• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Reminder that Psylocke almost made it into MVC3 but was cut at the last minute because they thought she was too unpopular. We were THIS close to having Strider v psylocke in 3d.
Cloak and Dagger were gonna be in too. Specifically, they'd fight like a JoJo character.
Doc Ock was also considered.
Blade got cut.
Mega Man almost made it back.
Gene from God Hand almost made it in.

MVCI adds MMX and Ultron. Then cuts the X-Men and makes Black Panther, Venom and Sigma DLC.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If anybody wants to play Smash tonight, let me know and i’ll set up an arena.

Watching Yeet Smash today made me want to look for some locals...but i’m not sure where they would be in Western New York. :cry:

Then again, I might just think i’m good and then just get completely crushinated.
Have you considered Xeno? I'll just link to a past one, which should have details on where to find it and enter.

https://smash.gg/tournament/xeno161/details

They usually have it every Wednesday, but is this outside of Western NY?

Oh **** we getting existential now? In that case ever think about how most of the atoms in your body are billions of years old and that some of them may have even been part of a completely different person before moving onto you?
Actually maybe don't think about it it's kind of a lot to take in sometimes.
I just tend to think of how we all just happen to live in an endless dream that can't be escaped. Or just the paradox of reality versus imagination, but I'm not sure if that explains the amount of déjà vu I've experienced recently.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do you guys think an Injustice 3 could be revealed at E3 this year? Otherwise I'd imagine maybe the VGA.
No.

MK11 hasn't even been out for 1 year yet. Most NRS games tend to be around for a year and a half at least. And it seems like they want to work on a new IP as well. We might see Injustice 3 next. But it'll be in 2021 or something.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys think an Injustice 3 could be revealed at E3 this year? Otherwise I'd imagine maybe the VGA.
Nope, MK11 just came out and NRS games usually have a lifecycle of 1 1/2 to 2 years, and we don't even know if they want to make another Injustice anyway.
if these atoms belonged to someone who liked pineapple pizza I don't want em
Worse, there is a non-zero chance that someone here is, at least on the atomic scale, part Hitler
Better hope it's not you:4diddy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think the most fitting character from Marvel that'd fit perfectly for Mortal Kombat is Punisher. Just the brutality from the guy alone shows why he fits honestly.

But if there's any guest characters I'd love to see in Mortal Kombat the most. It'd be Pennywise (It) and Guts from Berserk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

then my atoms previously belonged to the Juggernaut

Hell yeah my brother!

I think the most fitting character from Marvel that'd fit perfectly for Mortal Kombat is Punisher. Just the brutality from the guy alone shows why he fits honestly.

But if there's any guest characters I'd love to see in Mortal Kombat. It'd be Pennywise (It) and Guts from Berserk.
Wolverine is gory enough for MK too.

I can even imagine some fatalities for him without any trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

But if there's any guest characters I'd love to see in Mortal Kombat the most. It'd be Pennywise (It) and Guts from Berserk.
Pennywise gut busts you and rips out your spleen in MK11 (ASMR)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pennywise gut busts you and rips out your spleen in MK11 (ASMR)
If he were to get in. These would be the fatalities I'd imagine.

Deadlights: Pennywise exposes his opponent to his deadlights as his/her hair turns white and then proceeds to maul them or alternatively he/she becomes so crazy from witnessing them that they commit hara-kiri (Japanese term for suicide).
Spider: Pennywise transforms into his giant spider form and proceeds to kill his opponent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cloak and Dagger were gonna be in too. Specifically, they'd fight like a JoJo character.
Doc Ock was also considered.
Blade got cut.
Mega Man almost made it back.
Gene from God Hand almost made it in.

MVCI adds MMX and Ultron. Then cuts the X-Men and makes Black Panther, Venom and Sigma DLC.
Doc Ock was I think completely playable at one point, even had his own music, bu the tentacles were just too complicated for the full game. Sucks how few Spidey villains we got across the whole series.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Have you considered Xeno? I'll just link to a past one, which should have details on where to find it and enter.

https://smash.gg/tournament/xeno161/details

They usually have it every Wednesday, but is this outside of Western NY?

I just tend to think of how we all just happen to live in an endless dream that can't be escaped. Or just the paradox of reality versus imagination, but I'm not sure if that explains the amount of déjà vu I've experienced recently.
I want to start by saying that I totally, absolutely appreciate your effort to help me.

There’s a place close to me that has the exact same address however, the one you sent is for NYC. Driving to NYC from where I live is roughly 6-7 hours.

Luckily I found a few places near me that do weeklies or bi-weekly tournaments, and then evidently there’s going to be a regional tournament in Buffalo (which I live like 10 minutes from) on August 31st, so that’s kind of exciting.

Like I said, thanks for your help but yeah...New York State is big.

EDIT: LIKE I SAID I’M DOWN TO SMASH, AND NOT IN AN INAPPROPRIATE WAY.

I CAN MAKE AN ARENA IF ANYONE WANTS TO PLAY.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I want to start by saying that I totally, absolutely appreciate your effort to help me.

There’s a place close to me that has the exact same address however, the one you sent is for NYC. Driving to NYC from where I live is roughly 6-7 hours.

Luckily I found a few places near me that do weeklies or bi-weekly tournaments, and then evidently there’s going to be a regional tournament in Buffalo (which I live like 10 minutes from) on August 31st, so that’s kind of exciting.

Like I said, thanks for your help but yeah...New York State is big.

Sure I’d be up for an arena, I won a few games online and now I feel like I need to be humbled again.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have a question for anyone who's played Fire Emblem Conquest. Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo staindgrey staindgrey Opossum Opossum

Is it possible to beat normal mode without support conversations or pair ups? I'm planning a no reset run and I wondered how this could work.
I mean, I'm sure it is. You're just making it harder on yourself.

Even on normal difficulty it's a healthy challenge.

I'd like to sometime.

But I'm at work. And my time is limited this week in general.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I was in charge of MVC4, I would try to hit as many bases as possible, while re-using assets from MVC3, TVC, and MVCI. Even some of the new characters could have a basis on someone else.

Spider Man: Spider-Man, Venom, Green Goblin, Black Cat, Cloak and Dagger(duo character), Carnage. 6 total. (Carnage borrows from Spider-Man and Venom a bit.)

X-Men: Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Psylocke, Gambit, Deadpool, Rouge. 7 total. (Most from 3, with others getting updates like Venom)

Avengers: Cap, Iron-Man, Hulk, Thor, She-Hulk, Ultron, Taskmaster, Carol 8 total. (All in 3 or Infinite)

Cosmic: Nova, Gamora, Rocket, Thanos, Super Skrull. 5 total. (All in 3 or Infinite)

Other: Blade, Ghost Rider, Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Daredevil. 6 total.

Mega Man: MMX, Zero, Mega Man EXE, Tron, Sigma. 5 total (TVC-MVCI + the GBA thug himself)

Street Fighter: Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken, Akmua, Alex, Juri,. 6 total. (Ken borrows from Ryu, Juri for modern Street Fighter stuff)

DMC: Dante, Trish, Vergil, Lady, Nero. 5 total. (**** it, bring the WHOLE CREW)

RE: Jill, Leon, Wesker, Nemesis. 4 total. (The MVC3 crew, but with Leon since people have been asking for him)

Darkstalkers: Morrigan, Felicia, Hi-Senko, Jedah 4 total. (All from MVC3 and Infinite)

Other: Viewtiful Joe, Strider, Captain Commando, Amingo, Haggar, Ammy, Phoenix Wright, Jin. 8 total. (All from MVC3, except Cap Com and Jin)

Slightly bigger roster than MVC2, but with mostly re-used characters.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I may just have to tag the mods to report you.

Wait.
I mean, seriously speaking if I do something wrong you can always report it so other mods see it and I get in trouble.

Keeps me on my toes.

Zinith Zinith my ama is up I know you've probably got **** to ask me
Careful not to spam about your AMA, Noi. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
sorry i thought he'd be interested and wanted him to know
I know. It's no biggie at all. There's just been a few posts like that and I didn't want it to get spammy.

Now the pressure's on Zinith Zinith to ask those questions. :smirk:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Doc Ock was I think completely playable at one point, even had his own music, bu the tentacles were just too complicated for the full game. Sucks how few Spidey villains we got across the whole series.
It's the All-New All Different year of 20XX and we STILL can't yeet someone off a bridge with the Goblin, DHC into Venom Web and finish with Carnage chopping people up.

Sad Venom.jpg

Don't the films make enough money? Do they really need the synergy? Cause it's clearly not helping the games too much.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The beginning of Noi's AMA:

This AMA's subject is one of Smashboards' prominent artists, responsible for the Social's anime posters and always giving a "howdy!" to people who need it: Noipoi.

The beginning of my AMA:

Welcome back everyone, to this edition of AMA. The subject of scrutiny this week is NateVO. As always, when asking questions, please keep it civil. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Nate has answered, then you may ask more. All site rules are in effect. Have fun!!

I demand a special introduction! I demand it! /s

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

This AMA's subject is one of Smashboards' prominent artists, responsible for the Social's anime posters and always giving a "howdy!" to people who need it: Noipoi.

The beginning of my AMA:

Welcome back everyone, to this edition of AMA. The subject of scrutiny this week is NateVO. As always, when asking questions, please keep it civil. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Nate has answered, then you may ask more. All site rules are in effect. Have fun!!

Where are the AMA threads located, btw? I may have questions that I wanna ask our fellow users. :p

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh **** we getting existential now? In that case ever think about how most of the atoms in your body are billions of years old and that some of them may have even been part of a completely different person before moving onto you?
The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant.

It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
back for a hot minute, got some things fixed up but the dorm **** is still out of my control

trying to still find that good secondary cause ganondorf really aint cutting out

been thinkin about :ultgnw: or go back to smash 4 days when i made :ultolimar: a secondary

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

The beginning of my AMA:

If I don't get a special introduction for my AMA, I'll be sad.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
or i could always try :ultsnake: again

snake is really fun to play but for some reason i just ****ing suck with him. i know the techs and the strats but im just doing something wrong i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom