• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alternatively, we could default to the classic Evangelion waifu wars, but I feel like most of you wouldn't get it since you haven't watched it.

Personally I'm a Misato kinda guy.

D

Deleted member

Alternatively, we could default to the classic Evangelion waifu wars, but I feel like most of you wouldn't get it since you haven't watched it.

Cool.

I’m honestly out of tune with most of the stuff talked here, so it’s honestly a thing I don’t worry much about.

But yeah, all that FE talk makes me feel more lost than Waldo/Wally.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
I would love to try it if I had the game...
You know, just for answering my post who was the last one on the previous page, you get a hug.
hugghost.gif

I know it must suck, but make sure to know I appriciate your post.

D

Deleted member

Going to my local scene has shown me just how ****ty smash ultimate's online is.
I’m more of an offline player, so I don’t really have a good point of view about the online outside of the 30 minutes I tried it when I got the Mario Tennis Aces demo.

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Cool.

I’m honestly out of tune with most of the stuff talked here, so it’s honestly a thing I don’t worry much about.

But yeah, all that FE talk makes me feel more lost than Waldo/Wally.
Don't know Evangelion?

Got Netflix?

Good. Watch Evangelion. Episodes 1-26 and then End if you wanna get everything.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Today's been great.

Went to do my groceries then went home and bonded playing with my dogs outside in the backyard for an hour before taking one of them to the creek for an half hour and taking a nice dip then got home to play with both of them more.

Then starting tonight I'll be beginning my The Fast and the Furious Marathon to get ready for Hobbs & Shaw next month.

Beginning of a great Summer so far. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't know Evangelion?

Got Netflix?

Good. Watch Evangelion. Episodes 1-26 and then End if you wanna get everything.
I sadly don’t have Netflix either.

But maybe I’ll look it up online, more so after seeing a few reactions to the Netflix dub.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
I’m more of an offline player, so I don’t really have a good point of view about the online outside of the 30 minutes I tried it when I got the Mario Tennis Aces demo.
I'm definitely going to be an offline player from now on. I actually feel like i'm having fun matches and learning when playing with the guys at the local scene. I just wish there were more days that they were open.

D

Deleted member

I think that we are finally at two hours left before the Trophy Girls join Nitro Fueled!!!

Excited to unlock them and Tawna!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Job interview over. It went well, I think. Will have a follow-up interview next week.

I just want Melee to die, because it's the worst community in the Fighting Game community.

The Smash community in general is yikes. That is why I tend to avoid it.
Sweeping statements like this only add fuel to the already raging fire. If you want the Smash community to get better, try focusing on the positives of both Melee and Ultimate and respect what both have brought and bring to the community, respectively. You can like Ultimate more, or you can like Melee more. Perhaps an individual likes both equally. Whatever the case is, great. But, placing a blanket statement on an entire community, when the smash community as a whole is at fault for shady actions (not only the Melee elitists) is hypocrisy and just makes things harder for everyone. Nobody wins.

Besides, you said yourself that the "smash community in general is yikes", so to some level I would hope that you agree that the Melee section of the Smash community is not the only guilty party, even though they're infamous. However, with what you said in your first sentence...who knows other than yourself, right? It feels like a contradiction to one extent or the other.

Either way, wanting an entire game to die just to feel some form of "victory" is tragic, and it just adds more controversy in the long run. So, you can do one of two things... 1.) You can still prefer Ultimate, but at the same time ignore Ultimate haters while also respecting Melee and how it's made a significant impact on Smash's history, and also getting along well with the non-Melee elitists for still appreciating the game for what it is despite it not being your favorite Smash game, OR 2.) You can continue to curse the Melee community and act like they're Satan-spawn, thus only adding fuel to the fire that isn't really necessary.

I'm frankly sick and tired of seeing this "Melee vs. everyone else" debate. What has it helped? That's right...nothing.

Part of me wants to believe that the attitude will change, but I know that won't happen. I'm too cynical to believe that the Smash community will EVER get significantly better in attitude, even though I want to fight against the divides within the community.

Going to my local scene has shown me just how ****ty smash ultimate's online is.
Lag sucks, yeah. I much rather prefer local play because combos and recovery don't get messed up. I entered in an online tournament the other day, and while practicing for it online, the lag screwed up my recovery multiple times. It was awful. Thankfully, I didn't have any lag blunders in bracket. My losses were due to the other player simply being better, 100%.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Job interview over. It went well, I think. Will have a follow-up interview next week.

Sweeping statements like this only add fuel to the already raging fire. If you want the Smash community to get better, try focusing on the positives of both Melee and Ultimate and respect what both have brought and bring to the community, respectively. You can like Ultimate more, or you can like Melee more. Perhaps an individual likes both equally. Whatever the case is, great. But, placing a blanket statement on an entire community, when the smash community as a whole is at fault for shady actions (not only the Melee elitists) is hypocrisy and just makes things harder for everyone. Nobody wins.

Besides, you said yourself that the "smash community in general is yikes", so to some level I would hope that you agree that the Melee section of the Smash community is not the only guilty party, even though they're infamous. However, with what you said in your first sentence...who knows other than yourself, right? It feels like a contradiction to one extent or the other.

Either way, wanting an entire game to die just to feel some form of "victory" is tragic, and it just adds more controversy in the long run. So, you can do one of two things... 1.) You can still prefer Ultimate, but at the same time ignore Ultimate haters while also respecting Melee and how it's made a significant impact on Smash's history, and also getting along well with the non-Melee elitists for still appreciating the game for what it is despite it not being your favorite Smash game, OR 2.) You can continue to curse the Melee community and act like they're Satan-spawn, thus only adding fuel to the fire that isn't really necessary.

I'm frankly sick and tired of seeing this "Melee vs. everyone else" debate. What has it helped? That's right...nothing.

Part of me wants to believe that the attitude will change, but I know that won't happen. I'm too cynical to believe that the Smash community will EVER get significantly better in attitude, even though I want to fight against the divides within the community.

Lag sucks, yeah. I much rather prefer local play because combos and recovery don't get messed up. I entered in an online tournament the other day, and while practicing for it online, the lag screwed up my recovery multiple times. It was awful. Thankfully, I didn't have any lag blunders in bracket. My losses were due to the other player simply being better, 100%.
Its not even just the lag that makes me seethe when playing Ultimate online. Everything about it is just rageinducing and trash. Pointfiends 1 and doneing you in quickplay, not able to match with stable connections, arena not letting you to go to the css without jumping out of the queue.
If I didn't start going to locals last month i was close to just dropping the game.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Its not even just the lag that makes me seethe when playing Ultimate online. Everything about it is just rageinducing and trash. Pointfiends 1 and doneing you in quickplay, not able to match with stable connections, arena not letting you to go to the css without jumping out of the queue.
If I didn't start going to locals last month i was close to just dropping the game.
I feel that.

One way that I've been able to *relatively* deal with it is finding Smash friend connections through discord. A friend I got close with invited me to his discord, and after testing matches with him and his peers, I was able to narrow it down to people with consistent connections and people with inconsistent connections. Ofc, I spar with people that are consistent in their connection. And, concerning finding people to play with...if you're able to find a discord community to play smash on, it helps because you aren't rolling the dice for a respectful opponent every time you open up a new arena.

Hopefully those suggestions help you.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully people ask me a lot of things when my AMA starts.

I would love to answer stuff I feel confident enough to talk about.

D

Deleted member

Hey, you have a great taste!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, I finally posted my level!

Revenge Against The Moon!

MBR-26S-DLF

Give it a play if you can, it's my first stage since a loooooong time, so don't expect anything crazy, but I think you still find it interesting.

Tagging Gyrom8 Gyrom8 ,@Taylor F , King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy & Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , not sure if some of you have the game, but better be safe than sorry.

D

Deleted member

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
I feel that.

One way that I've been able to *relatively* deal with it is finding Smash friend connections through discord. A friend I got close with invited me to his discord, and after testing matches with him and his peers, I was able to narrow it down to people with consistent connections and people with inconsistent connections. Ofc, I spar with people that are consistent in their connection. And, concerning finding people to play with...if you're able to find a discord community to play smash on, it helps because you aren't rolling the dice for a respectful opponent every time you open up a new arena.

Hopefully those suggestions help you.
Guess I'll try to find a discord server to play with. I just dislike having to use outside resources to find good matches. This is the only game where I've run into this problem.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Guess I'll try to find a discord server to play with. I just dislike having to use outside resources to find good matches. This is the only game where I've run into this problem.
I get that. On the upside, it could help you in the long run. Finding a community will be more beneficial in the long run for practice rather than just playing against randos online all day.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Your level is fun! I liked it.
You already finish it?

I mean, it isn't a big level or anything, but wow.

In fact, the game is telling me nobody done it, or even tried the level.

Guess it must be a glitch or something...right?

D

Deleted member

You already finish it?

I mean, it isn't a big level or anything, but wow.

In fact, the game is telling me nobody done it, or even tried the level.

Guess it must be a glitch or something...right?
I just liked it. I never finished it, though. I am trying it right now.
Edit: I finished it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think that we are finally at two hours left before the Trophy Girls join Nitro Fueled!!!

Excited to unlock them and Tawna!
Looking forward to seeing them in action for real.
Alright, I finally posted my level!

Revenge Against The Moon!

MBR-26S-DLF

Give it a play if you can, it's my first stage since a loooooong time, so don't expect anything crazy, but I think you still find it interesting.

Tagging Gyrom8 Gyrom8 ,@Taylor F , King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy & Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , not sure if some of you have the game, but better be safe than sorry.
I'mma give your level a try, and you can't stop me.

Here are my levels, by the way.

The Mole Woods: VDD-FVJ-X4G
Cold Hard Crash: FHR-2P8-DMG
Sarasaland Super Ball Challenge: 9RB-9W7-8TG

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just liked it. I never finished it, though. I am trying it right now.
not amused joker.jpg

Shiny, you don't like a level just because it's from someone you like, it mean nothing to me if you didn't even try to beat before giving it a cool.
Looking forward to seeing them in action for real.

I'mma give your level a try, and you can't stop me.

Here are my levels, by the way.

The Mole Woods: VDD-FVJ-X4G
Cold Hard Crash: FHR-2P8-DMG
Sarasaland Super Ball Challenge: 9RB-9W7-8TG
Saving those levels ID for tomorrow.

And I won't stop you, 'cuz I like peoples playing my level. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I beat it, and I liked it. I promise I actually liked the level.
Then keep that in mind for the future: don't like my levels unless you beated them or you played them enough that, while you can't beat it, you still find it a cool level.
867.gif

OK?
Just beat it.

...Yes, I know.

I liked it. :D
Heyyyy, glad you did.

Think you can say what you liked about it? Could help me for the future levels.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Heyyyy, glad you did.

Think you can say what you liked about it? Could help me for the future levels.
I just liked the acrobatics and difficulty level of it (as in, while it wasn't easy, it certainly wasn't hard either, the difficulty level was just right).

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wario Bros. Wario Bros. You were talking about wanting modded characters in yesterday, right? I had an idea for one.

This should have happened already.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just liked the acrobatics and difficulty level of it (as in, while it wasn't easy, it certainly wasn't hard either, the difficulty level was just right).
8e3.gif

Thanks for the feedback, I also give one of your level a try, it was simple but really fun!

D

Deleted member

20 years

Tried out Mario Make's online. I see what Nintendo's plan is. They're making every game's online progressively worse so that we appreciate Ultimate's online more. Very clever.
Seriously though, this feels borderline unplayable half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom