julian
Lena
Merric
Hardin
Jeorge
Minerva
Palla
Camus
(I'm putting Tiki in the Awakening section since I think that's the form she should use if she gets in)

Shadows of Valentia:
Celica
Alm
Tobin
Silque
Clive
Mae
Boey
Saber
Valbar
Luthier

Genealogy of the Holy War:
Azelle
Tailtiu

Thracia 776:
Orsin/Osian

Blazing Blade:
Canas
Pent
Louise

Sacred Stones:
Eirika
Tana
Innes
Gerik
Saleh
L'Arachel

Awakening:
Frederick
Virion
Sumia
Lon'qu
Cordelia
Olivia
Tiki
Owain
Laurent

Fates:
Felicia
Yukimura

And screw it, my top four I'm most interested in for Three Houses because why not:
Edelgard
Ferdinand
Hubert
Bernadetta

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, you could ignore mine...

If you don’t wanna be a Pokémon master, that is...
Don’t worry. There will be plenty of Pokémon
That's why I didn't say Steve(Minecraft), really.

I forgot to say Rabbids, but I don't know your opinion on them anyway.
You might just be surprised.
Okay so, omitting Chrom, Marth, and Lucina since they're already in Smash, and sorting by game...

Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem:
Caeda
Jagen
Cain
Ogma
Julian
Lena
Merric
Hardin
Jeorge
Minerva
Palla
Camus
(I'm putting Tiki in the Awakening section since I think that's the form she should use if she gets in)

Shadows of Valentia:
Celica
Alm
Tobin
Silque
Clive
Mae
Boey
Saber
Valbar
Luthier

Genealogy of the Holy War:
Azelle
Tailtiu

Thracia 776:
Orsin/Osian

Blazing Blade:
Canas
Pent
Louise

Sacred Stones:
Eirika
Tana
Innes
Gerik
Saleh
L'Arachel

Awakening:
Frederick
Virion
Sumia
Lon'qu
Cordelia
Olivia
Tiki
Owain
Laurent

Fates:
Felicia
Yukimura

And screw it, my top four I'm most interested in for Three Houses because why not:
Edelgard
Ferdinand
Hubert
Bernadetta
BB39EA52-4410-4430-A1B8-1C047223D98C.jpeg

That’s a lot. I will review.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So does anyone wanna indulge me in discussing ideas for a new Paper Mario game since I brought it up earlier? I’m kinda in the mood for it. If anyone doesn’t remember the ideas I brought up earlier I’d be more than willing to link them again.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Great...another thunderstorm right outside my house. I keep seeing quick flashes, and it's loud.

Honestly, the Hero is a character that could have any boss at the end.

Rathalos as a stand in for Dragonlord (although it would need Robin as first phase)
Marx as Malroth
Ganon as Estark
Dracula could be Dhoulmagus/Orgodemir
Galleom could count as a Killing Machine
Giga Bowser as Bjorn(cant think of any better one)
Master and Crazy hands as Mortamor

They could use characters that reflect the levels and bosses from the BK series.

Im thinking that if no bosses are added, Galleom or Marx could be used as the pair bosses. Galleom as a stand in of the final boss in Tooie and Marx as the stand in of Kazooie since I think Marx is close to Gruntilda.
You reminded me of how much I need to get into DQ lore. At least so I can get names down.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Found something funny.

Anyway, anything particularly interesting going on right now or nah?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So does anyone wanna indulge me in discussing ideas for a new Paper Mario game since I brought it up earlier? I’m kinda in the mood for it. If anyone doesn’t remember the ideas I brought up earlier I’d be more than willing to link them again.
Bring back the gameplay we had from the last two games is a good start.

Don't get me wrong Super Paper Mario was decent in its own right but IMO didn't compare to the last two whereas the other two after Super Paper Mario was eh...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyway, anything particularly interesting going on right now or nah?
Aside from us weighing in each Smash installment, debating Classic Modes for the DLC fighters, Snake realizing she made a huge mistake asking the thread for anything and me asking you guys to indulge me about whatever idea rotates through my brain at the time, nothing much.

Bring back the gameplay we had from the last two games is a good start.

Don't get me wrong Super Paper Mario was decent in its own right but IMO didn't compare to the last two whereas the other two after Super Paper Mario was eh...
That’s what I’m planning on doing, returning to and improving the classic formula though I do wanna potentially expand upon any interesting ideas the later games had as long as they’re able to fit. Did you see some of my ideas I shared before?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i just realized there hasnt been a new gta in a good while

hmmm

thats fascinating

D

Deleted member

i just realized there hasnt been a new gta in a good while

hmmm

thats fascinating
Why bother making a new one when V is consistently still near the top of monthly best-selling charts almost 6 years after it's initial release

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why bother making a new one when V is still near the top of best-selling charts almost 6 years after it's initial release
like its infinite fun in a sandbox but after 6 years youre starting to run out of things to do

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
All right. Just for fun. I want to put together a rediculously huge smash roster. I’ll put together a mock select screen in photoshop. I’m taking requests so let me know who you want to see join. Remember, realism is thrown out the window so request away!
Shantae
Rayman
Cuphead
Waluigi
Glover
Bonk
Amy Rose
Phoenix Wright
Morrigan
Agumon
Feraligatr

Edit: Also:
Celica
Tharja
Cordelia
Midna
Tetra

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apparently the initial roster of MUA3 is 35 characters.
Loki. RIP ANTS.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Like everyone else said, 4 out of every Smash game has pretty much become the black sheep of the franchise now.

1. Everything new in modes and mechanics that 4 has brought, Ultimate already does now and even better.

2. The Base Roster was underwhelming. While there were some good hits like Shulk, Mega Man and Pac-Man. It still wasn't that good IMO. And then you had characters that people loved that were cut like Lucas, Snake, Wolf etc. DLC did fix this a bit with bringing back some vets but Ultimate brought everyone back.

3. The fourth game in general was too focused on the current Product Placement side of Nintendo's products. It felt more advertisey compared to the other games. I mean Lucas and Wolf got low priority because they didn't have a new game out at the time. And most of the new stages were from the newest consoles. Ultimate instead balances this with bringing ballot based characters and more casual friendly characters here as well bringing everyone back. Ultimate definitely was hitting the mark of being a celebration of the series.

4. Bayonetta's and Cloud's addition pretty much broke the balance of 4. And the final overall tournament of this game pretty much sullied 4's reputation at this point.
It's quite shocking to see, given how divided the Melee loyalists vs. Brawl loyalists were in the late 2000s and early 2010s. While I don't like how competitive Brawl feels, it's definitely unique and I like the single players modes a LOT, and there's a lot of love placed into the game. Love was placed into Smash 4 as well, but it does feel like the most forgettable one in hindsight; by far. Now then...replies.

1. Totally agree. I recently tested out Mario in smash 4's training mode, and I'm like "woah...these mechanics feel weird now."

2. I think DLC was a good choice...at first. Bringing back Lucas and Roy and all was good, but toward the end of Smash 4's life they could've utilized the DLC additions better.

3. Yeah, I get ya.

4. This is the point that resonates with me the most. The competitive balance was a big step up from Brawl at first. Sakurai used balance patches, and while they definitely weren't perfect (#BUFFTHEPUFF), overall the competitive balance was not too shabby for the first half of the meta's life. But then...they didn't know how to balance Bayo and Cloud properly, and they ruled over singles and doubles respectively. It seems like they learned from their mistakes, and Ultimate is FAR more balanced. Aside from Mac and Kirby (and possibly Plant), every character seems playable. And, the top tiers don't feel as strong as they were in Smash 4. There isn't really a clear best character (Joker has the best player overall, Pika has the best theory, Peach and Snake have a lot of well-known players and huge player-bases, Wolf can counterpick against pretty much everybody, etc.) and it's really nice to see that Ultimate is in an excellent trajectory at the moment. Smash 4, on the other hand, just faltered and fell and deteriorated mid-2016. Then, when the #BayoGate happened at Frostbite 2018...it was all over.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Smash 4 was so forgettable that I don't remember how the main theme goes and neither do you.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
My ideal Paper Mario would have a lot of the platforming elements from Super but still be an RPG like the first two.

Sticker Star and Color Splash actually did a decent job of creating the type of game I envisioned. Just change the setting to something more gritty like TTYD and bring the orginal battle system back.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Smash 4 was so forgettable that I don't remember how the main theme goes and neither do you.
bmm, bom, bmm, bom, bmm, bom, doodloo dooo

doodlooo, doodlooo, doodlooo, doodloodododoodoodloodododooooo

doodlooo, doodlooo, doodlooo, doodloodododoodoodloodododooooo!

I remember it perfectly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean I remember it just fine. Meanwhile 64 is an absolute blur.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Every time I try to remember any Smash's main theme, the Melee theme just overrides them all. I can do the Brawl one if I sync it up to the reveal trailer in my head. I think my wiring is a bit off. :p

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Was bored so I browsed the comments on a song from Touhou Project.

One of them was someone quoting how someone said "ZUN stole this from Geometry Dash".

I then went back to listening to DQ music.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Found something funny.

On to another topic though, did we see similar server maintenance like last night’s prior to the Joker and Plant updates? And if we did, how long before the updates hit did the maintenance occur? It seems like we could have a valuable lead on our hands.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

On to another topic though, did we see similar server maintenance like last night’s prior to the Joker and Plant updates? And if we did, how long before the updates hit did the maintenance occur? It seems like we could have a valuable lead on our hands.
Well there was maintenance the exact time Joker released so... could be anytime between now and the end of Summer.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imo brawl’s theme is the most memorable

I mean cmon it’s the only theme with EPIC LATIN CHANTING

And thus Brawl’s Final Destination is also my favorite FD theme

D

Deleted member

Funny how Microsoft managed to turn a complete 180 on the public perception of themselves and the Xbox brand. A few years ago around the launch of the Xbone they were a laughing stock and now they're arguably one of the most well-respected publishers/studios around.
Nah, I remember it but it definitely doesn't stand out at all compared to the others.
Melee's theme is still the GOAT though

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Tomorrow for Sure.

That’s what we all say, but Sakurai knows that we are lying to ourselves.

CBD3DB36-BFB8-4BA1-92AF-FD385C81440D.jpeg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Imo brawl’s theme is the most memorable

I mean cmon it’s the only theme with EPIC LATIN CHANTING

And thus Brawl’s Final Destination is also my favorite FD theme
Ah please mama
Gimme the booze
So what's it 'sposed to mean
If I pee a tsumani?

Hurry mama
We need booze
Or we get mad
And feed cheese to the cat.

Sorry. Had post what the beginning lyrics of Brawl's Final Destination sounded like not just to me, but to others.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My ideal Paper Mario would have a lot of the platforming elements from Super but still be an RPG like the first two.

Sticker Star and Color Splash actually did a decent job of creating the type of game I envisioned. Just change the setting to something more gritty like TTYD and bring the orginal battle system back.
I basically wanna take the best elements/elements with the most potential from each Paper Mario game and expand/improve on them so long as they fit. Here’s some of the ideas I had for it:

So to start, I want to return the series to its traditional formula with some potential QOL changes but I also wanted to incorporate and better flesh out some elements from SS and CS that have potential.

The partners would return and instead I wanted to limit the number of partners to around 4 or 5 but they’d be much more fleshed out in terms of story relevance, personality, moves inside and outside battle, etc. One such partner I had in mind was a female Reznor I’ve named Rezqueen who’d have a number of abilities and attacks with her horns, fireballs, strength, etc.

The companion character(s) I have are a duo of a magic sentient sketchbook and pencil (who communicate through written dialogue) that potentially belong to the main villain and get separated within the story, Mario has one, Peach has the other. It’s here where I’m thinking about turning this into a story where Peach gets her own side with her own gameplay, battles, partners, etc. (Two of Peach’s partners would be a Toad retainer and Daisy)

A potential villain I have in mind is an artistic sorcerer/sorceress who becomes interested in Bowser and his forces and decides to make him their muse. The sketchbook and pencil see their user becoming obsessed and making dangerous creations and decide to try and stop him/her.
Some other stuff I forgot to mention is that the classic badges would be back but visually resemble the stickers or cards that the characters would have placed in their dedicated pages in the sketchbook so it’s more visually changed than anything.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean I remember it just fine. Meanwhile 64 is an absolute blur.
64, for me can never be a blur because it was literally one of the first games I ever played.

Hell, I remember fondly the first time playing the game as a 5 year old. It was in the Fall of 2000 and I was eating Pizza in my living room watching my siblings play. DK was my main during those days (64 & Melee) and I thought I was the best player in the world beating Lvl 1 CPU's. :bluejump:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Funny how Microsoft managed to turn a complete 180 on the public perception of themselves and the Xbox brand. A few years ago around the launch of the Xbone they were a laughing stock and now they're arguably one of the most well-respected publishers/studios around.

Nah, I remember it but it definitely doesn't stand out at all compared to the others.
Melee's theme is still the GOAT though
I don’t remember it. I remember Brawls, 4’s and Ultimate’s. But Melee and 64. Nope. I’ve listened to them. Just don’t remember them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom