• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
@ShinyLegendary Will Will This is what Agnes said about the losing mobs:

So there’s still a possibility they won’t get in, but they’re at least better off than the losing mobs of 2017. Still wish they did it like the biome votes though, where the losing ones just come later.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
where they at tho
twitter and youtube comments like the rest of the salt

So there’s still a possibility they won’t get in, but they’re at least better off than the losing mobs of 2017. Still wish they did it like the biome votes though, where the losing ones just come later.
Cool. I still want those 2017 mobs though, those were cool as ****

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given how big Minecraft is I'm surprised Steve even has haters. Does it have to do with his appearance and design which people tend to overlook his versatile moveset?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just finished Mega man ZXA.
View attachment 288458
These cliffhanger endings are the exact reason why I like the Mega man RPG's better, they knew how to end.

Also the first ZX was way better.
Hey, the Zero series knew when to end, sure ZX is a sequel, but that's another sub-series, so if you want, you can keep the lore up to Zero.

Not that I dislike ZX series, still gotta play it myself in fact, and yeah, sequel hook suck when the series is guaranted to not continue for the time being. (Thank god DMC didn't have this fate)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know I sound like a broken record, but man, I am still fascinated that Steve actually made it in Smash.

I never believed he would be in. The post-Banjo arguments against Steve were quite annoying, and I am glad they were proven wrong.

D

Deleted member

I know I sound like a broken record, but man, I am still fascinated that Steve actually made it in Smash.

I never believed he would be in. The post-Banjo arguments against Steve were quite annoying, and I am glad they were proven wrong.
Deep mood too Shiny.

I was also really glad when the Banjo and Artorias supporters who constantly sent me death threads through Discord PMs and kept harassing me for liking DQ ended up being completely on the wrong when they ended up adding the DQ8 Hero as I was hoping.

You should totally feel free to celebrate this success as much as you want, you earned It.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, anyone got an idea why that Call of Duty Black Ops meme got big suddenly? The one with JFK, Nixon and Castro?

I dunno why I find it funny, maybe it's the voice acting. 🤔
It's just a meme, ****. Sit down.

Edit: man, this meme doesn't do well when the alternative name for Richard is censored. XT

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
OK. So apparently my PS2 and the HDMI extender i was using with it somehow... i don't know... damaged? the input on my Roku TV. On that specific input the picture is way blurry, loads in at a really small aspect ratio unless I change the settings on the hooked up device, and has no sound. I'm just confused and I have no idea what to do. And I can't call their customer support line because they don't have one anymore thanks to covid. Anyone have any ideas? I tried unplugging and replugging and that didn't work.
Do any of the pins look physically damaged or dirty? bent? check the male and female side. I'd also recommend blowing canned air into the port if you have some.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Given how big Minecraft is I'm surprised Steve even has haters. Does it have to do with his appearance and design which people tend to overlook his versatile moveset?
Part of that seems to be it (people seem weirdly obsessed about what "fits" or "doesn't fit" in Smash, a game which started out with Kirby, Fox, and Captain Falcon, and went on to include Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Solid Snake, and Joker), but I think most of it is because it's not the game that they grew up with and people can be close-minded about character speculation. (or they're worried that it will somehow lead to Fortnite Jonesy, the Neighbour from Hello Neighbour, and Freddy Fazbear being included)

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I'll be honest, I don't think minecraft really breaks the 'visual cohesiveness'; I don't think 4 or ultimate really tried much to make every character look like they fit into the same artstyle. It's a mess, but not one I'm bothered by that much. Brawl really tries to make everyone fit in some ways, and I both appreciate and don't appreciate it in different ways there.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Part of that seems to be it (people seem weirdly obsessed about what "fits" or "doesn't fit" in Smash, a game which started out with Kirby, Fox, and Captain Falcon, and went on to include Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Solid Snake, and Joker), but I think most of it is because it's not the game that they grew up with and people can be close-minded about what "should" or "shouldn't" be in Smash. (or they're worried that it will somehow lead to Fortnite Jonesy, the Neighbour from Hello Neighbour, and Freddy Fazbear being included)
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that people don't seem to want a character from a YouTube sensation. That's what I've gathered anyway. Frankly, whereas games like Bendy And The Ink Machine, Hello Neighbor, and FNAF had their time to shine before simmering down, Minecraft has been a staple in the gaming scene for years. That's the difference if you ask me.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, this whole Chinese class has been a trainwreck so far.

Not because of the teacher or the students, but because we are getting so many technical diffuculties we don't know or even are able to hear anything.

This is pure chaos.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hey, the Zero series knew when to end, sure ZX is a sequel, but that's another sub-series, so if you want, you can keep the lore up to Zero.

Not that I dislike ZX series, still gotta play it myself in fact, and yeah, sequel hook suck when the series is guaranted to not continue for the time being. (Thank god DMC didn't have this fate)
My biggest issue with ZXA is that it felt like it was building up to something, the sequel hook is building up to something but there's absolutely no payoff for it.

I can at least look at the first game as a self contained narrative, that the world is finally healing after the apocalyptic events of the X and zero games and that even after the deaths of the maverick hunters we know and love there will always be a hero who rises up when the world is in danger.

It makes a good epilogue to the Zero games.

D

Deleted member

Woah, that Chinese class... It didn't go really well.

On the bright side It didn't go bad because of me and we finally got to join another server (Zoom) which seems to work better, so something good came out of It

I need some good minutes to relax my mind.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My biggest issue with ZXA is that it felt like it was building up to something, the sequel hook is building up to something but there's absolutely no payoff for it.

I can at least look at the first game as a self contained narrative, that the world is finally healing after the apocalyptic events of the X and zero games and that even after the deaths of the maverick hunters we know and love there will always be a hero who rises up when the world is in danger.

It makes a good epilogue to the Zero games.
That's a problems with alot sequel hooks ending in general sadly. Which is why I'm glad the Zero series doesn't end on a cliffhanger ending for the next game, it's open enough to have a sequel happen - and it did - but it also end well enough for some peoples to stop here if they want.

Tho while I haven't played the games, I heard the sequel hooks for Legends 2 is like, so much worse all around. The X series also end on a new plot threat that hasn't been continued since X8 ( what's inside Axel head after Luminos attack him), and it make you wonder if it ever get resolve, or end up in the trash like the plot point about Wily being back to life if what Final Sigma say in X5 is true, but end up getting nowhere after that game.

Really, Capcom really shooted themselves in the foot with all those unsolved storylines.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Honestly the reason why I didn't want Steve is Smash was just I couldn't see how would he have worked. Then Sakurai proves me wrong beautifully. Does it change my view of Minecraft? Not really.

Regardless of my views I wanted Minecraft representation in Smash because of how big the game is and it would have been odd on Nintendo's behalf without. It was beyond perfect for stage representation and they delivered that in spades.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that people don't seem to want a character from a YouTube sensation. That's what I've gathered anyway. Frankly, whereas games like Bendy And The Ink Machine, Hello Neighbor, and FNAF had their time to shine before simmering down, Minecraft has been a staple in the gaming scene for years. That's the difference if you ask me.
That's pretty much a view I can see it as to why some are so opposed to Minecraft. To some people they don't want Smash to be associated with those "YouTube loud cringe channels" where it's over the top and such. Difference between them and Minecraft is the latter is a cultural phenomenon right up there with yes, Pokemon and Mario in gaming in a way.

Luig

Confused
That's pretty much a view I can see it as to why some are so opposed to Minecraft. To some people they don't want Smash to be associated with those "YouTube loud cringe channels" where it's over the top and such. Difference between them and Minecraft is the latter is a cultural phenomenon right up there with yes, Pokemon and Mario in gaming in a way.
I totally agree with you, but idk bout u, every time i take an L as steve I'm gonna start screaming out Fallen Kingdom

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly the reason why I didn't want Steve is Smash was just I couldn't see how would he have worked. Then Sakurai proves me wrong beautifully. Does it change my view of Minecraft? Not really.

Regardless of my views I wanted Minecraft representation in Smash because of how big the game is and it would have been odd on Nintendo's behalf without. It was beyond perfect for stage representation and they delivered that in spades.

Ironically that’s what makes me (and possibly others) even more against Minecraft in general. When you don’t get the point of something or see the appeal, and then all of the sudden it blows up and becomes massively popular, you just get confused and belligerent.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I have a message for Steve haters.

Look, you can dislike Steve and Minecraft. It is your opinion at the end of the day, no one but you can change that.

However, saying that "Character X would have been far better for Smash than Steve!!!" is ridiculous.

The only games that rival Minecraft in terms of popularity and iconicness is probably League of Legends and Grand Theft Auto V. Games like Among Us, PUBG, and Fortnite are contenders right now, but they weren't even released in 2015, when Steve was apparently in the works.
I doubt we'll get those, maybe LoL but that feels like a bit of a longshot, at least for this pass. In terms of fighters, anyway. They might be pretty likely as spirits or Mii costumes, and as far as future Smash games go, it remains to be seen. We could have a lot of strong contenders for fighters once Smash 6 rolls around, even moreso than now. Point is, I don't think this will be a slippery slope that means we'll get Jonsey or whatever. At least not anytime soon, and in the interim, we'll get plenty of characters the Smash fanbase will love. The current pass will not be filled with any of these.

And Minecraft just has way more going for it than those games do. Not trying to knock those games, they're good in their own right. But Minecraft is literally king when it comes to popularity, has insane potential for the things you can create, or survival mode if you prefer to play that way. Additionally, Steve had way more moveset potential than any other character, not just the ones mentioned in this post. Obviously any character has moveset potential, but after I gave it some thought, it was clear to me that mining and crafting would open a plethora of options for Steve. And then we saw his moveset and that's exactly what happened.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Steve, lol.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ironically that’s what makes me (and possibly others) even more against Minecraft in general. When you don’t get the point of something or see the appeal, and then all of the sudden it blows up and becomes massively popular, you just get confused and belligerent.
I mean I see that with a lot of things I don't like but what can I do? Nothing really. Can't exactly go to the top of the world, hack into every screen and tell people to stop playing Fortnite or Minecraft. Not that I hate both but just saying.

It's understandable to get confused with interests you don't like but you gotta make the most of it. I'm happy with my interests and people are happy with theirs. Numbers of people don't really mean much if you enjoy it on your own or people you know at least.

And if you have a friend with the same interests than you then it works out better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom