• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The beginning of Noi's AMA:

This AMA's subject is one of Smashboards' prominent artists, responsible for the Social's anime posters and always giving a "howdy!" to people who need it: Noipoi.

The beginning of my AMA:

Welcome back everyone, to this edition of AMA. The subject of scrutiny this week is NateVO. As always, when asking questions, please keep it civil. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Nate has answered, then you may ask more. All site rules are in effect. Have fun!!

I demand a special introduction! I demand it! /s
noipoi privilege must come to an end

no longer will we suffer oppressed in this noipatriarchy

Noipoi

Howdy!
or i could always try :ultsnake: again

snake is really fun to play but for some reason i just ****ing suck with him. i know the techs and the strats but im just doing something wrong i guess
Maybe try Olimar again, see if he clicks?

noipoi privilege must come to an end

no longer will we suffer oppressed in this noipatriarchy
What's that?

I can't hear you over my Noipoi privilege.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, I'm sure it is. You're just making it harder on yourself.

Even on normal difficulty it's a healthy challenge.

I'd like to sometime.

But I'm at work. And my time is limited this week in general.
Sounds good. I"m less into challemge and more, "I dislike the pair up and modern support system." Been meaning to this for a while.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sounds good. I"m less into challemge and more, "I dislike the pair up and modern support system." Been meaning to this for a while.
Birthright would be easier, but I think Conquest is the better game.

The problem is progression is built around taking advantage of the pair up system (have them stand next to one another for dual attack, or paired for extra defense) and supports add to your units' stats when paired with one another. The difficulty is constructed with you doing this in mind. So if you're not playing on easy mode, you're going to have to do a lot of optional grinding, I think.

Plus, you can do supports and stop them short of getting romantic, if the children/waifu thing is what you want to avoid. Don't select their "S" support and you'll never have it happen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly the biggest surprise is Mario Aces still getting character DLC and not Mario Kart.

I feel like Mario Kart still sold more even though the Switch version is a port.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
man people still torturing themselves by playing fe fates out here?

untitled.png

it's a sad world we live in

D

Deleted member

Birthright would be easier, but I think Conquest is the better game.

The problem is progression is built around taking advantage of the pair up system (have them stand next to one another for dual attack, or paired for extra defense) and supports add to your units' stats when paired with one another. The difficulty is constructed with you doing this in mind. So if you're not playing on easy mode, you're going to have to do a lot of optional grinding, I think.

Plus, you can do supports and stop them short of getting romantic, if the children/waifu thing is what you want to avoid. Don't select their "S" support and you'll never have it happen.
Oh yeah. I'm fine putting them next to each other, but the bonus support stats from combining two units are too much for me. Maybe supports will be good in Fates if I avoid that pair up feature though. Issue with Awakening supports is that they're busted even if you put them next to each other because of the greater odds of support attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i've also been tyring out some :ultwario: stuff because once you get to know how he works he's actually super fun

i just suck at some quick stuff like d-tilt --> dash.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
It's the year of Piranha Plant holy ****

Animal Crossing that low

Piranha Plant slide that high

View attachment 225046
Dude Piranha Plant Slide is just fuuuuuuun. Animal Crossing? Solid eh, never got into the series and of course there's bias because it's a personal tier list.

However, show me the person who doesn't enjoy Cloudtop Cruise and Mt. Wario, I beg you.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Personally I would exchange Shy Guy Falls and Music Park.

I like the look of music park, but I just have terrible luck on that stage.
I mean, they are pretty close. I always seem to do well on Music Park and Tick Tock Clock, and I can't understand why those are my fastest tracks.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Regular Plant was to busy in Smash, so they had to grab his brother instead.

Also, their models are nearly identical, it scares me.
His logo also resembles PP's stock icon for that matter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
okay but when does the tennis racquet become its own character in mario tennis

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Okay friends, it seems that my last tier list was pretty uncontroversial for the most part. That is NO GOOD. We need to create a nice, stress-less dispute, where we respect each others opinions but can never agree with them. I present Exhibit B: my next screencapped tier list.

okayDiscussa.png

Prove me wrong.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh, btw, this is the second time where a generic Piranha Plant (so Petey doesn't count) is a playable character. Captures don't count since you're still technically Mario.

The first was Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay friends, it seems that my last tier list was pretty uncontroversial for the most part. That is NO GOOD. We need to create a nice, stress-less dispute, where we respect each others opinions but can never agree with them. I present Exhibit B: my next screencapped tier list.

View attachment 225049

Prove me wrong.
counterpoint: where's eevee :smirk:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

View attachment 225049

Prove me wrong.
Y'know i gotta say, I've never liked Sceptile's design all that much due to those weird yellow balls on his back

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I can't decide if fire piranha plant is the cooler piranha plant or the offbrand piranha plant

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
guys

is there gonna be a piranha plant game at E3?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

View attachment 225049

Prove me wrong.
Having Infernape that low is wrong, that's for sure.

I'd argue the whole Hoenn trio is top tier. Personally I'd put all of Kanto's in at least A. Gen 6 barring Greninja being at the bottom makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom