• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just fought a Luigi on Elite Smash called Elegant.

Considering I'm sleep deprived and put up a real fight despite that I'm suspicious it may have been a poser and not the real Elegant. He killed me early on my last stock but aside from that he wasn't giving me too much issue. But his GSP was really high so now I'm wondering if he was having an off day or something.

I checked and he's streaming right now, but I don't know if there's a way to go back and see if he fought me.
You can click on their "Video" tab while they're streaming and it'll show you all of the current stream's last progress. I recommend doing that if you're curious.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I find it very interesting that Hero and Banjo got CGI trailers.

Plant, Joker (sort of), and Smash 4’s DLC didn’t have them, so I find a bit odd that they still did them for these characters.

Not sure if this will apply for the other two.
Plant’s a weirdo

Joker’s trailer was arguably more thematically appropriate, and it was meant to be a fake out.

Either this was a special thing for E3, or we’re getting cgi trailers from here on out.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Already been addressed by Panda:
So why have it be like that in the main menu too? He could have easily designed the menu so that one extra blank wouldn’t be there. Or fill it up with SOMETHING. Sakurai’s a good game designer. One blank empty space on a select screen just looks amateurish. No matter what the reason.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So according to someone on the Newcomer Speculation thread. He/she says insiders are digging into leaks and saying that Sylux and Edelgard are the next and final characters?

What do you guys think and if so how would you be if this were true?

D

Deleted member

Noipoi Noipoi was rooting for Incineroar, we got Incineroar.
Then Noipoi was rooting for Banjo-Kazooie right afterwards, we got Banjo-Kazooie.
This game is for Noipoi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So why have it be like that in the main menu too? He could have easily designed the menu so that one extra blank wouldn’t be there. Or fill it up with SOMETHING. Sakurai’s a good game designer. One blank empty space on a select screen just looks amateurish. No matter what the reason.
sakurai would never permit such horrid UI design

1560293386393.png

1560293402403.png

Shroob

Sup?
So according to someone on the Newcomer Speculation thread. He/she says insiders are digging into leaks and saying that Sylux and Edelgard are the next and final characters?

Ya that's a no from me, chief.

That screams of early "Nintendo picked the characters" speculation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok. So. Now that we know about :ulthero: and :ultbanjo&kazooie: and their release windows, what does this mean for speculation?

I’m convinced that this means no characters from any first party game Nintendo is releasing till winter. Sword and Sheild MIGHT still be on the table depending on how late into fall Banjo releases. But Fire Emblem, Daemon X Machina, and Astral Chain are definitely off the table. I’m also thinking that this confirms the common belief in an all third-party/all new franchises DLC lineup. My faith is still in Crash and a Dark Souls Character, but Travis Touchdowm looks pretty possible too. Just saying. He’s been a consistent request since Brawl. He’s certainly nowhere near as highly requested as Banjo or Ridley, but is certainly possible.
Honestly I wouldn't be so quick to take Three Houses off the table. Fates released in July of 2015 in Japan, was revealed in December 2015 for Smash 4, and was released in February 2016.

Three Houses comes out in July, we'll likely get A character revealed around December, and February is the release deadline.

The timeline for Corrin's release and the hypothetical timeline for, say, Edelgard's release actually match up perfectly. Three Houses is in no way off the table. Especially when you consider that by releasing a Three Houses character a bit later, you avoid spoiling the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai has been playing the long game this whole time!

First he needed to add Diddy Kong,

Then he needed to bring back K.Rool and make his trailer set the stage for banjo.

Only then could he truly set the hype levels for Bnajo right!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Disappointed as hell that Bayo 3 and SMTV were no-shows again.

However, a direct sequel to my favorite Zelda game being announced makes up for it a bit.

Three Houses looks better and better the more they show of it. But I'll keep my hopes for the story in check. While I enjoyed Fates for what it is, the hype around choosing two different kingdoms, and so much talk of how great the writer for the games was, got my expectations way out of proportion compared to what we ended up getting.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
...Are there any Steve fans legit down over this? Like, we fought well, people take us seriously now, and we all knew the Bird and Bear would get in somehow. I know our main goal was to get into Smash, but look how far we came.

And besides, it's not over yet. Even a Mii costume could be good, as at least he isn't completely in the dark.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I wouldn't be so quick to take Three Houses off the table. Fates released in July of 2015 in Japan, was revealed in December 2015 for Smash 4, and was released in February 2016.

Three Houses comes out in July, we'll likely get A character revealed around December, and February is the release deadline.

The timeline for Corrin's release and the hypothetical timeline for, say, Edelgard's release actually match up perfectly. Three Houses is in no way off the table. Especially when you consider that by releasing a Three Houses character a bit later, you avoid spoiling the game.
This is never gonna stop until the dlc is over is it. Whatever. I guess.

Plus. Fates still wasn’t out in the states. And Sakurai said he picked Corrin because he wanted a rep from an UPCOMING game.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
sakurai would never permit such horrid UI design

View attachment 227516

View attachment 227517
I know right?
maxresdefault.jpg

Best not to assume anything outside the Fighters Pass at this point.

It could happen, but there's absolutely no reason to expect an additional stage beyond the 5 we're already getting.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It was the real Elegant!

I'm a bit embarrassed to show this since there was a lot of things I feel I did badly, but ya know what, going to the last stock against the word's best Luigi ain't bad.

Really disappointed he didn't go for a rematch with me.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Honestly don't feel like they're actually moping. More or less, they're actually okay with this.

Haven't seen any legitimate moping.
Steve supporter here so I can confirm this sentiment.
I don't really care about Banjo but I'm fine with this conclusion. Maybe it's better this way anyways. Now that Banjo got in this means the majority of Steve's hater base is now gone or at the very least it became much smaller. This means that Steve's inclusion in the future will be less controversial to the Smash community. I fully believe that Minecraft deserves a spot in Smash, and when it happens I want to see it's inclusion celebrated with cheers rather than anger and salt.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

You're forgetting that Fates hadn't released in the West yet. Sakurai said in a famitsu column that since it hadn't come west yet, but had already been in Japan for awhile, that it was the perfect time to promote the game with a character. There would have to be a different logic in play if we were to get a three houses character after fall.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, Bandai Namco deserves a second character at this point

Well before Capcom or Konami gets a fourth

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

No thanks. Too predictable, no second Xenoblade rep, no second Bandai Namco rep

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now if we got Sylux and Elma. I'd be game IMO. I'm probably the only one here who'd welcome Sylux.

Both would just be icing on cake at this point.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I want a Silent Hill character. (Doesn’t have to be Pyramid Head)

And I hope Konami’s announcement tonight is a remaster of the old games.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Steve supporter here so I can confirm this sentiment.
I don't really care about Banjo but I'm fine with this conclusion. Maybe it's better this way anyways. Now that Banjo got in this means the majority of Steve's hater base is now gone or at the very least it became much smaller. This means that Steve's inclusion in the future will be less controversial to the Smash community. I fully believe that Minecraft deserves a spot in Smash, and when it happens I want to see it's inclusion celebrated with cheers rather than anger and salt.
Pretty much this, it's just that some Banjo fans are making a (Spiral) mountain out of...

Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom