• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Of course I'll probably HAVE to buy a cheap used PS5 at some point because they will probably make Persona 6 and Sakura wars 7 on that thing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh man

You haven't seen the beginning of Sunshine's bull**** shines. The pachinko is just the harbinger of the apocalypse.
The controls, secret stages and physics were already annoying.

I think I'll just stick to 64 and Galaxy.

EDIT: Mario switching back and forth between his normal and low poly models in 64 in the collection is pretty bad.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait this has been happening? I’m curious as to what actually causes this to happen ngl
It’s also the cause of a lot of frame drops that people were seeing in Sunshine. Hacked consoles run on a firmware that is meant to work around the Switch’s firmware. Meaning there’s a LOT of hoops for the system to jump through to run through the hacked firmware and the switch itselfs to get to the game.

Shroob

Sup?
The controls, secret stages and physics were already annoying.

I think I'll just stick to 64 and Galaxy.
Yup, Sunshine has some of the most, to put it lightly

Wonky

Physics of the series. I dunno how it is on Joycons, but control-wise on Gamecube it was fine... Dunno how well I'd do with Joycon/SPC.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sunshine's secret cevels (both the later FLUDDless main campaign ones and especially the literally hidden levels across Delfino Plaza alike) are pretty much rage-incarnate.

At least the hidden Shine levels don't have this playing on loop:

This song is what madness sounds like.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yup, Sunshine has some of the most, to put it lightly

Wonky

Physics of the series. I dunno how it is on Joycons, but control-wise on Gamecube it was fine... Dunno how well I'd do with Joycon/SPC.
Been playing with the pro controller. Am only using the joycons for Galaxy which works really well.

Shroob

Sup?
Sunshine's secret cevels (both the later FLUDDless main campaign ones and especially the literally hidden levels across Delfino Plaza alike) are pretty much rage-incarnate.

Hell, forget some of the secret levels.

That ****ing watermelon stage was enough to force me to learn to fruitclip.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I didn’t come in here expecting to see TRASH for opinions.

I’m playin. Though Sunshine is a little bit of a rougher game then say Galaxy it is still a better than average 3D platformer. When you get used to it’s “wonky” physics and Gameplay it becomes the most fun 3D Mario to play with the only on I think coming close is Odyssey but if you don’t experiment with Fludd, spin jumping, and power sliding you’re gonna think the game isn’t as good as the others.

It has a difficulty curve and I don’t think Nintendo was expecting Mario players to quit because of it lol.

Edit: Sunshine is tied with Galaxy 2 for my favorite 3D Mario so It ain’t like I don’t like Galaxy or something lol

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I didn’t come in here expecting to see TRASH for opinions.

I’m playin. Though Sunshine is a little bit of a rougher game then say Galaxy it is still a better than average 3D platformer. When you get used to it’s “wonky” physics and Gameplay it becomes the most fun 3D Mario to play with the only on I think coming close is Odyssey but if you don’t experiment with Fludd, spin jumping, and power sliding you’re gonna think the game isn’t as good as the others.

It has a difficulty curve and I don’t think Nintendo was expecting Mario players to quit because of it lol.
Sunshine

A day at the beach?

or the ultimate tool to separate the men from the boys

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I like the song though.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
"Welcome to the Salty Spitoon, how tough are ya?"

"How tough am I?! I beat the Pachinko level in Sunshine!"

"Haha, yeah, so?"

"As early as possible."
By early as possible, I am gonna make it the second shine I get.

Yes it's possible to go there early.

Same with the pipe in the trees.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By early as possible, I am gonna make it the second shine I get.

Yes it's possible to go there early.

Same with the pipe in the trees.
Dude I forgot about the exploits to getting to stuff early...

Sunshine is so ****ing fun dude I might start with it actually.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pretty sure Sunshine was also the game that more or less introduced the Pokey's modern design.

All they really tweaked later was make the eyes look a little less goofy. The flower's been a staple for most games since, only occasionally replacing them with bigger thorns.

Quite an interesting bit of trivia considering that almost every other enemy design in the game looked completely different from every other iteration of recurring Mario enemies in that game, both past and future designs alike, and that's not even mentioning all the enemies in the game that were first introduced in Sunshine, only to never appear again, even once.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As of now, I'm officially at 30,000 posts.

Didn't think I'd ever make this many when I first joined here lol.
"look at my post numbers"

While it's not as great as yours, really make you feel we don't have anything better to do than go on funny nintendo fighting game forum where Sonic get beat by up destroyer of world Kirby & Olimar.

Lord bless you Sakurai. :p

EDIT: Won numbers? Woow, I really am tired from waking up!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Trying Galaxy in table top mode.

It's actually pretty nice.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Damn dude Sunshine looks effin great. Textures are rough but everything else is SUPER nice looking.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I considered making this big special milestone celebratory post with a bunch of my friends tagged or something along those lines, but I just didn't really know what to say about it, or how to write a post like that in the first place.

I've made loads and loads of posts and made many friends on this site over the years, but I'm still gonna be here, and really, while it's a decent record, it's ultimately still just another post. Doesn't have to be anything special.

In any case, you all keep being awesome. Got it? Good. :shades:

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, using the gyro instead of an IR sensor probably makes some parts of Galaxy better. For instance, with the rolling levels you can still "point" and pick up star bits even if you've got the joycon pointing straight up and away from the screen.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I considering making this big special milestone celebratory post with a bunch of my friends tagged or something along those lines, but I just didn't really know what to say about it, or how to write a post like that in the first place.

I've made loads and loads of posts and made many friends on this site over the years, but I'm still gonna be here, and really, while it's a decent record, it's ultimately still just another post. Doesn't have to be anything special.

I wanna see a milestone post!
Just let your brain creativity fly. Use a unique writing style or something.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wanna see a milestone post!
Just let your brain creativity fly. Use a unique writing style or something.
I appreciate the encouragement and enthusiasm, bud, but honestly I just don't feel like I really have much to say for one. Didn't feel it was necessary.

If you and anyone else are really interested in seeing one, then maybe I'll do a belated milestone post soonish, but no guarantees. :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fair enough, I feel like that style of fighting game would suit the Sonic series perfectly and I’m surprised SEGA hasn’t attempted something like that for Sonic yet.

Not. Helping.
I aim to disappoint
God bless Nintendo for being behind the other big guys when it comes to system specs.
and for them not giving a **** as long as they can find Duncan
Oh. Right. There was a partner showcase today. It was so forgettable I forgot it happened.
well damn Solid Snake
As of now, I'm officially at 30,000 posts.

Didn't think I'd ever make this many when I first joined here lol.
I considering making this big special milestone celebratory post with a bunch of my friends tagged or something along those lines, but I just didn't really know what to say about it, or how to write a post like that in the first place.

and now it’s 30,001...ya just need 2 more posts to make it 30003
I appreciate the encouragement and enthusiasm, bud, but honestly I just don't feel like I really have much to say for one. Didn't feel it was necessary.

If you and anyone else are really interested in seeing one, then maybe I'll do a belated milestone post soonish, but no guarantees. :p
nvm now you just need 1 more post

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I considered making this big special milestone celebratory post with a bunch of my friends tagged or something along those lines, but I just didn't really know what to say about it, or how to write a post like that in the first place.

its simple, you talk about reach person or certain events and then,

you tell the. To watch The Owl House and Amphibia
:p

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
119564734_3272439219459741_8680457093368756269_o (1).jpg

Yeah, I suck at Overwatch, and this picture absolutely backs that up. I was playing on defense in Numbani as Junkrat, and to cut to the chase,when my Ultimate was up and I launched my RIP tire, not only did I not get anyone, I managed to get it stuck in the walkway above the first control point. When it happened, I knew that even for me that was an all time low.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nice that the soundtracks have the option to play with the screen off like Smash.

D

Deleted member

There is just something that is unfair.

My entire house is cool in temperature, but when I get to my room, I can literally feel the heat difference instantly. It is so hot in my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom