• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
View attachment 229791
Cosmic77 Cosmic77 xD Well, I guess I was inspired enough to start working on Zacian! Though it is getting harder by the minute! I haven't drawn canines in ages, and its not like I draw them very well! Plus all of the details and proportions! :3 But, I am pretty satisfied on how it is coming out for being the first time I draw the wolfie guy. It is still a very rough sketch, so, I might or might not finish it...only time will tell!
I think you're being too hard on yourself. This looks really promising so far. The face is spot-on, and the pose is very dynamic. I also like how you drew that long red fur (or is it hair?) in the front. It looks as if it were being whipped behind him while he was making a mad dash for the Smash ball.

I'd love to see you finish this, but I'm already impressed with what you've got so far.

I don't understand how Zacian and Zamazenta have been getting some of the hate they have been. They're certainly a bit unorthodox and don't fit some interesting fan concepts of these characters, but I think that they look really cool all the same and are pretty cool legendaries. Especially Zacian since Sif's Wolf is a personal favorite of the Dark Souls' universe.
I...wasn't aware they were getting hate.

Unless I'm looking in the wrong places, I thought the response to Zacian and Zamazenta has been fairly positive.

I dunno, I'd much prefer they just be straight up different creatures instead of inexplicably being the same dog with different equipment. They wouldn't even have to change much, just use say a different type of quadruped carnivore or heck even some different coleration. Like in Black and White, they're both dragons, but they're entirely different types of dragons.
Some Legendaries were designed to look almost identical (Latias and Latios), and others were designed to look nothing alike to emphasize them being polar opposites (Groudon and Kyogre).

It's individual preference. Personally, I like it better when the designs are similar because I feel like it compliments the boxart better when you place the games side by side. I prefer this waaay more than something like Xerneas and Yveltal, where you can see a hint of similarities between them, but probably wouldn't be able to make the connection unless you already knew they were the boxart Legendaries for X and Y. With Zacian and Zamazenta, it's not really that hard to make a connection between them.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I played Friends/More Friends of Mineral Town all the time as a kid. it was a wonder escape from life
Hope the remake expands the world more. For a GBA game it already had stunning world building. Imagine how much they can add now?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
why did they think making an article on SamSho was a good idea on this site of all sites
I think it's pretty timely. EVO is approaching and the greater online Smash community has had some...let's say unpleasant attitudes toward the game for it "stealing Melee's slot."

Meanwhile a big part of why Melee was dropped in the first place was because the Melee community has very little crossover with the rest of the FGC. Each year, the Melee players and spectators would specifically come for Melee only and leave when it was over. Generally that kind of thing isn't sustainable when the rest of the FGC has much more crossover (with many people competing in 2-3 different games if not more).

So by doing this, they...

- Increase awareness for EVO on this site.
- Increase awareness for Samurai Showdown as a game.
- Potentially help increase the carryover viewership from Smash to SamSho.
- Potentially lessen the harshness that some of the worst kinds of Melee fans have against SamSho for "stealing their spot."
- Potentially help unify the FGC, if only a little.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
So, Spider-Man Far From Home.
I'll go as far as to call it the best live action Spider-Man film.

Probably has the best post-credit scenes in the MCU as well imo.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't usually play traditional fighting games, but samsho looks really interesting to me. I'll probably get it when it comes out on switch.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Friends of Mineral Town is getting a remake?!

HECK YES!

Mineral Town's probably my personal fav Harvest Moon game, so this news gets me pretty excited

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess NoA's marketing plan for Three Houses is just "Better Late Than Never."

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I think the issue is that some Melee fans resent SamSho for being at EVO while Melee isn't. Granted, those fans are mostly on Youtube and Twitter, but I wouldn't be surprised if SmashBoards had some of that salt.

Also, this place sure is dead.
Melee fans need to get over themselves that game had its time in the sun. They should be happy Melee isn't gathering dust in the attic like the rest of the Game cube games

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"oh **** right we're supposed to make the cheeseburgers love this series"

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm a little surprised by how little they've advertised this game. Either they have a lot of confidence in this game selling well regardless, or they don't care enough to pay for more advertisements.

Either way, I doubt it'll hurt the sales that much. It should still make 1-2 million by the end of this year, unless something drastic happens.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm a little surprised by how little they've advertised this game. Either they have a lot of confidence in this game selling well regardless, or they don't care enough to pay for more advertisements.

Either way, I doubt it'll hurt the sales that much. It should still make 1-2 million by the end of this year, unless something drastic happens.
The weirdest thing is that Japan and even Europe have been going all out on the marketing, but NoA is lagging behind, outside of the one demo they let journalists play.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh **** I've been here for 5 years now.

I remember first coming here at age 14 looking for other people who also wanted King K. Rool in Smash 4. I started as a Kutthroat and gradually extended further to other parts of the forum as I supported other characters like Ridley and Mewtwo. I think Hipster Heavyweight Champ has been my title for almost as long as I've been here. Anyway, I've only been on the general thread for half a year, but thanks for having me, y'all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy frick, been working all day on my first level.

Like I could have just a very simple level, but noooo, the ideas kept coming again and again, and thus, I put all my time on this *****.

That all said, I'm reaching the end, and frankly, if the testing phase goes well, I say I be pretty proud of what I made.

Of course, I share it when it's posted online.

Yeah, that's right!! DO YOU HEAR THAT OBAMA?!?!
oie_2475623PdxTz46m.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
The weirdest thing is that Japan and even Europe have been going all out on the marketing, but NoA is lagging behind, outside of the one demo they let journalists play.
Then you remember how they marketed Eartbound.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, Spider-Man Far From Home.
I'll go as far as to call it the best live action Spider-Man film.

Probably has the best post-credit scenes in the MCU as well imo.
Those are both bold statements! I'm not going to be able to see it until next Sunday - I'm looking forward to seeing how it will stack up to Spider-Man 2 or Homecoming.

D

Deleted member

I almost don't want to hear it because I'm so close to playing the game mostly blind now lol.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Japan is Japan. I doubt you or anyone else needs an explanation as to why it's getting promoted over there.

Europe has never been a strong point for FE, so maybe they're trying to change that?

I don't know what the heck NoA is doing. FE has been relying on NA more than people realize (just look at where most of FEW's sales came from). Casuals are what made Awakening and Fates so successful, and I'm not seeing that same level of hype from back then. You'd think they'd want to act on that.

But again, I still think this game will sell well. I couldn't tell you if it'll sell better than it's predecessors, but I feel comfortable in assuming it'll at least reach one million by the end of the third quarter.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
NoA sadly is way too restricted by NoJ. There are some fascinating articles about the gamecube era that dive deep into this.

NoJ just didn't really care about the American market, at least until recently. They just assumed their stuff would sell whether it was made for the market or not.

Japan is Japan. I doubt you or anyone else needs an explanation as to why it's getting promoted over there.

Europe has never been a strong point for FE, so maybe they're trying to change that?

I don't know what the heck NoA is doing. FE has been relying on NA more than people realize (just look at where most of FEW's sales came from). Casuals are what made Awakening and Fates so successful, and I'm not seeing that same level of hype from back then. You'd think they'd want to act on that.

But again, I still think this game will sell well. I couldn't tell you if it'll sell better than it's predecessors, but I feel comfortable in assuming it'll at least reach one million by the end of the third quarter.
Isn't it a few months until the release, too? Maybe they will up the advertising when it's closer.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Isn't it a few months until the release, too? Maybe they will up the advertising when it's closer.
It releases July 26th. They have a little over 3 weeks, so now would be the time to up their game with the ads.

Although, from what I'm seeing so far, MM2 is eating up all of their attention.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
When you mean Europe do you mean the EU across the board or Germany, France, etc because sales can differ from country to country.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wait WHAT lol

I legit thought this game had MONTHS to go, with how little I've heard.
That's what I'm saying. They've been so quiet with this game, most people are gonna walk past the video game section, see it on the shelf, and say, "Wait, this already came out!? When did that happen!?"

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Although, from what I'm seeing so far, MM2 is eating up all of their attention.
^ This. Americans are too busy putting slopes on their on/off button/3D World themed night levels.

Meanwhile I'm over here just now realizing they already released the final Splatfest gear almost a full week ago, and that I can unlock Classic Overalls Wario/Waluigi in Mario Tennis Aces. I've been too caught up replaying Banjo-Kazooie and SoTN (free this month on Xbox) and waiting for Hero to drop in Smash.

D

Deleted member

^ This. Americans are too busy putting slopes on their on/off button/3D World themed night levels.

Meanwhile I'm over here just now realizing they already released the final Splatfest gear almost a full week ago, and that I can unlock Classic Overalls Wario/Waluigi in Mario Tennis Aces. I've been too caught up replaying Banjo-Kazooie and SoTN (free this month on Xbox) and waiting for Hero to drop in Smash.
My levels are in the day time thank you very much!!

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I think Japan knows House will sell in the states from brand alone I don't recall seeing a commercial for Fates or Awakening or even the first one released stateside I just saw a funny looking Roy and told my mom to get it for me back in 2004

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Japan knows House will sell in the states from brand alone I don't recall seeing a commercial for Fates or Awakening or even the first one released stateside I just saw a funny looking Roy and told my mom to get it for me back in 2004
That's not guaranteed though.

The only reason why Awakening and Fates sold well is because people outside the main fanbase were picking up copies. There was a lot of buzz online, so that gave Nintendo a lot of free publicity. That buzz doesn't exist with Three Houses. The people you'd expect to be excited for the game are talking about it, but not many casuals have shown much interest in the game. To counteract that, you'd think NoA would put out more ads, but they're not.

I still think Three Houses will do well due to the Switch's success, but I have a feeling the percentage of sales from NA could take a dip.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literally all they need to do is what Awakening did...release a public demo of the opening portion of the game.

People really undersell just how much the Awakening demo did to help people get into the series. It let them play the Prologue and Chapter One for free to see if they liked the game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The demo put me off/got me to not play Awakening, truthfully. Though more options/accessibility is always good (rather try a demo than buy a game and regret it)

I'd kill more extended tests/more open "prototypes" like Daemon Ex Machina, but for games like UA3/Astral Chain.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't recall seeing much buzz about Awakening or Fate to be honest.
I remember alot of fans being excited by Fates, then, when the game was out, there was alot of controversy that did bring even more attention to the game.

Won't go into the details here since I'm not a fan of that stuff tbh, but there was definitly alot of buzz going around with Fates.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't recall seeing much buzz about Awakening or Fate to be honest.
The buzz around Awakening is what got me into the series in the first place. Both the demo and initial reviews.

Fates had hype but that bubble burst the moment people actually played the game. SoV, on the other hand, didn't seem nearly as hyped up as those two, which is a shame as it's fantastic.

I'm smelling a new poll title and house wars.

D

Deleted member

Wanna know what makes me upset. Kids in YouTube comment sections.

ironic that im saying that of all people

All their comments just tend to be nonsensical, incorrect, not funny, or add nothing. For example, someone spelled “Whilst” and someone said they pronounced “While” wrong. More just a nitpick but it just- Ugh.

D

Deleted member

Ive only played Fire Emblem on the GBA, Awakening, Fates, and some GameCube one that I remember nothing about. I only liked Awakening. Fates, on the other hand is one of my least favorite games ever

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Wanna know what makes me upset. Kids in YouTube comment sections.

ironic that im saying that of all people

All their comments just tend to be nonsensical, incorrect, not funny, or add nothing. For example, someone spelled “Whilst” and someone said they pronounced “While” wrong. More just a nitpick but it just- Ugh.
The Youtube comment section is the biggest cesspool on the internet, arguably. There are PLENTY of cesspools on the internet, but the youtube comment section is normally the first place people think of when stupidity, salt, trolling, and pointless aggression are all factors to conversation.

It's like a trainwreck: it's horrifying and awful, but you can't help but watch because of how high in magnitude the entire situation is.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Youtube comment section is the biggest cesspool on the internet, arguably. There are PLENTY of cesspools on the internet, but the youtube comment section is normally the first place people think of when stupidity, salt, trolling, and pointless aggression are all factors to conversation.

It's like a trainwreck: it's horrifying and awful, but you can't help but watch because of how high in magnitude the entire situation is.
yeah but you also have connor hangerman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom