• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Honestly the biggest surprise is Mario Aces still getting character DLC and not Mario Kart.

I feel like Mario Kart still sold more even though the Switch version is a port.
Yeah I kind of feel like Mario Kart and Mario Party should have been the ones that got DLC.

I guess Camelot is not doing anything else, so they can afford to give extended development to the game, while the mario Kart/party developers probably have moved on to other projects.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I need to get this out of my system:

(BE A MOOOON!)
Must be swift as a Karpsing river :129:
(BE A MOOOON!)
With all the force of a great Typhloon :157:
(BE A MOOOON!)
With all the strength of a raging Pyroar

Mysterious as,
the dark side of,
THE LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Why hello there.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Are we gonna get Shoe Goomba as a Smash fighter?

edit: y'know, as a trade. We got a Piranha Plant, they got a Fire Piranha Plant. Super Mario Party got a Goomba, we get a Shoe Goomba.

Please, I want a Goomba in Smash.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bro what?

We getting Boomerang Bros next or something?
Honestly I hope playable potted Piranha Plants become a recurring thing in Mario spin-offs now. Smash definitely endeared me to the idea.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Mario Kart will have a Putrid Piranha Plant and the next Mario Party will have either an Ice one or the Bone one.

Calling it now. Forget Spike, Shy Guy, and Dry Bones. We've now got the most relevant and iconic Mario enemy in our presence. The red carpet is practically rolled out at this point. Waluigi? Who's that?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad to know that people STILL get salty after seeing a Piranha Plant get added to a roster.
I'm more surprised it's a Fire off-shoot. Normally only the Baseball games go that far reaching for mooks.

Did they already have the default one in this game too?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm pretty sure Nipper plants are an entirely different species, Nippers have eyes while Piranha plants don't.
It could always just be something they have until their other senses develop.

Like how tadpoles have tails until they become frogs.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Instead of random characters like Nabbit and different colors of Toad, we'll get Piranha Plant as one of the characters in the next multiplayer 2D Mario. Hell, Odyssey 2 if that ever happens may just have potted Piranha Plants you could play as when you possess them. How fun would that be?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure Nipper plants are an entirely different species, Nippers have eyes while Piranha plants don't.
The wiki says they're also known as baby Piranha Plants among other names, and the ones in Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island don't have eyes.

There's also a Nipper Plant spirit in Ultimate that can advance to Petey Piranha.

Last edited:

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Aren't Baby Piranha Plants just Nipper Plants?
From the Mario Wiki:
"Nipper Plants, also known as Walking Piranhas (Nintendo Power), White Piranhas (also Nintendo Power),and Baby Piranha Plants (Game & Watch Gallery 3 ), are small Piranha Plants (Super Princess Peach)."
So yeah, pretty much.

Also here's a Nipper Plant in the Super Mario Bros Show

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
From the Mario Wiki:
"Nipper Plants, also known as Walking Piranhas (Nintendo Power), White Piranhas (also Nintendo Power),and Baby Piranha Plants (Game & Watch Gallery 3 ), are small Piranha Plants (Super Princess Peach)."
So yeah, pretty much.

Also here's a Nipper Plant in the Super Mario Bros Show
Where'd you get an image of Cla.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Okay everyone. I'm starting up AMAs again today. Next up is @Scoliosis Jones then @Noipoi later this week, as long as they're both still interested.

Here's the current list of everyone who'd originally signed up and has not had an AMA yet. If you would like to be taken off the list or if you don't see yourself here and would like to be added, please let me know.

Sorry for the mass tagging.
Mind adding me to the list if you may? Thanks.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am going to give some long thoughts on Persona 5 tomorrow. It is mostly going to be focusing on story and character rather than gameplay. I was going to do Smash speculation stuff earlier, but then I got invested in finishing P5 the past week so I apologize.

FUTABA!!!
I dated her. Only cause I relate to her struggles the most. I said I would be dating Makoto, but I did the obvious empathetic choice instead.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
We've had a freaking Wiggler, the Honey Queen, ROB himself, and Bowser's thicc *** on a small *** bike.

I don't see how that would be any issue.
Only Bowser’s been on a bike and I can guarantee ROB wouldn’t fit seeing how he’s built.

I don’t want to say it’s impossible, I don’t know what it is but I’m having trouble visualizing it myself.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Pokemon Sleep?
∧_∧   
( ・ω・)   
_| ⊃/(___
/└-(____. /
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

I sleep.
<⌒/ヽ-、___
/<_/____/
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For Piranha Plant to be a driver, he would require large kart (so his obnoxious weight in Smash carries on), his pot would have to be shorter (to avoid clipping the wheel) and his leaf arms would require to be a bit longer (to steer the wheel).

That's not hard to imagine at all.

Edit: For a bike, it's pretty much the same deal.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For Piranha Plant to be a driver, he would require large kart (so his obnoxious weight in Smash carries on), his pot would have to be shorter (to avoid clipping the wheel) and his leaf arms would require to be a bit longer (to steer the wheel).

That's not hard to imagine at all.

Edit: For a bike, it's pretty much the same deal.
Plus, honestly, if they could do R.O.B., they could do Piranha Plant.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , you DID say free, so i gave you free art. "Free" is the maximum this is worth. Emphasis on "Free" once more, because you never specified the quality of the drawing :-J

20190529_221533.jpg

C'mon, it's a joke, it's funny. I'm going to need more time to give a more quality drawing. And probably some money too. That alone will cost you $25 SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 . Looking cool Joker!

Edit: Yes, I just grabbed one of my index cards and a pencil, and just drew a stick figure holding a box. That was the goal from the very beginning, hehehe.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , you DID say free, so i gave you free art. "Free" is the maximum this is worth. Emphasis on "Free" once more, because you never specified the quality of the drawing :-J

View attachment 225060

C'mon, it's a joke, it's funny. I'm going to need more time to give a more quality drawing. And probably some money too. That alone will cost you $25 SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 . Looking cool Joker!

Edit: Yes, I just grabbed one of my index cards and a pencil, and just drew a stick figure holding a box. That was the goal from the very beginning, hehehe.
Ha ha. Thanks for the joke at least.

I hate being poor.

trying not to be hurt

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 225060

Guess i’m gonna have to do it myself. And it’s gonna suck. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom