• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Of course, I died again. I tried creating a home, but some zombies ganged up on me.
2020-10-04_09.14.15.png

I have posted about this so many times, that when I am succesful and I get decent armor, I will talk more about my Hardcore deaths.

:skull:

I still can't believe this is real.

No way they're putting Steve in Smash.
This is exactly how I feel. Before Steve was revealed, I doubted he would even be a Mii Costume.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This is coming from a person who doesn't play Minecraft and someone who doesn't particularly care about Steve. But am I the only one who's just not that surprised that he was added to Smash?

Pretty much since Cloud was added it was like the point when I thought nearly anyone has a chance, and even moreso after Banjo was added.

It pretty much comes down to who gets the nod and not just who is likely/deserves to be added.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This is coming from a person who doesn't play Minecraft and someone who doesn't particularly care about Steve. But am I the only one who's just not that surprised that he was added to Smash?

Pretty much since Cloud was added it was like the point when I thought nearly anyone has a chance, and even moreso after Banjo was added.
I mean, im hindsight, yeah, his inclusion shouldn't be surprising, he was inevitable after all, but people kept insisting he was gonna be a Mii Costume for reason X, Y, and Z. And well, I kinda succumbed to that mindset that he'll be a Mii costume.

Ironically, it was after Banjo got in which made people believe he was gonna be a Mii Costume, because 2 Microsoft characters? Pushing it.

D

Deleted member

It pretty much comes down to who gets the nod and not just who is likely/deserves to be added.
Nah, I'm not surprised at all either.

I'm happy he wasn't leaked until the last minute because It felt like a genuine surprise, but at the same time I always felt he had a really fair shot like most picks.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean, im hindsight, yeah, his inclusion shouldn't be surprising, he was inevitable after all, but people kept insisting he was gonna be a Mii Costume for reason X, Y, and Z. And well, I kinda succumbed to that mindset that he'll be a Mii costume.

Ironically, it was after Banjo got in which made people believe he was gonna be a Mii Costume, because 2 Microsoft characters? Pushing it.
Hindsight is 20/20 but even still it's like "Oh Steve's in. Guess that makes sense. Wonder who's next?"

Of course a few years ago it would've been a different story but I guess because Steve fans feel a similar excitement that I've felt when Cloud was added I've basically been desensitized to these 'surprise' picks going forward. Of course some characters like Joker caught me off guard but that's simply because I didn't think they'd go with him out of all the characters rather than him being an impossibility.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finally got Swordmaster at level 3 & got Doppleganger too.

Think I'm going to upgrade Trickster & maybe Royal Guard before I finish the game, but we see. Also, my poor fingers & brain suffer everytime I try a crazy combo, like the timing for mashing X/A is really weird & not intuitive at time, though I wonder if that's a "me" problem or not. If anyone here know/played the game, let me know if it's hard for you too.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I am confused about these choices too random Twitter user.
I assume it's for this reason:

Can't have Smash Bros. (or other E to T rated games) promoting M-rated games to kids, after all!

...having kids gamble with lootboxes is totally fine, though.

D

Deleted member

So would this mean this will happen to characters like Dante, 2B, Doomguy, etc. if they made the cut?
Idk.

But It would be odd as hell for Americans if we do end up getting Gordon Freeman and they spent the entire presentation without name dropping Half Life purposefully.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So would this mean this will happen to characters like Dante, 2B, Doomguy, etc. if they made the cut?
Maybe they'd have a disclaimer at the start? I know that Bounty Battle specifically mentions games with higher ratings that were shown in its trailers...

...so maybe it will start with "some featured games are rated Mature by the ESRB", not specifically mentioning which ones to avoid giving away the surprise.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I am confused about these choices too random Twitter user.
I don’t know why but it’s some new rule they made which made them go back and censor the marketing of FP1 as well.
We actually have the answer for this.

Before this rule passed, FP one had all the logs displayed in advertising. After though it removing all logos because they had to remove the persona logo due to it being M rated.

All presentations also got and E10 rating because of Jokers inclusion on the pass and mii costume of M rated games.

The exact same thing is happening with FP2.

Meaning we are more then likely getting another M rated character on the pass.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You guys think this means anything?

I do. The fact we haven’t had the last 4 costumes back is pretty surprising. Llyold could have come with any RPG character, Chocobo or Genos could have easily come with Hero but didn’t.

Monster Hunter is also totally fair game now. Perhaps they pushed him back like they seem to have done with Steve due to the amount of work needed for that moveset. Maybe he would been base game but they knew it would take longer and negotiations fell on him being DLC.

Geno is the biggest omission which really feels like it means something. I see no reason why he wouldn’t show up with Hero if not playable.

Llylold would make a lot of sense and honestly Namco is overdue for a second rep. So I could totally see Llyold get in.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So, I typed this in the Goemon thread and felt like posting it here also. I know there are some that are super angry at steve. I like what I wrote and think it sums up my thoughts pretty well.

Smash is a celebration of all of gaming at this point. Ultimate specifically made a note of that. One thing people need to remember is that smash has been around for 20 years now. If not longer. When Smash64 was released, people were content with the original 12, not knowing who Samus or Ness or even captain Falcon were. The game has had 20 years of fans to jump in. Let me try to break it down.

When Smash Melee came out, we have people that were say in their 13/15s commenting online about it. I say that age because most of the gamers leading up to 2001 would have been born in 1988 ish. Fast forward to Brawl in 2007 and we have now 6 years of new people enetering the 13/15 range. Why do I bring this up. Because if we look at Smash4, which was released in 2014. That is y years from brawl, 13 years from melee. The people that will be invested (the age demographic Nintendo is shooting for) has changed. It has shifted. The original 13/15 are now in their 30s and the 12/15 demographic is now 15 or so years younger.

Why do I go into that. I grew up with PSX/N64 being my primarily driving generation. It is the one I remember most fondly and best. That means experimental RPGs, bad platformers and wonky 3D. But 15 years later, my nephew (yes. I am old. This account is from 2007.) he was playing Minecraaft. I actually played it mainly with him. And I know many kids that are smash fans that also grew up on Minecraft.

We have many generations of gamers who play smash at this point. People as old as 35 to people as young as 15. Think about that. That is definitely two generations playing one game. Lets look at FP1.

Hero, Banjo and Terry are definitely boomer reps. They are from old games/series and represent the old guard.
Joker, Byleth, Min Min and Steve are zoomer reps. Whilst FE is an old series, Byleth them-self is a very new character from FEs second wave. These reps appeal to the younger group.

I know people hate the Mii costumes, but I think it is a smart thing given limited resources.

My main point in all of this. Smash is just a game. and it targets many, many many demographics. I know younger crowds hated the idea of Banjo because he was from a forgotten platformer series. And he is. That is a fact. I take all the announcements in strides. Mainly because at the end of the day, it is truly just a game. If you are not finding enjoyment out of it, then please stop and find something that gives you happiness. Steve was not a rep I cared for, but I understand his inclusion and why he is here. I accept that and am hopeful for fun gameplay.

Last note is, I understand the disappointment of not getting a character you really want. In Brawl and Smash4, I REALLY wanted Ridley. I was very disappointed with him being a boss, both times But I looked at the roster and found something to enjoy because I just had fun playing smash. In smash 4, I mained Dr. Mario and Wii Fit Trainer. Both were odd balls and I found enjoyment out of people hating them. I then also mained cloud because I liked his kit. I found happiness where I could. If you cannot, again. please stop and find what makes you happy. But I dont think Steve is the end of smash or its integrity, especially when we have many generations playing smash and we have to focus on all of them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
one of them that we just got isn't crossed out

also probably not
That was left intentionally not crossed out because it was shown off. Push was saying how the Gil costume was now back and the last costumes left were the only ones that haven’t returned yet in the DLC.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Probably not, but a Monster Hunter is among my top three most wanted so I'll continue to hold out a little hope that the costumes haven't returned because they're in.
Ok. I am pretty sure we will get them. But I wonder which character they will come with. We have seen mii costumes come randomly. Gil has nothing to do with minecraft. Hmm. I wonder.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Alright, spoilsport.

Just let me dream.
Thats not what I meant. I honestly can still see one of them become a fighter and we STILL get their mii costume. We could get Llyod as a fighter and a mii costume also. I mean, we have many playable fighters that still have mii costumes. I am just saying that I think they are going to return for certain. Besides, I really want that chocobo back.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
You guys think this means anything?

what this means imo is that
mii costume waves are prob gonna be more stressful from now on considering not only are heihachi and travis both already ****ing dead but all the remaining smash 4 miis except for chocobo are bigguns

after so much time of "oh wow i guess tails/proto man/akira/etc mii is back" and "YOOOO THEY DID AN insert unexpected character MII", we're starting to finally enter the realm of actual big mii costume disconfirms and that's scary

that is, if we don't get any of the remaining smash 4 miis promoted to playable

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Thats not what I meant. I honestly can still see one of them become a fighter and we STILL get their mii costume. We could get Llyod as a fighter and a mii costume also. I mean, we have many playable fighters that still have mii costumes. I am just saying that I think they are going to return for certain. Besides, I really want that chocobo back.
Ah, my bad then.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Despite having played Minecraft for roughly quite a few years, I have actually never beaten it. Younger me always just screwed around and built stuff. So, I’m making it my goal to beat the game. So far I’ve found a village, and not far from it, two ravines intersecting each other, creating a cool x-shaped hole in the ground. These ravines lead to several caves and also lead to a zombie spawned. I’ve also found diamonds and lots of gold and iron. There’s lots of lava and water here, so I’m making a nether portal next.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Despite having played Minecraft for roughly a decade, I have actually never beaten it. Younger me always just screwed around and built stuff. So, I’m making it my goal to beat the game. So far I’ve found a village, and not far from it, two ravines intersecting each other, creating a cool x-shaped hole in the ground. These ravines lead to several caves and also lead to a zombie spawned. I’ve also found diamonds and lots of gold and iron. There’s lots of lava and water here, so I’m making a nether portal next.
The last time I played Minecraft was ironically beating It many years ago with some friends of my cousins.

I was really confused when I saw the ending was just a lot of text and not a cutscene or something like that

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't played Minecraft since the beta, but I picked up the Wii U version since I wanted to see how it changed since then. The tutorial and crafting interface seems new, and the villagers freak me out a little with the noises they make. (I'm still playing through the tutorial; it seems fairly in-depth, and I want to see what's new)

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The last time I played Minecraft was ironically beating It many years ago with some friends of my cousins.

I was really confused when I saw the ending was just a lot of text and not a cutscene or something like that
It never really surprised me given that Minecraft isn’t a super story based game. The most you could make A cutscene out of is the Ender Dragon dying and we already see it doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom