• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Little late for the anime talk, (because I was binging an anime ironically). Was watching My Life as a Villainess which was ok.

I have about my four usual recommendations but I want to change it up.

Gate (24 episodes but I'd recommend watch about 2/3 of it),
Zombieland Saga (Pretty funny)
Princess Connect (basically Konosuba with food),
Angel Beats (Not bad but felt a bit lost at the end)
Non Non Biyori Season 1 (if you liked Laid Back Camp)
Pretty late to the party, but I just wanna say Angel Beats is a 10/10 just for TK alone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They have done competitions before where people had to vote between three mobs, and the winner got added in an earlier update, while the rest will be added in a later update.
Didn't they just say the other two won't make it into the game

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Yeah, no, I don't quite get Jiggypuff or Popo's places.
Puff - No projectile, limited range, requires edgeguards or Rest confirms to get early kills, which are unreliable. Bad disadvantage due to being light and floaty, dies surprisingly early because of being so light, has a lot of rough matchups. The hype after Puff got buffed didn't lead to anywhere, results-wise.
Icies - Have a lacking neutral and moves that are broken in the bad way. They're strong with desynchs, but those are unreliable. Nana AI can be very detrimental, including ruining their recovery.

D

Deleted member

Didn't they just say the other two won't make it into the game
NGL That would be a huge waste to just......... scrap the other two mobs that had time and effort spent on developing them just because they didn’t win a fricking Twitter poll.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
NGL That would be a huge waste to just......... scrap the other two mobs that had time and effort spent on developing them just because they didn’t win a fricking Twitter poll.
They at least live on in the spin-offs. They all came from the spin-offs first if memory serves right.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So how is everyone this morning?

I'm doing pretty fairly well. Gonna play and walk my dogs eventually after I relax a bit.
It’s night time here. I’m in bed already after cleaning the house and doing dishes. My oldest daughter starts kindergarten tomorrow so that’s exciting. She’s a bit late but better late than never. So she’s excited about it. We got confirmation this morning that my wife’s visa application to America has been approved so now we have to pay even more money, do more paperwork, and submit it to the NVC so we can have an immigration interview.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I have Season 20 of my Lost Tapes listed.

Van Meter Visitor
Pressie
Gremlins
Wood Booger
Kentucky Wolfman (Beast of the Land Between the Lakes)
Marine Lion
Rusalki
Vampire Bug (Adze)
Queensland Tiger
Leviathan

Got premises for almost all of them. Just gotta think of ones for Van Meter Visitor, Gremlins, and Kentucky Wolfman which I already have some ideas just don't know what to go with. Decided to also move Maltese Tiger to Season 21.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the minecraft wiki

the other guys from the 2017 mob vote aren't in the game either, by the way
Oh damn, the Iceologer would have been cool. The illagers are quite interesting mobs.

Shame, but it is what it is. Hopefully the glow squid turns out to be cool.

D

Deleted member

Will Will
If the fan demand is high enough, do you think they will add the Iceologer in a future update that isn't 1.17?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Will Will
If the fan demand is high enough, do you think they will add the Iceologer in a future update that isn't 1.17?
I'm not very sure, all three of the creatures from the mob votes are, again, from the spin-offs originally like Earth/Dungeons. It's likely that they'll remain in those spinoff games until the end of time unless the demand outcry is so high like the cave update demands.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. So apparently my PS2 and the HDMI extender i was using with it somehow... i don't know... damaged? the input on my Roku TV. On that specific input the picture is way blurry, loads in at a really small aspect ratio unless I change the settings on the hooked up device, and has no sound. I'm just confused and I have no idea what to do. And I can't call their customer support line because they don't have one anymore thanks to covid. Anyone have any ideas? I tried unplugging and replugging and that didn't work.

D

Deleted member

I'm not very sure, all three of the creatures from the mob votes are, again, from the spin-offs originally like Earth/Dungeons. It's likely that they'll remain in those spinoff games until the end of time unless the demand outcry is so high like the cave update demands.
At the end of a day, it is a Minecraft mob. I shouldn't care about it too much.

Hopefully the Glow Squid is quite interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finally came up with a premise for Kentucky Wolfman (Beast of the Land Between the Lakes).

Now just gotta find ones for Van Meter Visitor and Gremlins.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Seriously Roku. I know about COVID? But you really can't let people answer customer support questions from home? You are selling people a product that is somewhat complicated to work and lots of things can go wrong that an average person won't know how to fix or even adequately describe to an online chat or email and that sometimes people need resolutions quickly and immediately and they can't wait a day for your email to get back or YEARS for an answer to pop up in a forum by sheer luck. Sometimes people need the immediate assistance talking to a real person on the phone brings. So answer my call and help me fix my problem!

D

Deleted member

Apparently people are mad at Dream, because people claim he rigged the election in the Glow Squid's favor. Thoughts?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Apparently people are mad at Dream, because people claim he rigged the election in the Glow Squid's favor. Thoughts?
I didn’t see the context above this and thought it was coded talk about the US presidential election and I got really nervous until I scrolled up. few Dodged that bullet.
It's like people getting mad at Steve getting in Smash because it wasn't what they wanted. Like, how ridiculous is th- oh.
:glare:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just finished Mega man ZXA.
75-pic_stare.png

These cliffhanger endings are the exact reason why I like the Mega man RPG's better, they knew how to end.

Also the first ZX was way better.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like I'm missing a lot of context behind this (who Dream is, for example; I know this is Minecraft-related, though), but it doesn't surprise me; people still claim that the Smash Ballot was rigged in Bayonetta's favour five years later. People can be surprisingly stubborn about this sort of thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a message for Steve haters.

Look, you can dislike Steve and Minecraft. It is your opinion at the end of the day, no one but you can change that.

However, saying that "Character X would have been far better for Smash than Steve!!!" is ridiculous.

The only games that rival Minecraft in terms of popularity and iconicness is probably League of Legends and Grand Theft Auto V. Games like Among Us, PUBG, and Fortnite are contenders right now, but they weren't even released in 2015, when Steve was apparently in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom