• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Monster Hunter fans are eating. Rise looks interesting at the very least. Capcom's got a lot of stuff coming out soon.

In general this week had some solid announcements, even if not everything was my style.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aetheri Aetheri Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Mamboo07 Mamboo07 KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

If you're interested.

More takes on cryptids and mythical creatures in a hypothetical world where they're real animals.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Really happy with what we got today. Monster Hunter Rise has been kicked around a lot in terms of rumors so it's nice to finally get confirmation on it and it looks great to boot. In particular I like the addition of the Palamute since it looks like a fun companion to have and like the Palicos it will be customizable, so it'll be great to see how they turn out once the game releases.

As for Stories 2, I'm ecstatic to see that they're continuing the subseries. While Capcom has pushed it, it also hasn't had the same success as its mainline counterpart and I was worried after hearing that the original didn't do well that they would sideline making more console games for it. I'm glad to see that they still want to keep that part of it going, and I look forward to seeing how it evolves with the upgrade from the Switch.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's nice that Nintendo is giving us our third Japanese SNES game for Switch Online but it's still in Japanese.

If Nintendo (and SEGA) isn't going to bother to mod the games into English, they still could have provided a mini manual.

D

Deleted member

That's what you get for hacking
I dunno, I feel hacking your switch to maybe run some custom firmware isn’t really a big deal overall, as long as you’re not like... going online and just ruining everyone’s fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Gotta say, the joycon gyros work really well in Galaxy. The pointer can sometimes drift away if you shift a bit but it's basically effortless to just hit R and centre it again.

D

Deleted member

The young knight of beasts marches forward to the future, liberating the people from despair.
0FC13FE4-8215-4358-AFE2-3F784B3B690D.png

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Some commemorative Smash screenshots for Super Mario 3D All-Star's release.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I legitimately forgot how much I love playing the Megaman Zero games, most of Monday has just been doing that, grinding for crystals so I can max out Zero's stats.

For the past few weeks I've been listening to Gens 1 & 2 Pokémon anime songs

Dat some good ****. I even get chills occasionally.
Pure cultured anime soundtracks

D

Deleted member

I legitimately forgot how much I love playing the Megaman Zero games, most of Monday has just been doing that, grinding for crystals so I can max out Zero's stats.

Pure cultured anime soundtracks
Anime soundtrack is good. Anime soundtrack is life

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's more speculative evolution on more cryptids if they were real animals.

Beast of Bray Road, Michigan Dogman, and other bipedal wolf-like cryptids: Large, carnivorous marsupials whose ancestors, like the distantly related opossum, crossed into North America from South America. In a case of parallel evolution with Australia's meat-eating kangaroos, it evolved bipedalism, developing an extremely fast gallop so as to better compete with its placental rivals.

Devil Monkey: A species of monkey that evolved from a species of new world monkey from Latin America that found its way into North America. Due to convergent evolution, it evolved to resemble that of baboons notably a dog-like snout.

Ennedi Tiger: A surviving member of the machairodontinae family aka saber-toothed cats. The Ennedi Tiger evolved from one of the species that eventually moved up into the mountainous ranges and areas to avoid competition with lions, leopards, and scavengers given its fangs likely would have made it a slow eater.

Flatwoods Monster: A member of the giant salamander species alongside hellbenders, Chinese, and Japanese giant salamanders. On that night the proposed Flatwoods Monster was sighted, what those people saw was one of those salamanders which was leaning against a tree, and given how dark it was made it seem much bigger hence its eyes looking like they were at in front along with its arms. It somewhat takes up the niche of crocodilians given the colder environment that would be unsuitable for them.

Loch Ness Monster: A gargantuan species of newt that evolved a body structure similar to that of a plesiosaur and probably the largest amphibian alive reaching a length of 20-25 feet on average. Because of being an amphibian, it doesn't have to surface very often and like giant salamanders and hellbenders can stay hidden at the bottom of Loch Ness for long periods of time.

Nandi Bear: A gorilla-sized baboon in, which evolved to take over the niches left by the great apes when they became extinct in much of East Africa. Unlike their relatives, they live in small family groups instead of large troops, their size and food requirements keeping them from joining up in large bands. They are mostly vegetarian but will eat meat on a semi-regular basis.

Trunko: A species of whale that evolved a prehensile trunk using it to make rudimentary tools with which to dig up crustaceans and other prey.

Underwater Panther: On the ocean-like expanse of the Great Lakes of North America, a species of lynx has evolved a semi-aquatic lifestyle similar to the fishing cat of Asia. Chasing down fish, muskrat, beavers and frogs, the underwater panther also became adept at snagging fish right off the line or from the net as humans began to fish in the area. This mischievous habit combined with their haunting, eerie vocalizations has contributed to many Algonquian peoples such as the Ojibwe giving this animal a legendary status.

Water Lion: Like the Ennedi Tiger. Another surviving member of the machairodontinae family. This saber-toothed cat eventually evolved an aquatic lifestyle in order to avoid competition with other big cats like lions and leopards, and to allow them to eat meat which has been putrefied in water. Their fangs being used to dig up shellfish and turtles from riverbeds, or even to gain a purchase on slippery riverbanks.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, I saw that PS5 first party games are gonna cost $70.

It's...an interesting move from Sony, lol. Definitely being done to try and offset how much they're eating on the PS5 price itself: The thing's probably gonna sell at a decent sized loss for them, with hopes that subscriptions and software sales make up the difference.

I don't like it, but eh, I wasn't interested in the system anyways, lol.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The thing's probably gonna sell at a decent sized loss for them, with hopes that subscriptions and software sales make up the difference.
That's basically how Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft work. You make money from software, not hardware.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

WATER HOUND

Episode Title: "Water Hound"
Subject matter: Dobhar-chú
Summary: A swim team in Ireland in preparation for a big swimming event goes to a lake to practice. Soon the real test begins when they're forced to be pushed to their limits when the location they chose happens to be inhabited by a legendary lake creature of Irish folklore.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That's basically how Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft work. You make money from software, not hardware.
Oh yeah, for sure, but Sony and Microsoft have some pretty impressive tech in those consoles, the prices they're offering them at are gonna be huge losses for them on a hardware sales level. Honestly, I doubt Nintendo eats too much of the Switch's cost, especially compared to these new consoles; The Switch runs on older tech by current standards and older components get cheaper as time goes on. I'm curious to see if this new strategy of pricey exclusives will work out well for Sony: Other devs who have tried the $70 mark recently got some real bad blow back on it.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh yeah, for sure, but Sony and Microsoft have some pretty impressive tech in those consoles, the prices they're offering them at are gonna be huge losses for them on a hardware sales level. Honestly, I doubt Nintendo eats too much of the Switch's cost, especially compared to these new consoles; The Switch runs on older tech by current standards and older components get cheaper as time goes on. I'm curious to see if this new strategy of pricey exclusives will work out well for Sony: Other devs who have tried the $70 mark recently got some real bad blow back on it.
It looks set to become the standard. Realistically, with development costs rising and inflation we were due for a price rise years ago.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It looks set to become the standard. Realistically, with development costs rising and inflation we were due for a price rise years ago.
Agreed. Even if only accounting for inflation and not for development costs, NES games would be something like $145 in today's money

1600396074094.png

Video games have become more expensive to produce and earn less "buying power" per unit than ever. I'm honestly surprised we went through the whole PS4/XBone/Wii U gen without games jumping up to $70 already.

$70 now is equivalent to $60 in 2011 in buying power, for comparison.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
PS5 games being 70 bucks is honestly what killed my interest in the system.

Granted my interest in the system was already kinda low to begin with because of potential censorship of Japanese games but the prices are what killed it for me. lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
PS5 games being 70 bucks is honestly what killed my interest in the system.

Granted my interest in the system was already kinda low to begin with because of potential censorship of Japanese games but the prices are what killed it for me. lol
Even though Xbox Series X/S games are still gonna be $70, it at least has Game Pass. The PS4 games you earn with a Plus subscription just can't compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom