• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Oh dang, my 360 works! Now I can play Banjo Kazooie and see if it’s as good as people say!
Good luck! Luckily the 360 version fixed some of the issues of the original, going from Nintendo Hard, to manageable. I just have to tune out during the changes they made at the end. :rotfl:

Still deciding between $60 for BK and BT replacement carts on N64, $60 for an Xbox 360 replacement, or waiting for port/remaster on Switch...

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'm gonna go with July/August for Hero and September/October for Banjo, while last two reveals occur simultaneously somewhere around October/November in a dedicated Smash Direct, with releases scheduled for December and February.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Day 2 of the Dahlia/KOS-MOS grind. Only got (some NG+ Spoiler blade) after wading through 20 Legendary Crystals worth of trash

Using boosters and 999 luck Zeke still

I FEEL LIKE I’M LOSING MY MIND. HOW THE **** DO PPL GET THOSE SOONER?????

D

Deleted member

For anyone who wants a nice and short indie game similar to Super Meat Boy, I recommend Katana Zero.

It's one of those simple platformers where you're a samurai who has to kill everybody on screen but you die in one hit. The gimmick is that you can slow down time for a bit to give yourself a strategic advantage.

That's as simple as I can make it without spoiling much. It's simple, fun, accessible, and gives you something to think about. It's not kid friendly though. Substance abuse and murder are fairly big themes, and the only reason it can get away with it is because of the (well done) pixel presentation.

If that wont get in the way--and it didn't get in the way for me, then I think it's a good way to kill an evening. It's on the eshop for $15.

Oh yeah, it also has a ******** soundtrack.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For anyone who wants a nice and short indie game similar to Super Meat Boy, I recommend Katana Zero.

It's one of those simple platformers where you're a samurai who has to kill everybody on screen but you die in one hit. The gimmick is that you can slow down time for a bit to give yourself a strategic advantage.

That's as simple as I can make it without spoiling much. It's simple, fun, accessible, and gives you something to think about. It's not kid friendly though. Substance abuse and murder are fairly big themes, and the only reason it can get away with it is because of the (well done) pixel presentation.

If that wont get in the way--and it didn't get in the way for me, then I think it's a good way to kill an evening. It's on the eshop for $15.

I didnt play it but hnnng Katana Zero liiks good

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh dang, my 360 works! Now I can play Banjo Kazooie and see if it’s as good as people say!
You’re in for a great time Noipoi! You should give us your detailed thoughts at the end. Sign me up for Banoi-Kazoopoi!

Good luck! Luckily the 360 version fixed some of the issues of the original, going from Nintendo Hard, to manageable. I just have to tune out during the changes they made at the end. :rotfl:

Still deciding between $60 for BK and BT replacement carts on N64, $60 for an Xbox 360 replacement, or waiting for port/remaster on Switch...
I certainly hope we get N. Sane/Reignited/Nitro Fuled Style remakes. I would love it if hey launched on Switch along with a DK64 Remake so we can have proper stop n swap as originally intended.

Then they follow it up with Diddy Kong Racing Banana-Rama Edition!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still here almost a month on trying to comprehend that this
Screenshot_20190630-172906_YouTube.jpg
Is an official screenshot from a video game

D

Deleted member

I'm still here almost a month on trying to comprehend that this
Is an official screenshot from a video game
We all thought the newcomer hype ended on a fizzle after Piranha Plant and Incineroar, but then Sakurai snapped his fingers on the seventh day and gave us three well respected gaming icons--one of them being Banjo & Kazooie.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We all thought the newcomer hype ended on a fizzle after Piranha Plant and Incineroar, but then Sakurai snapped his fingers on the seventh day and gave us three well respected gaming icons--one of them being Banjo & Kazooie.
We thought ‘Roar and Plant were the end.

Oh no, they were just the beginning.

Well more like the middle but, y’know...

D

Deleted member

We thought ‘Roar and Plant were the end.

Oh no, they were just the beginning.

Well more like the middle but, y’know...
And even after that, people were singing ill omens about the DLC because of controversy surrounding Erdrick and Minecraft.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
im more on the team that yu is more "iconic" than joker

then again i dont really see persona itself as iconic, but this little ****** is just bonkers

1561943330252.png

i love that smiley face on that cap, it's adorable

D

Deleted member

then again i dont really see persona itself as iconic, but this little ****** is just bonkers

View attachment 229686

I'm not saying which series are more iconic than the rest, but that Persona is well known, especially after how well received Persona 5 was. If I were arguing icons, then Master Chief was gonna get in over Banjo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not saying which series are more iconic than the rest, but that Persona is well known, especially after how well received Persona 5 was. If I were arguing icons, then Master Chief was gonna get in over Banjo.
Implying the virgin master chief is more iconic than the chad voodoo vince

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if we're talkin about sega characters who are masters of crime i dont want bootleg giorno, give me kiryu or give me death

id post that gif where kiryu slams a table and spends like 15 seconds leaving a room but i cant find it

D

Deleted member

if we're talkin about sega characters who are masters of crime i dont want bootleg giorno, give me kiryu or give me death

id post that gif where kiryu slams a table and spends like 15 seconds leaving a room but i cant find it

Whatever you say, mate.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

View attachment 229686

Yu’s only even comparably iconic because he had half a decade to star in everything they made Persona related whereas Joker has only been out for two years and is just now starting to get into his prime.

Persona 5 is the best selling Persona game and will be the new face of the franchise for the next 5+ years. Plus, despite the positive reaction, Persona 4 pales in comparison to how universally beloved 5 has been and will continue to be.

Joker was the right choice by a mile.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yu’s only even comparably iconic because he had half a decade to star in everything they made Persona related whereas Joker has only been out for two years and is just now starting to get into his prime.

Persona 5 is the best selling Persona game and will be the new face of the franchise for the next 5+ years. Plus, despite the positive reaction, Persona 4 pales in comparison to how universally beloved 5 has been and will continue to be.

Joker’s more interesting aesthetically than Minato or Yu too

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I tend to agree. Plus, now that he’s in Smash, he’s probably going to remain iconic for decades to come.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does Shazam! come out so soon? Awesome! That has been one of the few movies in recent memory that I actually missed seeing in theaters. I was just busy with my last semester of college and got caught up in everything, kept putting it off until it was just too late. Really need to see it.

And, yes, I only watched Godzilla last week, but I already would love to see it again.
Yep. It comes out July 16th. A Tuesday as usual for any movie coming out on disc.

Its an experience you wouldn't regret. A great take on the golden age of superheroes and lots of light-hearted fun. I'm of the unpopular opinion that I actually liked it even more then Endgame.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yu would only seem more iconic because of there being nearly a decade of Persona 4 content. P5 smashes 4 in sales, it’s not even close, and the P5 spin-offs are only getting started, the fandom will explode even more after Royal.

Potato_

Smash Lord

walk up to Sakurai like

7.99 canadian dollars to be exact

how the hell did he not make it into Tekken 7

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh wow, I keep forgetting there are people who havent played FF7 despite it being more than 20 years old at this point lol.

Alright, let's see, I'm sure I can guess at where you're at, so here goes:
If you already have gotten Cloud back, with memories, and have 3 Huge Materia, that means the one you likely just finished getting was the Junon Underwater Reactor one. The first two would have been Corel & Fort Condor (both of those are done without Cloud and the story forces you to go 'check on him & Tifa' afterward before attempting the 3rd). If you're not sure where to go next, you either missed the conversation for it, or you haven't actually gotten the 3rd Huge Materia yet. After the Underwater Reactor and sinking the Red Submarine holding it, you actually have to go back underwater to find the downed sub; that's how you actually get it and then the story will tell you where the last one is. There are other things to explore down there, so you can go straight for the Sub or drive the sub around to explore a bit; Careful though; it can be dangerous).

After you go for the 4th Huge Materia, there's one last major area to go to (revisit) before the end of the 2nd disc. The 3rd Disc is entirely for optional stuff and the Final Dungeon, so depending on how much running around and leveling you want to do, you can either take on the final dungeon right at the start of Disc 3 (it's a fairly deep dungeon, so I'd say about an hour to get through and then the Final Boss segment) or do some optional quests like Chocobo Breeding or optional Dungeons for leveling, Materia, and Gear.

That covers where you are and what you've got left.

As for Omnislash, the only place to get it is the Colosseum in Gold Saucer. Unfortunately, with as far as you are, it's a bit more difficult. I actually try to get it as early as possible since the enemy possibilities within the arena are much easier to deal with than later on. Your best bet when doing the slots going to the next battle is to always land on something Materia related; that's what drives the score up the most. Personally, I tend to use a lot of Command (Yellow) materia like 2x Cut, Slash All, or Enemy Skill or 'Independent' (Pink) materia and little else; that way I can 'disable' Green, Blue, Red, or Pink materia and get the good points for it without impacting Cloud too badly.

One of the best setups to use, from personal experience, is having the Long Range materia equipped (makes it so you do the same damage from back row, meaning enemies will do less to you since you're 'further back'), Counterattack materia leveled up as much as possible (I think maxed gives you like an 80% chance of counterattack), and Destruct Materia + Added Effect; this gives your weapon the chance to Auto-Kill on contact (so each hit and each counter hit have the chance to cause Instant Death). That particular materia also has DeSpell on it if I'm not mistaken, so it can also cause your strikes to destroy Barrier & MBarrier as well. You may also want to have 'Ribbon' equipped since there are some enemies that will ruin your run instantly thanks to status effects like Frog, Berserk, Slow & Poison, etc.

Other than that, late game Gold Saucer Colosseum is kind of luck based in a way. You need double the points now than if you had attempted it in Disc 1; I believe it should be 32,000 for you now along with fighting MUCH harder enemies (like Malboro, Tonberry, or the damn dirty run-ending Mosquitoes) as oppossed to being 16,000 in Disc 1 and facing an either an Ochu or Sand Worm in the final match as the only things that could be qualified as 'difficult'.

Oh, and keep in mind: BP earned from the Arena will disappear if and when you exit the arena, meaning any BP you have leftover is GONE. You have to do the whole run at ONCE; you can't leave and stockpile BP. Omnislash is one of the best Limits in the game (Just behind Final Gospel and one other in my opinion) since the damage count is so high; it's meant to be one of the Hardest limit breaks to earn.
Thanks! I've made it to the start of what was originally disc 3, so now I just have sidequests left as far as I know. I don't know if I'm going to bother with Chocobo breeding - I know it's needed to get one of the two remaining Summon materia that I don't have, but it just seems like it would take up a lot of time, seems like it would rely heavily on random chance, and I barely even know how to capture a Chocobo, let alone how to do anything else with them.

Is there an easy way to earn GP at the Gold Saucer? I'm probably going to need a lot of it; the arm wrestling game is reliable, but I only get 2 GP per attempt, so that's going to take ages for me to get enough GP out of it to earn Omnislash.

Also, what's a good way to boost a character's defense? I briefly tried the final dungeon, and the enemies are taking off a good chunk of Cloud's health per hit. Maybe I'm underleveled, but I beat the boss at the end of disc two with barely any effort, so I don't think that would be it. (my characters are all in the early to mid fifties, I think)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Every new Joker main on Quickplay:

I didn't know persona existed before p5 came out
Hm.

@Onereasonanddone Is this game as good as you were saying months ago. I personally don't mind difficulty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom