• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Wanna know what makes me upset. Kids in YouTube comment sections.

ironic that im saying that of all people

All their comments just tend to be nonsensical, incorrect, not funny, or add nothing. For example, someone spelled “Whilst” and someone said they pronounced “While” wrong. More just a nitpick but it just- Ugh.
I don't find them too bad when I get into a heated argument with one and he throws out his age I cool down because he is just a kid after all he doesn't really know any better, getting angry at a kid online is just tasteless

Shroob

Sup?
I hope 3houses does aight, but from the pretty much confirmed leak, it's not the type of FE I want to play.

Also, please dont tell me Masuda opened his mouth again and said that Town was their main focus and not SwSd. It's all over the net today.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I hope 3houses does aight, but from the pretty much confirmed leak, it's not the type of FE I want to play.

Also, please dont tell me Masuda opened his mouth again and said that Town was their main focus and not SwSd. It's all over the net today.
Regardless of how you feel about Sword and Shield, Game Freak developing two games at once, and not making the Pokemon game higher priority in terms of staff?
8AD7E8B0-A9BF-480A-B083-D9F1FBDF0455.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched the latest Dr. Mario World trailer again, I also see Dr. Wendy and Dr. Ludwig. Very likely the other 5 Koopalings are doctors too.

Dr. Wario and Dr. Waluigi better happen or I'll uninstall the game off my phone in a heartbeat. nah, not really

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Watched the latest Dr. Mario World trailer again, I also see Dr. Wendy and Dr. Ludwig. Very likely the other 5 Koopalings are doctors too.

Dr. Wario and Dr. Waluigi better happen or I'll uninstall the game off my phone in a heartbeat. nah, not really
Pfft we can have doctor clones in a Dr. Mario game, but not THE :ultdoc:in a Mario Kart?

Imagine having multiple variants of Mario but not using Dr. Mario at all.

D

Deleted member

The Youtube comment section is the biggest cesspool on the internet, arguably. There are PLENTY of cesspools on the internet, but the youtube comment section is normally the first place people think of when stupidity, salt, trolling, and pointless aggression are all factors to conversation.

It's like a trainwreck: it's horrifying and awful, but you can't help but watch because of how high in magnitude the entire situation is.
I don't find them too bad when I get into a heated argument with one and he throws out his age I cool down because he is just a kid after all he doesn't really know any better, getting angry at a kid online is just tasteless
Not arguments, just.... A lot of the comments seem pointless and childish imo.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Kind of funny that Nintendo can't decide what Luigi should look like in Super Mario World even if their lives depended on it.

Luigi SMW s.png

(Put together by me)

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Unpopular opinion: 90s X-Men are the most overrated **** in this planet, and a cancer to Marvel's fandom.

The more I go back to MvC2 and see opinions on MUA 3, the more I realize that those old geezers that whine about the MCU don't even care about their precious mutants, just their childhoods.

D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion: 90s X-Men are the most overrated **** in this planet, and a cancer to Marvel's fandom.

The more I go back to MvC2 and see opinions on MUA 3, the more I realize that those old geezers that whine about the MCU don't even care about their precious mutants, just their childhoods.
I have similar feelings.

Doesn’t help that many 90s X-Men fans enjoy to mess with anyone who enjoys the Fantastic Four.

StormC

Smash Hero
What is up with this new setup for Google Images? The sidebar that pops up when you click on a picture is really annoying and kills my Chrome extension that puts in the View Image button. Anybody know a fix for this?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have similar feelings.

Doesn’t help that many 90s X-Men fans enjoy to mess with anyone who enjoys the Fantastic Four.
I didn't care for the 90's X men show either, really. Theme song was nice, though. X-Men Evolution or even the later Wolverine and the X-Men were much better. They were just shorter.

On a slightly related note, I watched an episode of Spider-Man from the 90's once (same style as the old X men show so I figured they were done by the same people) and it took me 5 minutes to realize I wasn't watching a 'recap of last episode'; that show just jumps from scene to scene so fast it just looks like they're doing one of those quick recaps before an episode begins lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
First level on SMM2 finished.

Just gotta playtest it a bit tomorrow and then I post it.

D

Deleted member

I would cry if they used an orchestrated cover of this song during the Marvel Studios logo intro for the MCU Fantastic Four movie:
Even better if they did the season 2 intro instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Ultimate Alliance 3 is also coming soon.

Who will you add to your teams?

Until the F4 release, I think I’ll go with Spidey, Khamala Khan, Deadpool and Crystal.

D

Deleted member

I just want Melee to die, because it's the worst community in the Fighting Game community.
**** Smash Twitter lol. I don't really have anything to add to your point, but that community is a cesspool.

Slow day for sure, not sure why.

Anyway, I went back to my old "Infinite Gravity" title but am considering a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also hunting down a new icon, likely something Synthwavey again. But this icon is fantastic (and I had it commissioned), so I'm debating swapping in the first place lol.
The Smash community in general is yikes. That is why I tend to avoid it. I think your avatar now looks fantastic.
I think it's pretty timely. EVO is approaching and the greater online Smash community has had some...let's say unpleasant attitudes toward the game for it "stealing Melee's slot."

Meanwhile a big part of why Melee was dropped in the first place was because the Melee community has very little crossover with the rest of the FGC. Each year, the Melee players and spectators would specifically come for Melee only and leave when it was over. Generally that kind of thing isn't sustainable when the rest of the FGC has much more crossover (with many people competing in 2-3 different games if not more).

So by doing this, they...

- Increase awareness for EVO on this site.
- Increase awareness for Samurai Showdown as a game.
- Potentially help increase the carryover viewership from Smash to SamSho.
- Potentially lessen the harshness that some of the worst kinds of Melee fans have against SamSho for "stealing their spot."
- Potentially help unify the FGC, if only a little.
I completely agree with all of this! Also, we need EVO to be diverse. We don't need two Smash games in one go.

So, Spider-Man Far From Home.
I'll go as far as to call it the best live action Spider-Man film.

Probably has the best post-credit scenes in the MCU as well imo.
Awesome! I am very excited to see it!

D

Deleted member

I personally don’t dare to imagine Far From Home as the best live-action Spider-Man movie before I see it to confirm so.

Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man are just movies that hit so much at home for me, so I would really need to see Far From Home to say if it really gets inside my heart as much as those two.

Potato_

Smash Lord
>Dimitri slander

when the guy turns into this post time skip:

I can forgive the ramen hair

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I just want Melee to die, because it's the worst community in the Fighting Game community.
Eh, I feel like the ult community is worse. A lot more drama and harassment. I'd say the NRS community gives both a run for their money though with how whiny their fans are.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tfw we will never get the full treatment of final fantasy music in smash

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
To break up the circular arguments about SwSh, Three Houses, Smash, and Youtube Comments (?), how about I pop up to introduce a new one?

Lets talk about how Shulk is the best character in Smash Bros. from an objective character standpoint.

All other characters are worthless, both in their own games and as characters in Smash Bros.

:ultshulk:

D

Deleted member

To break up the circular arguments about SwSh, Three Houses, Smash, and Youtube Comments (?), how about I pop up to introduce a new one?

Lets talk about how Shulk is the best character in Smash Bros. from an objective character standpoint.

All other characters are worthless, both in their own games and as characters in Smash Bros.

:ultshulk:
I’m really feeling that, ngl.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hmmmm, I wonder if I should actually upload my level, 'cuz I did some playtesting and everything look like it's working as intented.

Soo, before I do that, does anyone here be interested to try out my level once it's uploaded? It's quit simple, but I still tried my best to make it interesting, I in in particular used alot of the new tools in 2.

D

Deleted member

Hmmmm, I wonder if I should actually upload my level, 'cuz I did some playtesting and everything look like it's working as intented.

Soo, before I do that, does anyone here be interested to try out my level once it's uploaded? It's quit simple, but I still tried my best to make it interesting, I in in particular used alot of the new tools in 2.
I would love to try it if I had the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom