• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. The Olympics don’t just have 2 countries. So why is it just “Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games” and not “Nintendo, SEGA, Capcom, Namco, Konami, Square, Activision, Ubisoft, and Bethesda”. Because it would be a licensing nightmare.

It would still rock though. Doomguy would rock at shooting skeet and ribbon dancing.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Anyone think that Nintendo Unity is becoming kinda stale regarding those "Who Can X" videos?
dude i hate seeing those in my feed

it's like when Master0fHyrule or whatever his name was wouldn't stop with the EPIC WACKY PROJECT M FINAL SMASHES!!! and it's just the same damn video from like 3 years ago

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
dude i hate seeing those in my feed

it's like when Master0fHyrule or whatever his name was wouldn't stop with the EPIC WACKY PROJECT M FINAL SMASHES!!! and it's just the same damn video from like 3 years ago
Smash Bros Ultimate: Who can jump over the default dancing Thanos?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Smash Bros Ultimate: Who can jump over the default dancing Thanos?
God, Fortnite is an actual possibility for Smash DLC. What has the world come too.

Although honestly, if we do get multiple fighter passes, I think that a Fortnite character could at least be interesting. Just not when the slots are so limited.

Also, thanks to that user from earlier for awakening me to the potential of the Yarnys. I actually think that could be a cool character. Even if it means giving money to EA.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Would we just drop the Olympics and get a proper crossover adventure game between :ultmario: & :ultsonic:? Or better yet a four-way crossover adventure game with them joined by :ultmegaman: & :ultpacman:?
I mean. You know I want that. But I think the Olympics has a certain novelty to it.

When I was younger I came up with a crossover game idea based on Nicktoons Unite starring Mario, Sonic, Crash, and Legends Spyro. I knew nothing about anything back then. But I thought it would be a fun game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok. The Olympics don’t just have 2 countries. So why is it just “Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games” and not “Nintendo, SEGA, Capcom, Namco, Konami, Square, Activision, Ubisoft, and Bethesda”. Because it would be a licensing nightmare.

It would still rock though. Doomguy would rock at shooting skeet and ribbon dancing.
Sonic and Mario are both super popular, cartoony platforming mascot series with a large supporting cast. Try to turn it into a company-based crossover and you'll have a series that doesn't work that well.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What game is this? I keep seeing mods like this and it makes me seriously want to pick it up.
Looks like one of the Tony Hawk Games judging from the score font that appears...

Source: I own Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sonic and Mario are both super popular, cartoony platforming mascot series with a large supporting cast. Try to turn it into a company-based crossover and you'll have a series that doesn't work that well.
Okay then. How about we still expand the cast by making it... Mario, Sonic, and CRASH at the Olympic Games!

I just really feel like there should be more than just two teams.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay then. How about we still expand the cast by making it... Mario, Sonic, and CRASH at the Olympic Games!
It'd kinda weird imo. Crash is not as popular as those two and character designs aren't as colorful or unique.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean. You know I want that. But I think the Olympics has a certain novelty to it.

When I was younger I came up with a crossover game idea based on Nicktoons Unite starring Mario, Sonic, Crash, and Legends Spyro. I knew nothing about anything back then. But I thought it would be a fun game.
Fine, we’ll keep the Olympics as long as it’s possible for me to get my crossover game between those four. I have been trying to legitimately think of ideas for how that game would work.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would we just drop the Olympics and get a proper crossover adventure game between :ultmario: & :ultsonic:? Or better yet a four-way crossover adventure game with them joined by :ultmegaman: & :ultpacman:?
A big platformer crossover with a bunch of :ultmario::ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultsamus::ultkirby:&/or:ultsonic: characters would be pretty sick. Though a bit hard to do without some compromise to make the mechanics work.

Mario levels aren't designed like Sonic ones for example, but I think the other can transition well enough. And Kirby could break the game if he isn't limited in jumps like 64.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A big platformer crossover with a bunch of :ultmario::ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultsamus::ultkirby:&/or:ultsonic: characters would be pretty sick. Though a bit hard to do without some compromise to make the mechanics work.

Mario levels aren't designed like Sonic ones for example, but I think the other can transition well enough. And Kirby could break the game if he isn't limited in jumps like 64.
I’m a little iffy on that idea myself mainly cause I think there’d be way too much clashing of elements.

That’s kinda why I’m narrowing down to just those four and I’m thinking about how to go about gameplay. Maybe it could be divided into sections of different gameplay like in Forces/Rise of Lyric except better handled?

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
User was warned for this post
That’s fair.

To be fair, I don’t suck that bad. I just... look at some of the drawings i’ve Posted and you can get an idea of my shortcomings.
Don't get the idea that stick figures were my best, it was all for the irony. I can do better in more than 3 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It'd kinda weird imo. Crash is not as popular as those two and character designs aren't as colorful or unique.
I...don't agree with your second point at all, really. Between Crash, Coco, Cortex, Aku-Aku, Uka-Uka, N. Gin, N. Brio, N. Tropy, Tawna, Crunch, Dingodile, Ripper Roo, Tiny, Pura, Pinstripe, and any other more minor character they'd want to add, there are a lot of varied designs in Crash.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What game is this? I keep seeing mods like this and it makes me seriously want to pick it up.
I found something about it but the link to the mod doesn't work:

"adorenu
(user)

The mod is THUG PRO for Underground 2. The Adeleine mod is made by me but I haven't released it yet.
UPDATE: The mod is now released. Instructions are in the README.
"

It was on reddit

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m a little iffy on that idea myself mainly cause I think there’d be way too much clashing of elements.

That’s kinda why I’m narrowing down to just those four and I’m thinking about how to go about gameplay. Maybe it could be divided into sections of different gameplay like in Forces/Rise of Lyric except better handled?
Looking at Mario Crossover, I think most of those guys CAN work, but Kirby and Sonic would need re-adjusting.

To handle power-ups though, I think each character should just have a set of moves they can use all the time. A bit of compromise, while still focusing on the platforming. Maybe each world is based on a different series(:ultmario::ultmegaman::ultsamus::ultsimon::ultdk:) and sub-series(like Yoshi or MMX).

Of course there's other franchises like Ghosts 'N Goblins and Strider to consider if we get Capcom involved.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, few days left to bust my ass and get the Glaxion Vandal in Warframe... Christ I hate those Demolyst Moas and their obnoxious health regen... then again, I haven't tested Sleep Arrow + Covert Lethality on them yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom