• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

LOVELAND FROG

Episode Title: "Loveland Frog"
Subject matter: Loveland Frog
Summary: A couple who had just recently started to go out goes on their first date into the rural area of Loveland, Ohio when they suddenly find themselves being terrorized by mysterious small amphibious beings.

Shroob

Sup?

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

LOVELAND FROG

Episode Title: "Loveland Frog"
Subject matter: Loveland Frog
Summary: A couple who had just recently started to go out goes on their first date into the rural area of Loveland, Ohio when they suddenly find themselves being terrorized by mysterious small amphibious beings.
Here come dat boi

O **** waddup

D

Deleted member

Mario 64’s controls are hot garbage. To the point where I don’t know how people ever thought this game was fun. Definitely needs a full on remake.
~oh boy here comes Snake~
~with her usual hot takes~

On a more serious note what exactly is the problem you’re having with the controls?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
~oh boy here comes Snake~
~with her usual hot takes~

On a more serious note what exactly is the problem you’re having with the controls?
In general. Everything is very slippery and has more momentum then a friggin Sonic game.

As to the specific thing I’m griping about? The controls for the wing cap. They’re too imprecise for you to be able to do things like the red coin star at the tower within the 30 secondS (I counted) it lets you fly for.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In general. Everything is very slippery and has more momentum then a friggin Sonic game.

As to the specific thing I’m griping about? The controls for the wing cap. They’re too imprecise for you to be able to do things like the red coin star at the tower within the 30 secondS (I counted) it lets you fly for.
If you’re careful enough you can do it from the start of the level without missing any as you go down. I had trouble too when I was younger and probably still would sometimes, but once you get the hang of it it’s fine.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If you’re careful enough you can do it from the start of the level without missing any as you go down. I had trouble too when I was younger and probably still would sometimes, but once you get the hang of it it’s fine.
I feel that is how you're intended to get it and you're crazy if you try to get them any other way.

Shroob

Sup?
It's confirmed on the trailer that we're getting an update on Age of Calamity on the 26th. Whether we get something earlier in the week is a different story but next week has that at least.
Thing is though, to my knowledge, Koei's the one showing it off, not Nintendo, so theoretically Nintendo could still drop something this coming week.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy ****

the rest of Marvel's comic year from October to December is going to have weekly Spider-Man related comics that affect the entire universe. From the major Kindred arc finally getting amped up to The Order of the Web to the King of Black Knull storyline...all of this casually going down weekly and back to back...oh my ****
tenor (59).gif

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What did you think of season 4?
I enjoyed it for the most part. It was nice to see some of the UA students actually doing legit hero work on the field. Although it was just a handful of them. It was a shame so many characters were sort of put on the sidelines because this chapter focused mainly on those students all while introducing new characters which needed their introductions and backstories, etc. Overhaul was an interesting villain although I felt he should've been more powerful than they showed him when he was actually fighting against Midorya and Togata, since he can just basically instantly kill you when he touches you but instead he was using the environment for his main attacks for some reason. Like I get it but once incapacitated they were vulnerable.

At this point I started to notice the heavy use on filler with some of the episodes since midway through fights there's a tendency to start talking about the character's backstories? This actually I started to find annoying because being invested in the fight it just slows down to show how horrible the character's childhood was or whatever, then it seems the fight will continue then the episode ends. I know anime has a tendency to drag out story arcs and battles like this but it really makes for some uncomfortable pacing. I mean Midorya's fighting Gentle Criminal and they did TWO backstories in one episode!

Eri is adorable though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Now that I've heard and seen so much about it, I kinda want to buy Among Us.

What's holding me back is the fact that I have plenty of other games that I need to finish first, and plenty of other online mutliplayer games to pass my time with as it is.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Suda's being coy about Travis Touchdown in Smash.

Before the last interview with him, he'd yammer on and on about how much he wants Travis in Smash.

His last interview he said "No comment"

Hmm
Yeah, considering the change in tone I think we can assume that Travis is in Ultimate in some capacity for FP2.

The question now is: What is that capacity? Is he playable? Spirit? Mii Costume?

D

Deleted member

Now that I've heard and seen so much about it, I kinda want to buy Among Us.

What's holding me back is the fact that I have plenty of other games that I need to finish first, and plenty of other online mutliplayer games to pass my time with as it is.
It's free on mobile devices. It's only $5 on PC.

Still playing mobile does put you at a slight disadvantage simply because of the fact that a phone isn't a super ideal controller, but it works well enough.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, considering the change in tone I think we can assume that Travis is in Ultimate in some capacity for FP2.

The question now is: What is that capacity? Is he playable? Spirit? Mii Costume?
Pretty much.

Preferred playable but it could be any of the 3.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Suda's being coy about Travis Touchdown in Smash.

Before the last interview with him, he'd yammer on and on about how much he wants Travis in Smash.

His last interview he said "No comment"

Hmm
In a 2018 interview the director of ARMS Kosuke Yabuki did say "I think the correct reaction is to say 'I can’t answer that'" when asked about Smash but I don't think Min Min was planned at that time.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
In a 2018 interview the director of ARMS Kosuke Yabuki did say "I think the correct reaction is to say 'I can’t answer that'" when asked about Smash but I don't think Min Min was planned at that time.
I think the difference here is up to this interview, Suda would go on and on about Travis in Smash, sometimes completely unprovoked.

This "No comment" is not like him at all.

I'd say he's definitely in, but in also doesn't mean playable, he could be a Spirit or Mii outfit, though I'd much prefer the first option.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Playable fighter. It has to be. He’s such a good fit! Travis, Crash, Geno, a Namco fighter... and then one other character. Looks like a pretty solid lineup so far.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I think Mario 64's controls were good, especially for the time. The camera and wing cap are the exceptions, though. The camera's mostly serviceable, but really rough in some scenarios. The wing cap is too floaty and unwieldy.

D

Deleted member

I think Mario 64's controls were good, especially for the time. The camera and wing cap are the exceptions, though. The camera's mostly serviceable, but really rough in some scenarios. The wing cap is too floaty and unwieldy.
I am struggling heavy with the Wing Cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom