• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hmmm... the fact Banjo was in that latest Switch promo video... I expect the Hero shadow drop + whatever content he comes with either tomorrow or Thursday

Or tonight if we’re lucky
What makes you think that?

I have finished season 1 of Daredevil.

It's so action-packed that I couldn't help but keep watching. It is seriously thrilling and I was entertained every step of the way. Will take a short break and begin watching season 2 in a few days. This show is a total gem and I look forward to what the rest has in store.
I’m lovin’ these Sans avatars

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, Hero really needs to com oute soon, not just because of me and others being impatient but because Nintendo is behind in schedule consistency with the Fighter's Pass deadline right now. We only have 1 out of five characters right now with around 7 months left.
How close to Japanese Summer Vaycay are we? I really buy into that theory

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
By the way, for those of you who were freaking out at E3 because you thought the graphics for SwSh were basically a done deal...

It's slowly improving.

Noipoi

Howdy!
By the way, for those of you who were freaking out at E3 because you thought the graphics for SwSh were basically a done deal...

It's slowly improving.
At this rate they’ll fix the tree next June!

/s obviously you know I like these games

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero

It's slowly improving.
So this is another case of:

Being ignored, of course.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People dumping on the graphics was a splendid case of confirmation bias.

People wanted to believe that Pokemon not getting included was purely out of laziness and incompetence - especially after Masuda gave animations as a reason for the cut- so they found every single possible nitpick to prove it, while dismissing any counterpoints that might challenge their view.

I will say those textures do look a lot better now.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I make one comment saying that I'm not betting on Shantae's inclusion since she is a spirit, and now the majority of the support thread is on to me for some reason. Awesome. Are support threads usually like this?

D

Deleted member

I make one comment saying that I'm not betting on Shantae's inclusion since she is a spirit, and now the majority of the support thread is on to me for some reason. Awesome. Are support threads usually like this?
The Crash and Eight threads are not like that, tbh.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Most, no. Some, yes.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Unfinished Game looks unfinished and gets improvements the next time it's shown
In other news Clark Kent is Superman

StormC

Smash Hero
The Spirit thing is a sore spot for a lot of people because they believe they're just like trophies and there should be no reason they should deconfirm in their minds. People don't want Spirits to be deconfirmations because then they have to accept basically every Nintendo character and a handful of third parties (Shantae, Rayman) are off the table. And that's very dire if your most wanted is in that spot, because it's not a "hard" deconfirmation but it would mean you will spend months wondering and then possibly end up with nothing.

They should have probably made Shantae an Assist Trophy like Shovel Knight. At least she'd get a spiffy 3D model and the fans would be able to say their demand was at least acknowledged (not that the Spirit isn't already an acknowledgment, but again, some people don't take it as a hard deconfirm).

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was watching the first Avengers movie, and noticed something interesting. There is one scene where Cap is arguing with Tony, and he mentions that Tony only fights for himself, and that he wouldn't sacrifice himself for other people. Tony has really grown as a character, hasn't he?

StormC

Smash Hero
I was watching the first Avengers movie, and noticed something interesting. There is one scene where Cap is arguing with Tony, and he mentions that Tony only fights for himself, and that he wouldn't sacrifice himself for other people. Tony has really grown as a character, hasn't he?
I mean... that line is meant to set up the climax of the same movie when Iron Man rides the nuke out of New York, lol.

The point of that scene is neither Cap or Tony are willing to work past their first impression of each other. We've known since the first movie Tony will put his life on the line to save others (Tony telling Pepper to blow up the reactor even though he will almost assuredly die in the explosion).

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
At this point I just want a Bandana Dee Mii Hat.

Captura1.PNG

And I hate Miis, but I want to feel that Sakurai knows and cares about Dee's popularity.
Every popular first party character is an AT or a Mii costume, except for Bandana Dee...
I know it's kinda childish, but it's hard to not think he is biased to his own Kirby games.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The Spirit thing is a sore spot for a lot of people because they believe they're just like trophies and there should be no reason they should deconfirm in their minds. People don't want Spirits to be deconfirmations because then they have to accept basically every Nintendo character and a handful of third parties (Shantae, Rayman) are off the table. And that's very dire if your most wanted is in that spot, because it's not a "hard" deconfirmation but it would mean you will spend months wondering and then possibly end up with nothing.

They should have probably made Shantae an Assist Trophy like Shovel Knight. At least she'd get a spiffy 3D model and the fans would be able to say their demand was at least acknowledged (not that the Spirit isn't already an acknowledgment, but again, some people don't take it as a hard deconfirm).
It also seems that people disregard how Sakurai mentioned that spirits are for characters who aren't fighters. At least I'm pretty sure he said that. People shouldn't get that upset when someone mentions that they are doubting a character's inclusion.

I mean... that line is meant to set up the climax of the same movie when Iron Man rides the nuke out of New York, lol.

The point of that scene is neither Cap or Tony are willing to work past their first impression of each other. We've known since the first movie Tony will put his life on the line to save others (Tony telling Pepper to blow up the reactor even though he will almost assuredly die in the explosion).
I meant like, ya know, a sacrifice with harsher repercussions.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Hasnt iron man tried to sacrifice himself in every sinfle avengers.movie at least and also now that I think about it iron man 1 he tried to sacrifice himself. I just always thought that iron man was more heroic than cap because of that but thats just an opinion ya know?
Edit: oh I see you adressed what you meant in the previous post carry on then good sir

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The sacrifice was losing some of his money on shawarma for the other Avengers.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just watched Okko's Inn, has anyone else seen it? I really liked it.
Hasnt iron man tried to sacrifice himself in every sinfle avengers.movie at least and also now that I think about it iron man 1 he tried to sacrifice himself. I just always thought that iron man was more heroic than cap because of that but thats just an opinion ya know?
Edit: oh I see you adressed what you meant in the previous post carry on then good sir
Both of them attempt to sacrifice themselves fairly often. Iron Man 1 and Avengers have been mentioned, but Cap has the the grenade scene in The First Avenger, then going into the ice later in the same movie (which he didn't expect to survive), then the climax of Winter Soldier, and self-sacrifice is one of the main themes of his character in Age of Ultron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom