• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Like everyone else said, 4 out of every Smash game has pretty much become the black sheep of the franchise now.

1. Everything new in modes and mechanics that 4 has brought, Ultimate already does now and even better.

2. The Base Roster was underwhelming. While there were some good hits like Shulk, Mega Man and Pac-Man. It still wasn't that good IMO. And then you had characters that people loved that were cut like Lucas, Snake, Wolf etc. DLC did fix this a bit with bringing back some vets but Ultimate brought everyone back.

3. The fourth game in general was too focused on the current Product Placement side of Nintendo's products. It felt more advertisey compared to the other games. I mean Lucas and Wolf got low priority because they didn't have a new game out at the time. And most of the new stages were from the newest consoles. Ultimate instead balances this with bringing ballot based characters and more casual friendly characters here as well bringing everyone back. Ultimate definitely was hitting the mark of being a celebration of the series.

4. Bayonetta's and Cloud's addition pretty much broke the balance of 4. And the final overall tournament of this game pretty much sullied 4's reputation at this point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ultimate instead balances this with bringing ballot based characters and more casual friendly characters here as well bringing everyone back.
the only "casual friendly" newcomer was :ultisabelle:. you're telling me :ultincineroar: somehow isn't an ad for USUM at all?

i guess ken maybe counts? maybe? does grandma know ken?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To clear up a few things.

1. The 4chan post about Alois and Gilbert is 100% fake, like it's not even a question. They wouldn't bait and switch an S Support when you only get one and can't back out of it once you've made it lol.

2. The reviewer in question just liked Fates (minus Revelation) is all. Meanwhile the Engadget review praised Three Houses's story and thanibomb compared it favorably to Genealogy, giving Genealogy a 10/10, Three Houses a 9/10, and Fates a 2/10 as far as story. Odds are it's not gonna be another Fates, guys.

Shroob

Sup?
Seriously though, the cat is out of the bag by this point. Who do they think they're fooling?

The other 3 games in that trailer all either release or update this month, and if it was just their blanket "summer" ad, where's **** like Astral chain?

Hero is coming very soon, next week if I had to bet.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also the reviewer confirmed male dancers can be a thing, but Byleth themselves can't be (which makes sense).

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
My guess for Hero's Classic Mode before he releases

A Fighter Draws Near!

Theme: Hero fights characters that look monstrous in a way.

Stage 1: Kirby

Stage 2: Bowser

Stage 3: Wolf

Stage 4: King K. Rool

Stage 5: Koopaling Horde Battle

Stage 6: Ridley

Boss: Rathalos. A reference to Dragon Lord, the 1st and most iconic villain of Dragon Quest.

Noipoi

Howdy!

A Fighter Draws Near!

Boss: Rathalos. A reference to Dragon Lord, the 1st and most iconic villain of Dragon Quest.
I’m still wondering what Banjo’s classic mode will be, duos were already done.

Maybe characters with big roles on the N64?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The other 3 games in that trailer all either release or update this month, and if it was just their blanket "summer" ad, where's **** like Astral chain?
its like daemon x machina

they promote it and then they forget it exists

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Here’s how I imagine that idea:
Banjo-Kazooie: Change the System!
Theme: Going through the legacy of the Nintendo 64

Stage 1: :ultmario:, :ultpeach: & :ultbowser: on Princess Peach’s Castle
Stage 2: :ultfox:, :ultfalco: & :ultwolf: on Venom
Stage 3: :ultyoshi: on Yoshi’s Story
Stage 4: :ultfalcon: on Big Blue
Stage 5: :ultpikachu:, :ultmewtwo: & :ultpokemontrainer: on Pokémon Stadium
Stage 6: :ultdk:, :ultdiddy: & :ultkrool: on Jungle Japes

Boss: Beast Ganon

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man I used to not care about Luigi’s Mansion but now I can’t wait for Halloween

So this is the power...of Nintendo marketing?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I didn’t mind the whole, “Here’s an answer that I want to fight for!” rather than siding with either family that Revelations brought in Fates. I think Fates suffered from more than the “unrealistic nature” of Revelations.

With Three Houses, I think that having a storyline in which the three separate houses join forces would work if it’s done well. I kind of expecting it to happen, mainly with the fact that the house leaders are so likable at this point.

I also think the theme of characters/people coming together for the greater good despite their beliefs is cool, but it absolutely needs to be done well. It can’t just be that characters who have deep hatred against each other suddenly team up. It needs to be given time to develop. Let’s hope Three Houses does that!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All right. Just for fun. I want to put together a rediculously huge smash roster. I’ll put together a mock select screen in photoshop. I’m taking requests so let me know who you want to see join. Remember, realism is thrown out the window so request away!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All right. Just for fun. I want to put together a rediculously huge smash roster. I’ll put together a mock select screen in photoshop. I’m taking requests so let me know who you want to see join. Remember, realism is thrown out the window so request away!
Time for me to bust out that favorite Fire Emblem character list.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I didn’t mind the whole, “Here’s an answer that I want to fight for!” rather than siding with either family that Revelations brought in Fates. I think Fates suffered from more than the “unrealistic nature” of Revelations.

With Three Houses, I think that having a storyline in which the three separate houses join forces would work if it’s done well. I kind of expecting it to happen, mainly with the fact that the house leaders are so likable at this point.

I also think the theme of characters/people coming together for the greater good despite their beliefs is cool, but it absolutely needs to be done well. It can’t just be that characters who have deep hatred against each other suddenly team up. It needs to be given time to develop. Let’s hope Three Houses does that!
I think the main complaint that people have about these "Golden Routes" is that it feels like they invalidate the initial choice or make the other routes feel non canon. Especially in Fates it makes choosing anything else feel like the "wrong" decision. Personally, I don't particularly mind it, but I would rather they avoid that sort of situation.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Electrode
Digglet
Nidoran
Mankey
Venusaur
Ratatta
Fearow
Pidgey
Seaking
Jolteon
Dragonite
Gastly
Ponyta
Vaporeon
Poliwrath
Butterfree

Should I continue?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

A Fighter Draws Near!

You can also use Dracula since he has a Human and a Dragon form. Dracula's Dragon form is also a bit closer to Dragonlord's design.

Tingle, Brian(Quest 64), Isaac(Golden Sun), all veterans(if that wasn't already already your plan), Shadow(Sonic The Hedgehog), Agumon(Digimon).

There's tons, but those all are ones I'd love to see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Siiva has been on a roll today with actual high quality remixes that aren't memey today:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Chill Penguin, Maxwell Scribblenauts, Peridot Steven Universe, and Smashboards itself.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Elma, KOS-MOS, Mecha-Fiora, Black Shadow, Neku Sakuraba, Kasumi Yoshizawa, Octoling

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
brian david gilbert
Who dat

Yeah, I can see it consisting of characters who were major stars on the N64
  • Mario, Peach, and Bowser (Super Mario 64)
  • Link, Young Link, Sheik, Zelda, and Ganondorf (Ocarina of Time)
  • Fox, Falco, and Wolf (Star Fox 64)
  • Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu, Pichu and Mewtwo (Pokemon Stadium games)
  • Kirby, Yoshi, and Captain Falcon (Various games)
  • Banjo, DK, Diddy, and K Rool (All the Rare characters)
  • Master Hand (Fight is set to the N64 Final Destination music)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Shantae, Rayman, Cynthia (Pokémon), Fawful, Nightmare (Soulcalibur), Ryu Hayabusa, Terry Bogard, Dixie Kong, Mona (WarioWare), Rex and Pyra/Mythra, Anna (Fire Emblem), Bald Bull, Ganon (Pig), The Cheetahmen, etc.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lloyd Irving
Velvet Crowe
Reimu Hakurei
Ryu Hayabusa
Crono
Riesz(Trials of Mana)
Skull Kid
King Boo
Bandana Dee
Rex & Pyra
Pokry Minch
Kumatora

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, this change of work schedule this week has made my sleeping schedule out of whack.

Thankfully my work schedule is back to normal so hopefully things will get fixed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Electrode
Digglet
Nidoran
Mankey
Venusaur
Ratatta
Fearow
Pidgey
Seaking
Jolteon
Dragonite
Gastly
Ponyta
Vaporeon
Poliwrath
Butterfree

Should I continue?
You can also use Dracula since he has a Human and a Dragon form. Dracula's Dragon form is also a bit closer to Dragonlord's design.

Tingle, Brian(Quest 64), Isaac(Golden Sun), all veterans(if that wasn't already already your plan), Shadow(Sonic The Hedgehog), Agumon(Digimon).

There's tons, but those all are ones I'd love to see.
Chill Penguin, Maxwell Scribblenauts, Peridot Steven Universe, and Smashboards itself.
Elma, KOS-MOS, Mecha-Fiora, Black Shadow, Neku Sakuraba, Kasumi Yoshizawa, Octoling
Shantae, Rayman, Cynthia (Pokémon), Fawful, Nightmare (Soulcalibur), Ryu Hayabusa, Terry Bogard, Dixie Kong, Mona (WarioWare), Rex and Pyra/Mythra, Anna (Fire Emblem), Bald Bull, Ganon (Pig), The Cheetahmen, etc.
Lloyd Irving
Velvet Crowe
Reimu Hakurei
Ryu Hayabusa
Crono
Riesz(Trials of Mana)
Skull Kid
King Boo
Bandana Dee
Rex & Pyra
Pokry Minch
Kumatora
Noted.

It should be said that I do reserve the right to ignore some suggestions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom