• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I still can’t find Metal Sonic.
668F0634-9142-45A6-B3D5-8DA3894032A9.jpeg

According to this image there is an illusion but there isn’t. Metal Sonic isn’t there.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was posting my moveset ideas in the last thread, so I thought I’d continue here! Here’s my new one:
Another post from me about your moveset since ive finished watching it. I'm pretty impressed by how thorough you were with all the footage (And I love the stormblood fighter too so it was nice to see it again XD)
You really did her justice and it feels like a really solid moveset. One of the only things would be the down-b being luck-based. I think it should only 'look' luck based or have some predictable mechanics for the competitive side of smash, but other than it could be fun :D

I dont have anything else on the specific moves for now, but you get a big thumbs up from me :)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can somebody please add “I want to become stronger.” To one of those anime cliche bingo boards?
You mean it isn't? It's one of the fundamental ones that leads to cool combos and ****.

You know one potential DLC character I don't hear anyone talking about? A character from GameFreak's Town. With that being GameFreak's new IP, I could see them getting a character from that game in Smash as a way to get their new IP off the ground. Anyone else thought about that?
Probably because we haven't seen much of the game. We don't know the exact abilities of said characters too well. I guess that didn't stop people from wanting the red-haired girl from Persona 5, so I dunno.

D

Deleted member

the 3.1.0. notification also runs until june 17, meaning we're not getting an update before then (so no e3 shadow launch) - it'll be a week between reveal and launch at the very least
Interesting. I still think there'll be at least one reveal at E3, but I was fully expecting a sort of 'OUT TOMMORROW' deal. Makin me question if we'll get a character at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For some reason, my last post was a double post, despite my internet running just fine. Well whatever, here's another cool cover I found.

Mega Man X8's regular boss theme might just be my favorite overall.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I didn't do as much as I would have like to, got stuck on the legs, and now, I feel too tired to continue, so I'm just going to stop for today and have a good time now.

So, on that said...
012.gif

What did I miss, amigo?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Interesting. I still think there'll be at least one reveal at E3, but I was fully expecting a sort of 'OUT TOMMORROW' deal. Makin me question if we'll get a character at all.
it's possible (not likely, but possible) that we could see a reveal as soon as tonight to coincide with the update - sakurai hasn't exactly been marching to the beat of nintendo's drum with these characters, after all. joker was shown off at the VGAs instead of a direct, piranha plant was a surprise drop in january, joker's feb direct appearance was just a token showing of 'yes he exists, please be patient', and his release in april just happened out of nowhere.

i wouldn't be surprised if erdrick just showed up out of nowhere in a mini-presentation detailing DQ content, VR and the new amiibo stuff dropping as soon as this evening, and they saved a more 'exciting' reveal for e3 itself. after all, we've been saying for months that erdrick seems a little too japan-centric for a western event.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*Come E3

Sakurai: “ you see we would have announced the next fighters pass character already, but you mother ****ers couldn’t keep your mouths shut everyone knows.

So **** it the new fighter Erdrick is out right now and you don’t even get a trailer or moveset explanation.

Never ask me for anything again!”

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
At any E3 event during Smash relevant times, there has been at least one character reveal.

Considering the patch and the time period it runs, that could rule out a shadowdrop character. I’m not sure if it entirely rules out 2 though.

I’d bet money on at least one. But not with any of you, of course.

D

Deleted member

it's possible (not likely, but possible) that we could see a reveal as soon as tonight to coincide with the update - sakurai hasn't exactly been marching to the beat of nintendo's drum with these characters, after all. joker was shown off at the VGAs instead of a direct, piranha plant was a surprise drop in january, joker's feb direct appearance was just a token showing of 'yes he exists, please be patient', and his release in april just happened out of nowhere.

i wouldn't be surprised if erdrick just showed up out of nowhere in a mini-presentation detailing DQ content, VR and the new amiibo stuff dropping as soon as this evening, and they saved a more 'exciting' reveal for e3 itself. after all, we've been saying for months that erdrick seems a little too japan-centric for a western event.
What has me hmmmming is that it's not even a full update, just 3.30. Pirahna Plant showed that a character alone is enough for a full increment in the version number. Very curious.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
how is VR Mode going to work? Is it first person?

this is simultaneously a terrible and glorious idea
Or it'll be like Tekken 7's VR mode. As in you just watch a fight and don't turn the game into Punch-Out!!.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
What has me hmmmming is that it's not even a full update, just 3.30. Pirahna Plant showed that a character alone is enough for a full increment in the version number. Very curious.
They added the multiplayer option for Spirit Boards I believe.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
yeah, characters being full increments is what makes me think probably not. on the flipside, there's nothing to really stop them from just slowing down on the increments like other nintendo games have done (splatoon 2 comes to mind)

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Don't think this was posted here
I like him

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
At any E3 event during Smash relevant times, there has been at least one character reveal.

Considering the patch and the time period it runs, that could rule out a shadowdrop character. I’m not sure if it entirely rules out 2 though.

I’d bet money on at least one. But not with any of you, of course.
Coward.

...wait is gambling for money against the rules? I feel like it's against the rules.

Probably.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The thing with Erdrick being “too Japanese” for a Western event is that SE wants to push Dragon Quest in the West. You can’t push something as much of you just drop it with no introduction, and putting him front and center at a western event puts him in the minds of western gamers: the folks you want to advertise to.

Joker got a reveal at the VGAs. It’s an event where gamers of all kinds watch, and it’s a pick from a 3rd party. Shadowdropping Joker worked because there was knowledge that he existed.

With Erdrick, there’s no context to dropping him. I wouldn’t necessarily 100% rule it out (I’d totally be down) but I just think it’s different, and the added fact that Square wants to get the West exposed to the brand makes me doubt it.

I could be wrong. But I think we’ll be waiting a bit still.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
MMMMMMMMMM-

FEW MORE HOURS TO GO UNTIL I GO SEE GODZILLA 2!!!!

*HYPE INTENSIFIES BY BEYOND 1,000,000,000*

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
It’s cool to hear about the existence of the VR mode in Smash. I’ve played Brawl in VR using a modified version of Dolphin, which was kinda cool, but it’ll be nice having an official version even if it’s much less resolution. On another point, this means that Smash 3DS’ 3D isn’t something that’ll be immediately lost to the ages. I do wonder if there’ll be any restrictions on VR mode due to performance restrictions, though, like supporting 4 (or 2?) players only or not supporting certain stages. I also wonder if it’ll work in modes like WoL, Spirit Board, and online, or if it’ll be regular matches against AI only.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can see E3 revealing two characters. Just release the 4.0.0 update later in June or in July, I don't see why today's patch's notice time is a problem for anything other than the character(s) releasing right after E3.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I don't know why they wouldn't just reveal the character and announce the date they will be coming. In the April 2015 Direct, Mewtwo would be available to get several days later if you got the codes, and much later for purchase. Lucas was also revealed and would be available later. Also the final Smash 4 direct in December had Corrin and Bayonetta revealed and set for release in February.

And another reason Smash would get it's own direct from E3 that I forgot. Sakurai loves to go into details about the 3rd party newcomers and their stage and there's no way they're going to devote that much time into a DLC character in a 40-45 minute direct dedicated to new games in 2019.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know. The interesting thing about Spirits is, since they cost, like, no resources to make, they could just keep adding more, like, forever. How long do you think they’ll keep doing this?

D

Deleted member

You know. The interesting thing about Spirits is, since they cost, like, no resources to make, they could just keep adding more, like, forever. How long do you think they’ll keep doing this?
Probably until development ends.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well guys. I'm off then. Going to my grandpa's for supper first and then tonight to the movie that's been five years in the waiting for me!

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Probably until development ends.
Didn’t Conquests in SSB4 continue for years after development on it ended? Other events like Splatfests in Splatoon and Party Crashes in ARMS also continued past the end of their respective games’ development, as well.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

The point of the warning for replays is that it'll be at least a few days before it drops, but it would make sense for a video from nintendo, depending on what it is. And I dont expect a character because up to now they've done it with bigger jumps in versions, but I'll take it if it happens XD

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
It's a flaw of the comic book medium.

These stories stretch forever and jump from creative team to creative team, and each issue that's released on a monthly basis for years is supposed to be exciting enough to warrant a purchase. So each team is going to have their own take and there are bound to be conflicts with canon, poorly thought out and rushed plot points, ludicrous feats for the sake of being "super", etc.

In a "Death Battle" scenario, you pick and choose all of the hero's greatest accomplishments and treat them as peak potential, when really we should probably treat those outstanding moments as outliers and find more of a mean. Half the stuff they showed about Hal Jordan, I turned to my brother and said, "Yeah but" and then brought up a story where he did the exact opposite and sucked.

The best superhero comics are the short term spinoffs where the writer gets full control over the story and doesn't have to worry about ongoing canon.

Or Daredevil in general because he's always somehow been immune to over-serialization and only gets good writers.
I may have missed some daredevil talk but I love daredevil so much I feel like with superheroes for some reason the more grounded they are the better there stories are and the better the superhero is in general spiderman and batman arguably the two most popular superheroes ever are both very grounded charachters and are intriguing because of that. I don't know I wanted to talk about this cause its a theory I've had for a while and I'm watching daredevil again right now for what is most likely the 20th time

God I love daredevil

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I've been happily trapped in my isolation chamber for a while. What is this 3.1.0 leak stuff? :V

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I miss Spectacular Spider-Man <3
I watched that show all the time when I was in middle school. It was one of a kind.
Dude that's still probably my favorite animation of any kind it was so well done and turned tombstone into one of my favorite villains and that shows plot was so intelligent
I really miss that show

God I love spiderman

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I may have missed some daredevil talk but I love daredevil so much I feel like with superheroes for some reason the more grounded they are the better there stories are and the better the superhero is in general spiderman and batman arguably the two most popular superheroes ever are both very grounded charachters and are intriguing because of that. I don't know I wanted to talk about this cause its a theory I've had for a while and I'm watching daredevil again right now for what is most likely the 20th time

God I love daredevil
You should see my Daredevil collection.

And we should be friends.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I've been happily trapped in my isolation chamber for a while. What is this 3.1.0 leak stuff? :V
3.1.0. comes out tonight/tomorrow depending on timezone

includes VR support and online+arena amiibos

update notification expires on the 17th so we're not getting an e3 shadow drop (or erdrick is contained within the update ready to shadow drop, which would be incredibly stupid)

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Hey, does Detective Pikachu have a post credits scene?
It doesn't. Though it does have a neat credits sequence that pays tribute to the games. I'll put it on spoilers in case anyone is curious.

It shows the cast in the artstyle of the Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom