• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So, I picked 2 characters in the poll, but I think 3 characters is nearly as likely.

And this is how I think it'll go:
Trailer for first character - available... NOW.
"But wait, there's more!"
Trailer for second character - available August or September
At the very end of the Direct
"We have one final surprise for you, please take a look!"
Mewtwo style model tease
"More information 'soon', thank you!"

What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member

Honestly I'd probably play the SMT games before the Persona games

I'm one for classic/older RPGs rather than modern RPGs I feel

Last edited by a moderator:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The problem with Nintendo's online is part of a larger problem: Nintendo is a socially short-sighted company. Peer-to-peer makes sense for the districts of Japan, not the rest of the world.
Now if only someone could explain to them that just cus **** works in Japan doesn't mean it will work in the rest of the world since not everyone who buys their games lives in areas with high population densities or near friends or even people who actually play video games, let alone own a Switch.

So Mario Maker 2:

-Can't play online with friends.
-No amiibo support which means no cameo costumes at all.
-NA is not getting the Stylus with the game.

WTH is going on at Nintendo?
For the online stuff, probably the usual Galapagos Syndrome

y'all ever realise we explode over smash reveals and updates, play it for an entire day straight, then no-one ever talks about it again

remember joker?

yeah he's in the game
I know that he won an S-tier event and people are worried he's gonna get nerfed in the balance patch

why does lloyd need that many buttons on his jacket

he's not dr. eggman
JRPG fashion trends are wack, dude.

If Erdrick is really in square must be pissed that he was leaked so much.
It's why I think that Erdrick is on the list of leak bait characters because I seriously doubt SE stuff would be leaking out half a ****ing year in advance, especially with how they've been combating leaks lately. Remember when the only reason KH3 leaked a month and a half from release because copies got stolen rather than some insider slipping info to some dude?

everyone watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Already caught up in the manga, might watch it later

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Now if only someone could explain to them that just cus **** works in Japan doesn't mean it will work in the rest of the world since not everyone who buys their games lives in areas with high population densities or near friends or even people who actually play video games, let alone own a Switch.

For the online stuff, probably the usual Galapagos Syndrome

I know that he won an S-tier event and people are worried he's gonna get nerfed in the balance patch

JRPG fashion trends are wack, dude.

It's why I think that Erdrick is on the list of leak bait characters because I seriously doubt SE stuff would be leaking out half a ****ing year in advance, especially with how they've been combating leaks lately. Remember when the only reason KH3 leaked a month and a half from release because copies got stolen rather than some insider slipping info to some dude?

Already caught up in the manga, might watch it later
People thought incineroar was leakbait. And that would've actually made a bit more sense since it wasn't the most popular pokemon.
But no i dont think people should believe in leakbait until there is something like that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
my face when its not actually anyone people speculate at E3 and it's just ryu hayabusa

1559086221288.png

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So I just looked at the poll and wouldn't the maximum number of characters to reveal would be 4 instead of 5 considering Joker is already released?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
People thought incineroar was leakbait. And that would've actually made a bit more sense since it wasn't the most popular pokemon.
But no i dont think people should believe in leakbait until there is something like that.
I mean to be fair, Pokemon does kinda suck at dealing with leaks. Still, I'd imagine that something getting leaked 2 months before being announced (Incineroar showed up among leakers in mid September IIRC) is more believable (to me) than a character getting leaked half a year before being announced (Dragon Quest names, specifically Slime, Luminary, and Erdrick, showed up in mid to late December)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I just looked at the poll and wouldn't the maximum number of characters to reveal would be 4 instead of 5 considering Joker is already released?
I was waiting for someone to get it. :4pacman:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean to be fair, Pokemon does kinda suck at dealing with leaks. Still, I'd imagine that something getting leaked 2 months before being announced (Incineroar showed up among leakers in mid September IIRC) is more believable (to me) than a character getting leaked half a year before being announced (Dragon Quest names, specifically Slime, Luminary, and Erdrick, showed up in mid to late December)
Not really hard to believe i find. especially depending on how long the negotiations were. (or planning)
And we know Joker took long and apparently wasnt going to be announced as early as they did.

Anyway, won't be long til we know something ;)

my face when its not actually anyone people speculate at E3 and it's just ryu hayabusa

View attachment 224881

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The problem with Nintendo's online is part of a larger problem: Nintendo is a socially short-sighted company. Peer-to-peer makes sense for the districts of Japan, not the rest of the world.
I agree for the most part but for Smash specifically it has to be peer2peer. There isn't a single fighting game out there that uses dedicated servers because all it does is add another point of connection that would only serve to slow things down. The problem with Smash's online is that it still uses an archaic delay-based netcode instead of GGPO/rollback. That's definitely a problem based on them being a Japanese dev though, since out of every Japanese company that creates FGs only Capcom has adopted rollback as the standard.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
common sense: it's impossible to have 5 revealed at once because we've already got 1/5
kasumi karavan:

1559086774550.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly I'd probably play the SMT games before the Persona games

I'm one for classic/older RPGs rather than modern RPGs I feel
I recommend checking out Rasen Bran's introduction series if you want to dip your toes in megaten.

There are a LOT of games out there:

Most of which Atlus doesn't care about anymore.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Companies do give out leakbait from what I can tell, but somehow the real thing always slips through most of the time. It's probably why other character names have been floating around for Vergeben's sources to hear (I believe Verge actually talked about Square's reputation with leaks and them handing out leakbait). It's also probably why a Metroid Prime Trilogy port was talked about for a while with the leakers (including credible guys) getting dates wrong, even if it ends up being real at some point. Apparently there was actually some paper with MTP on it at Nintendo according to Sabi / PolarPanda if I remember what she said correctly - this was either during the beginning of this year or in December.

They don't want their faucets leaking, yet fail to keep them from doing so anyway...

Not really hard to believe i find. especially depending on how long the negotiations were.
And we know Joker took long and apparently wasnt going to be announced as early as they did.

Anyway, won't be long til we know something ;)
Do we know the negotiations for Joker were long? I thought it was just dev time.

I mean, the negotiations still could've taken a while, and Erdrick could've been heard because of negotiations, I'm just sayin'. Apparently they were already done/nearly done negotiating for Sakurai to say they were all decided back in November.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, if EVO did have a Smash character trailer(which it won't) It'd be pretty cool if it was Jin or Heihachi.....or Fulgore if Microsoft feels like playing nice.

There's other games to get announcements so there's something else to look forward too.

What time is the Pokemon conference again?
I messed up last time, it should be at 9pm.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The only Japanese developer I know who outright messes with insiders and makes fake leak baits is Katsuhiro Harada. At least he's the only one that comes to my mind who actually puts effort in preventing leaks from his projects.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Companies do give out leakbait from what I can tell, but somehow the real thing always slips through most of the time. It's probably why other character names have been floating around for Vergeben's sources to hear (I believe Verge actually talked about Square's reputation with leaks and them handing out leakbait). It's also probably why a Metroid Prime Trilogy port was talked about for a while with the leakers (including credible guys) getting dates wrong, even if it ends up being real at some point. Apparently there was actually some paper with MTP on it at Nintendo according to Sabi / PolarPanda if I remember what she said correctly - this was either during the beginning of this year or in December.

They don't want their faucets leaking, yet fail to keep them from doing so anyway...

Do we know the negotiations for Joker were long? I thought it was just dev time.

I mean, the negotiations still could've taken a while, and Erdrick could've been heard because of negotiations, I'm just sayin'. Apparently they were already done/nearly done negotiating for Sakurai to say they were all decided back in November.
I s'pose youre right that those names would count. I guess I meant more that the real thing wouldn't slip through. Seems like leakbait only works at first before too many people are working on projects, maybe.

And no I meant dev time. Joker was a pretty well kept secret, which is curious, but it could also be because Atlus isn't as big of a company. dunno.
It's hard to tell with sakurai, but it would make sense that everything was decided when he tweeted that.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I s'pose youre right that those names would count. I guess I meant more that the real thing wouldn't slip through. Seems like leakbait only works at first before too many people are working on projects, maybe.

And no I meant dev time. Joker was a pretty well kept secret, which is curious, but it could also be because Atlus isn't as big of a company. dunno.
It's hard to tell with sakurai, but it would make sense that everything was decided when he tweeted that.
sakurai going straight to atlus's offices probably helped keep persona negotiations completely under wraps

zero risk of anything leaking out bar someone in the dev team or someone incredibly high up

Iridium

Smash Hero
I heard Ryu and Hayabusa. The reboot titles easily have good alt material that can at least be referenced. For example:

Actually, this makes me think of Alternis Dim a bit.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
do you think the grinch leak was leakbait and thats why the ken portraits were so similar
yes, and the Grinch himself will present to us all of his leak's characters at E3 this year due to its massive amount of positive attention and the backlash it got for it being fake :shades:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I heard Ryu and Hayabusa. The reboot titles easily have good alt material that can at least be referenced. For example:

Did someone say Bravely Default

1559087912539.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

That is pretty cool. If Hayabusa's in, he'll probably have his NES Era and 3D Era designs, if he gets any alts at all. I wonder if they can get away with a red and white alt too, for a Joe Mushashi reference? Probably not. We could always mod it in later, for him to look like all sorts of ninjas.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We already have a normal fighting game character in the way of Ryu, let's get goddamn Sol Badguy to represent anime fighters
sol badguy waste of time.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom