• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

While I don't celebrate 4th of July, I hope that people celebrating it enjoy themselves.

And even if you are like me and dont like America too much (damn customs for making me late on my flight last time), just remember that like many countries they have their good and bad things. And among the good things America has gave us there's Cap.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I... agree? I think he certainly has some issues, a big one being a reliance on fridging women, especially in Victory, and some of his dialogue is pretty weird (might be a translation thing) but overall I feel like he brings a rawness and psychological realism to his anime that is rare in shows aimed at middle schoolers. At least regarding his older works, especially Zeta, I wasn't too hot on Reconguista G, and even he admitted it wasn't that good.
He handled his female characters well
Zeta all had adult characters trying to call Kamille a child and telling him to grow up despite literally seeing his parents get killed in front of him. All of these adults are completely disturbed and desensitized due to growing up and experiencing the OYW. Reccoa is a character who you'd think is mature but shes just as childish and naive as Kamille. She literally betrays and changes sides cause Char showed hardly any sexual desire. Her childish emotions controlled her fate in the end.

Katejina is another interesting concept. She has the look of a normal wealthy blond girl who wouldnt hurt a fly. Later in the series she gets allured by Zanscare's propaganda "matriarchal society etc" despite the whole matriarchy thing being a cover up. The way she even joins was perfect because the she was kidnapped by Cronicle who not only did she witness saving a child but he also protected her from his own men trying to **** her. The gallant way he first met her to join her to join only helped her get completely institutionalized by zanscare ideology. You have the irl girls from britain joining ISIS so its not a completely unfounded thing to happen. Ironically she tells the MC to not let him killing people in war turn him into a monster and she completely becomes what she warned.

Queen Diana from Turn A is another great character and is one my favorites although thats another discussion

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A week’s worth of field research, I guess. All it said was that there was a special Pokémon encounter once the seventh stamp was filled out.
Yeah the special research is great. This month it gives kyroge groudon and the latis. One of my favorite features

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Dr. Chain Chomp when?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know the more I really think about it. The more I think when Verge said that we were getting Minecraft content I think at most it'll be a Steve Mii costume revealed upon:ultbanjokazooie:release.

Also expect a Master Chief Mii Gunner.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know the more I really think about it. The more I think when Verge said that we were getting Minecraft content I think at most it'll be a Steve Mii costume revealed upon:ultbanjokazooie:release.

I mean, he's been 100% at this point at everything he said would be in and his initial comments on Minecraft stuff was that he was 'Pretty certain' it's not a character. He wasn't sure what, but he was thinking stage or Mii stuff. And with the Joker release giving us Persona Mii stuff, it wouldn't be too outrageous for us to get both Banjo Mii stuff and Minecraft Mii stuff. It could easily be a blocky outfit and headwear for a Fighter so the sword is automatically that minecraft-style sword; plus a costume and headwear for Gruntilda for a Mii costume.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, he's been 100% at this point at everything he said would be in and his initial comments on Minecraft stuff was that he was 'Pretty certain' it's not a character. He wasn't sure what, but he was thinking stage of Mii stuff. And with the Joker release giving us Persona Mii stuff, it wouldn't be too outrageous for us to get both Banjo Mii stuff and Minecraft Mii stuff. It could easily be a blocky outfit and headwear for a Fighter so the sword is automatically that minecraft-style sword; plus a costume and headwear for Gruntilda for a Mii costume.
Alongside Gruntilda I also expect an Mii costume of Mumbo Jumbo. Maybe an Jingo Mii Brawler as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
still not expecting a steve costume cause of how blocky he is

maybe like a creeper head or something but not a full costume

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Conker costume. Come on Microsoft, you know you want to.

Best part is he could be all three archetypes....well except maybe Brawler but it's not that strict.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Straight stretch of track

Opponent straight ahead of me

Fire off tracking missiles

Missiles do a hard left and blow up against a wall

CTR makes no sense

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

It was Vergeben's comments on Minecraft "content" that actually made me think Banjo & Kazooie were possibly in Ultimate--if it was only content, it made no sense at the time to come in without a character (RIP Monster Hunter), and B&K seemed the most likely/hopeful to me. So now that it's confirmed Banjo & Kazooie are the Microsoft characters, I think it's likely that "content" is a Minecraft Mii costume--it was notable that he said content, and didn't know if a character was involved, and only speculated that it could be a character.

That doesn't mean it's impossible for Microsoft to get another character--while the chances have decreased, it's possible, especially since Microsoft is unique in being a new company in Smash, and was really easy to work with. Though if they did, I think Master Chief is more likely given his iconic status. And while Sakurai probably doesn't pick characters on this criteria, Master Chief, Crash and Sora are the three big characters I feel could "top" Banjo (though, I think it's more likely given the fighter pass model, that they want their heavy hitters first and trail off near the end).

What I think would be cool: Steve (Swordfighter), Master Chief (Gunner), a Battletoad (Brawler).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but consider the following

Ori costume

in case u can’t tell i really really heckin love Ori pls play The Blind Forest i beg y’all

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm on Chimera Ant now, I was closer to the end of Greed Island than I thought. That said, Chimera Ant is already HEAT. The premise is great, super mutant bugs getting upgrades from the species that we're eaten to birth them.

I didn't get to Merurem yet, but he looks like Cell and Frieza fused together, so he's probably pretty sick.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It seems as if a lot of the Steve Supporters actually disappeared after Banjo was announced, which makes me wonder if some people only wanted him in just to troll the Banjo fans.

It's be a shame if a character as cool as Steve was relegated into "meme" Hell like Waluigi.

Genuine Blocky Bois, stand up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It was Vergeben's comments on Minecraft "content" that actually made me think Banjo & Kazooie were possibly in Ultimate--if it was only content, it made no sense at the time to come in without a character (RIP Monster Hunter), and B&K seemed the most likely/hopeful to me. So now that it's confirmed Banjo & Kazooie are the Microsoft characters, I think it's likely that "content" is a Minecraft Mii costume--it was notable that he said content, and didn't know if a character was involved, and only speculated that it could be a character.

That doesn't mean it's impossible for Microsoft to get another character--while the chances have decreased, it's possible, especially since Microsoft is unique in being a new company in Smash, and was really easy to work with. Though if they did, I think Master Chief is more likely given his iconic status. And while Sakurai probably doesn't pick characters on this criteria, Master Chief, Crash and Sora are the three big characters I feel could "top" Banjo (though, I think it's more likely given the fighter pass model, that they want their heavy hitters first and trail off near the end).

What I think would be cool: Steve (Swordfighter), Master Chief (Gunner), a Battletoad (Brawler).
I won't doubt the possilibity but I honestly don't think were getting another Microsoft rep tbh and at most they'll be in the form of Mii costumes like the ones you stated.

Also I'd say alongside Master Chief, Crash and Sora that Geno and Waluigi (If Assists can be upgraded) could "top" Banjo as well.

I see one of the two following to be the most like.

1. #74: Lloyd Irving and #75: Resident Evil rep (Jill or Leon).

or

2. #74: Lloyd Irving and 75#: Crash Bandicoot.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It seems as if a lot of the Steve Supporters actually disappeared after Banjo was announced, which makes me wonder if some people only wanted him in just to troll the Banjo fans.

It's be a shame if a character as cool as Steve was relegated into "meme" Hell like Waluigi.

Could be they just stopped caring about speculation after taking a hit like that.
If we get another Capcom character not Phoenix or he gets disconfirmed somehow I know I'll care less about who is next.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I won't doubt the possilibity but I honestly don't think were getting another Microsoft rep tbh and at most they'll be in the form of Mii costumes like the ones you stated.

Also I'd say alongside Master Chief, Crash and Sora that Geno and Waluigi (If Assists can be upgraded) could "top" Banjo as well.

or

Option two is probably the most likely

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I feel like like some people wanted him because they expected him, and got attached to the idea. I was shilling Fulgore since KI's the Rare series I'm most familiar with, having played the old games back in the day.

or

I guess Crash. But I would gladly yeet Lloyd for a Tekken character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Option two is probably the most likely
One part of me is saying the 1st is more likely but the 2nd at the same time would make a lot more sense to end the DLC run given the icon and big Crash is given his legacy in the 90's.

Another reason I think the second could be likely is due to that one leaker on GameFaqs who so far has been right on his predictions.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

listen im an optimist but im not crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom