• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I used a shortcut in the race against the Big Penguin, and I got accused of cheating. ._.

Also I like how you can get Power Star 4 before Power Star 1. That is fun. I have stars 1, 2, and 4 in Cool, Cool Mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wonder if Porygon actually is still banned (besides the episode which definitely still is) or if it’s just the writers not thinking about it. Wasn’t there a Porygon-based tool or something in the new anime? I know one of the movies that came after the episode had a Porygon cameo, too. Tbh I wish they just redid that episode, without the flashing lights.

We all know it was Team Rocket’s or the Pokémon Center’s fault, anyway. (haven’t seen the episode yet tbh, I just read twitter replies that suggest it was either Team Rocket or the Pokémon Center; maybe a computer virus from Team Rocket leading to an antivirus from the Center. I blamed Pikachu before too despite him being my favorite Pokémon, but hey we can’t really blame the one trying to stop them from getting killed my dudes...and okay yeah let’s blame TPC for allowing seizure lights in the first place).

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Cool, Cool Mountain in Mario 64 is the definition of pain.

I got three game overs I think.
I'm still surprised how difficult 64 is. I had trouble with it as a little kid, but that was when I was dumb and didn't know I couldn't walk up the white cliff in Bomb-omb battlefield.

**** you, red coins in wing cap level and giant snowman in snowman's land

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still suprised how difficult 64 is. I had trouble with it as a little kid, but that was when I was dumb and didn't know I couldn't walk up the white cliff.

**** you, red coins in wing cap level and giant snowman in snowman's land
The Big Penguin Race too. It is ridiculously easy to fall off the track and die.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The Big Penguin Race too. It is ridiculously easy to fall off the track and die.
I had to do that just now (I had to get the race star and the 100 coin star), it's pretty tricky. My best advice is to not purposely jump off the cliff for a shortcut, not only does it not give you much speed (mario takes forever and a half to get up), but it really hinders traction, making it even more easy to fall off the cliff.

actually, scratch that. My best advice is to leave the level and work on stars in other courses. You only need 8 stars to get to bowser, and that's only 2 per level (even less with the slide)

D

Deleted member

I had to do that just now (I had to get the race star and the 100 coin star), it's pretty tricky. My best advice is to not purposely jump off the cliff for a shortcut, not only does it not give you much speed (mario takes forever and a half to get up), but it really hinders traction, making it even more easy to fall off the cliff.

actually, scratch that. My best advice is to leave the level and work on stars in other courses. You only need 8 stars to get to bowser, and that's only 2 per level (even less with the slide)
I want to get every last star though. I need those 120 stars for Yoshi.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I was having a pretty darn good day.

Then I got a bad feeling in my stomach and I was just on the toilet for seemingly ever. Everything feels off right now.

D

Deleted member

I AM THE MOST STUPID PERSON ON THE PLANET. >_<

I win the race, I go through the door, because the penguin was moving towards there, but it was the wrong power star, and I couldn't return back, so I had to kill myself.

D

Deleted member

Can I say how difficult Big Penguin Race is?

You have to be as fast as possible, manage through the hardest turns possible, and deal with the penguin making you unable to see your character. You cannot even use a shortcut.

D

Deleted member

Currently sitting at 86 stars in Mario 64.

The ones where you need to collect 100 coins are a pain in the ass.
How long have you been playing for? I only have 7 stars and I got this game almost two days ago. To be fair, I didn't play much on Friday.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wish I could be sympathetic but I've always found the penguin race easy :/

I agree mint ice cream is great.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Mint chocolate chip is great.

But my favorite ice cream flavor will probably always be chocolate. Maple Walnut and Strawberry are up there, too.

D

Deleted member

I keep on dying in the dumb Big Penguin Race.

If only I didn't make that dumb mistake earlier.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't have much of a need to pick the collection up myself, since I still have working copies of SMS and SMG.

I don't remember if I ever bought the original SM64 on Virtual Console at some point, but even then I still have the DS version, so I'm good.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
How long have you been playing for? I only have 7 stars and I got this game almost two days ago. To be fair, I didn't play much on Friday.
I got it on Friday and have put around...seven or eight hours into so far, I think. Game is fun lol.

This isn't my first rodeo with Mario 64 but it is my first time trying to nab all of the stars, so it's been quite an interesting experience.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I AM THE MOST STUPID PERSON ON THE PLANET. >_<

I win the race, I go through the door, because the penguin was moving towards there, but it was the wrong power star, and I couldn't return back, so I had to kill myself.
Turns out that the penguin doesn't only count the mini-secret as a shortcut, so technically it didn't really matter.

Either way, this race is still obnoxious though. I KEEP ON FALLING TO MY DOOM.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Big Hero 6 looks better in CGI, but their hand drawn forms are still really great, so...watch it people

D

Deleted member

think it’s finally time to start working on finishing my Valkerion Deck I’ve left sitting on my dresser for the longest time, especially since all of the stuff has dropped in price and he’s getting support in VBT12, so it’s likely that older stuff will stay at a lower price. Probably still gonna be hella expensive(from my math i’ll need at least $30 to get the good upgrade cards) but it should be fine.

D

Deleted member

The penguin doesn't help. The penguin literally gets in the way and causes me to fall.

I hate the Big Penguin Race so much. D:<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom