• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Are Yu-Gi-Oh cards just giant ****posts these days? :yoshi:
Hmm... some are(there are tons of common filler cards that are literally useless that are made as a joke) but on the whole most decks and archetypes tend to be on the okay side.

Of course, the bigger issue is A) actually getting people to play(you may as well be a law enthusiast if you want to easily comprehend the rules) and B) deck prices are slowly creeping back into the thousands again, at least in the TCG where a bunch of stuff is getting rarity bumped and they removed a bunch of lower rarities while increasing the number of secrets, effectively removing the guarantee of getting at least one copy of every card per case. I really wish they did what Bushiroad does: smaller sets(under 100 cards usually) with only a few high rarity cards. It doesn’t sound like much but when the odds of getting a card you want(even a single copy)isn’t even guaranteed in an entire case... that’s a problem, those things are hella expensive. It wouldn’t even be that difficult because like a good 50% of all the main sets are filler anyway. Just remove all of that and you’re good.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Well no wonder I felt completely lost that time I tried to watch the show
Well... I find teaching new people how to play(through the anime or otherwise) actually isn’t that difficult from a purely gameplay perspective. Like, you draw your card, summon a monster, attack, set some S/T. That’s simple enough. It’s when you add on all the summoning mechanics(the hardest one to learn is Pendulum simply because of how many weird rulings and interactions it has) along with cards that have entire dictionaries for effects, is when it gets hard. Don’t even get me started on underlying advanced rulings like how cards with “When” can miss timing while “IF” cards can only sometimes.(although at the same time they can’t. It’s weird)

At it’s core, Yugioh is actually fairly simple. It’s just the mechanically complexity that makes it so stupidly hard to learn, especially when a good 90% of cards have so much text the actual text size is like..8. Even when I go to locals I often realize long after my games that I forgot about effects that would have mattered, even if I’ve played the deck for months.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

MANTIS MAN

Episode Title: "Mantis Man"
Subject matter: Mantis Man
Summary: A family along with the grandparents plans a day down at the Musconetcong river such as fly fishing. This family outing eventually turning into horror and survival when they come under attack by a insectoid creature.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
How is Robin a tier above Mewtwo?

Don't know if this is ordered, but Pikachu is better than Joker in my opinion.

Why is Sonic and Cloud so high? Am I missing something?

Other than that, it looks good!
Robin is one of those dark horse counterpick characters that can camp very well. Mewtwo, I contemplated bumping up a tier because of his buffs, but for now his buffs aren't momentum shifting enough to move him higher.

Pikachu and Joker are basically even with each other. They're the two best, and whether Joker is better or Pikachu is better, I don't really care. Let's not split hairs anyway, they're in the same tier and right next to each other. Who cares?

For Sonic, Japan's best player (arguably) is a Sonic main (KEN). He alone proves that Sonic is a very solid character, and we've seen KEN win multiple nationals. There are other very solid Sonic players that get consistent results, such as Wrath and SuperGirlKels. Couple those factors with how Sonic is very hard to fight due to his hit and run nature, and you have a very solid character on your hands. He's like a balanced version of his Smash 4 self. As far as Cloud is concerned, he's risen greatly in popularity since receiving all the buffs a few patches ago. While he's not a character that I could see taking nationals (which is why he's at the bottom of A tier), he's one of the best go-to counterpick characters in the game because he's very well-rounded (aside from a bad recovery). Good combos, good KO power, good frame data, and good moves overall. He's not oppressive in any way, but he can get the job done reliably. On that note, while I could see Cloud being a good bit lower, you certainly missed something about Sonic, because Sonic is one of the most consistently good yet annoying characters to fight in the game, on all levels of play might I add.

D

Deleted member

Is it wrong I want to be an edgelord?

I am not going to act like one, don't worry, I just think some of them are cool.

D

Deleted member

I literately just spent an hour trying to beat this stupid mfer
EF6CDF19-DC60-46D6-B83D-CC4D5EC13F9F.jpeg

I hate him and his stupid bull**** guaranteed triggers. I literally only beat him because I got lucky and drew into all of my Perfect Guards, and he couldn’t kill me before I did.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Is it wrong I want to be an edgelord?

I am not going to act like one, don't worry, I just think some of them are cool.
Edgelords are one of the worst internet archetypes. They have a seemingly cool exterior because they seem mysterious, calm, and composed. But once you get to know them, you realize that they have a jerk-like attitude about them, and that's healthy for nobody.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've been seeing all sorts of clips for this (mainly Amity). Would you recommend the whole thing?
I recommend every single kilometer of this show...that’s how awesome it is. Even with the crew members coming from Gravity Falls, it’s unique enough to be different from it
Robin is one of those dark horse counterpick characters that can camp very well. Mewtwo, I contemplated bumping up a tier because of his buffs, but for now his buffs aren't momentum shifting enough to move him higher.

Pikachu and Joker are basically even with each other. They're the two best, and whether Joker is better or Pikachu is better, I don't really care. Let's not split hairs anyway, they're in the same tier and right next to each other. Who cares?

For Sonic, Japan's best player (arguably) is a Sonic main (KEN). He alone proves that Sonic is a very solid character, and we've seen KEN win multiple nationals. There are other very solid Sonic players that get consistent results, such as Wrath and SuperGirlKels. Couple those factors with how Sonic is very hard to fight due to his hit and run nature, and you have a very solid character on your hands. He's like a balanced version of his Smash 4 self. As far as Cloud is concerned, he's risen greatly in popularity since receiving all the buffs a few patches ago. While he's not a character that I could see taking nationals (which is why he's at the bottom of A tier), he's one of the best go-to counterpick characters in the game because he's very well-rounded (aside from a bad recovery). Good combos, good KO power, good frame data, and good moves overall. He's not oppressive in any way, but he can get the job done reliably. On that note, while I could see Cloud being a good bit lower, you certainly missed something about Sonic, because Sonic is one of the most consistently good yet annoying characters to fight in the game, on all levels of play might I add.
Pit biases aside this is a good looking list

also Joker is better than Pikachu simply because he’s a dad

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
How's K. Rool viewed nowadays? I imagine the consensus is that he's still bad, but I'm honestly curious if anything has changed even just a little bit after the buffs.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
How's K. Rool viewed nowadays? I imagine the consensus is that he's still bad, but I'm honestly curious if anything has changed even just a little bit after the buffs.
Think he is still low-mid tier, but the buff he got in the patches definitly helped alot in places.

No a K.Rool expert tho, so could be wrong.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
He's a little better than before in a little bit of everything, but he still has very glaring weaknesses. His stomach armor is still very annoying, though. I don't think he's in contention for "worst in game" anymore. That's why I put him in E tier, not F tier.

D

Deleted member

So with my halloween avi pretty much done(minus some polish which I'll do later) I figured now's as good a time as any to experiment with different styles/drawing techniques. Because to be honest with myself... the way I draw heads in particular is a bit on the simple side of things. Same with body shape but that's not a super big deal right now.
Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 11.26.21 AM.png

MooMew64

Think he is still low-mid tier, but the buff he got in the patches definitly helped alot in places.

No a K.Rool expert tho, so could be wrong.
He's a little better than before in a little bit of everything, but he still has very glaring weaknesses. His stomach armor is still very annoying, though. I don't think he's in contention for "worst in game" anymore. That's why I put him in E tier, not F tier.
Gotcha. My thanks to you both; I was just curious to see where he was sitting nowadays, as I'm kind of curious in revisiting him. The 'ol Kremling king is a blast to play, so I'm happy to see he isn't as bad.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Gotcha. My thanks to you both; I was just curious to see where he was sitting nowadays, as I'm kind of curious in revisiting him. The 'ol Kremling king is a blast to play, so I'm happy to see he isn't as bad.
Yeah, he's definitely got issues at top level play, but he's certainly better than Mac, Ganon, Doc, Isabelle...

MooMew64

Yeah, he's definitely got issues at top level play, but he's certainly better than Mac, Ganon, Doc, Isabelle...
Isabelle was one of my top 5 newcomer wishlist characters for Ultimate, and to this day her poor top level viablity still saddens me. 😔

Oh well, at least Inklings' kit is awesome and has fun shenanigans, lol. Min Min's also got a hilarious kit, so the both of them are easily my favorites so far. :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
S
P
I
D
E
Y
what the hell has happened up in this *****
OB A T S Y

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So with my halloween avi pretty much done(minus some polish which I'll do later) I figured now's as good a time as any to experiment with different styles/drawing techniques. Because to be honest with myself... the way I draw heads in particular is a bit on the simple side of things. Same with body shape but that's not a super big deal right now.
View attachment 286440
I'm not sure what my Halloween profile will be yet, honestly.
1600792806465.png

This Halloween Omega is a strong contender. https://twitter.com/nibrocrock/status/1049060398178193409

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom