• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
For context: Epic released an update for mobile allowing purchase of V-Bucks within the game, circumventing App store fees (for context, the $10 pack would cost $8 if bought this way).

Apple pulled the game due to the move violating Apple Terms Of Service.

IMO, I understand Apple's reasoning but I'm siding with Epic on this one. I don't even play Fortnite and I think Epic is the better party here.
This is also shortly after Apple denied/banned Microsoft's Xbox XCloud app from their App Store, because the games in XCloud are from your Xbox/GamePass library and aren't purchasable through Apple's storefront, and I guess they see it as competing with their Apple Arcade.

Apple's already being sued by the European Union for antitrust practices regarding similar issues with Spotify and other apps. So this is just adding fuel to the fire, and I'd be surprised if Apple wins the case after these two more recent issues. Especially since Epic is being very vocal and aggressive about what happened.

D

Deleted member

Do you ever just ponder about how Toby Fox made Undertale?

How do you make a game so deep and mysterious that it takes years to find many of the secrets?
Lots of work and time. As someone who’s studying game design that’s the core of it. What really make Undertale so special was how charming it was back in 2014 when iirc bland shooters were the norm and hyper realism was the big big trend.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Quick question.
Phoenix Wright gets in Smash, which is his boxing ring title and which is his classic mode route?

-The Ace Attorney
-The Turnabout Attorney
-“Whippersnapper”, “Pheenie”, “Mr. Wrong”, etc
-Mr Lawyer
-Nick

or smth else?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Entering my first ever project m/plus tournament (an online tournament).

My first opponent atm is shiny zubat. He was top 50 on the worldwide PGR at one point for this game.

Sweats nervously

D

Deleted member

Quick question.
Phoenix Wright gets in Smash, which is his boxing ring title and which is his classic mode route?

-The Ace Attorney
-The Turnabout Attorney
-Mr Lawyer
-Nick

or smth else?
The first and second options seem the most likely.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Quick question.

-The Ace Attorney
-The Turnabout Attorney
-Mr Lawyer
-Nick

or smth else?
Maybe one of these could also be his Classic Mode title.

D

Deleted member

Quick question.

-The Ace Attorney
-The Turnabout Attorney
-Mr Lawyer
-Nick

or smth else?
Boxing ring title: The Lawyer
Classic Mode: Lawyers Represent!

I’m not good with names 😅

D

Deleted member

Can we please do a Smash bet?

I am betting that Phoenix Wright will be the next D.L.C. character. Does anyone want to bet against me?
Maybe one of these could also be his Classic Mode title.
That is what I was thinking.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Boxing ring title: The Lawyer
Classic Mode: Lawyers Represent!

I’m not good with names 😅
I actually think the Classic Mode title is pretty good.
Can we please do a Smash bet?

I am betting that Phoenix Wright will be the next D.L.C. character. Does anyone want to bet against me?

That is what I was thinking.
I agree. He’s pretty likely and a lot of people are sleeping on his chances.
Edit: oh yeah, terms. if it isn’t phoenix then I’ll...
sorry to copy, I’ll sing Jake and The Neverland Pirates theme for u guys
if FP7 is Dante instead, I’ll delete my account

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Phoenix Wright isn't the next character, I will sing Big Time Rush and post it here.
Hmmm...that’s actually a pretty neat punishment idea... but...

Nah. Sorry, not feeling up to making that kinda bet.

D

Deleted member

Is this punishment good enough?
Well it is(in fact I’ve never seen anyone bet that way before) it’s just that.... if I were to theoretically lose... that would be a bit awkward considering I would have sing a song(and considering my tastes that would go south real fast)
It’s a cool idea for sure, but not for me, if you know what I mean.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yo, we gonna see a top tier beat 'em up make a return? 👀
Might play if it comes to switch....

IDEA STORM.

A rip-off Cross Tag Battle that’s basically just the same thing but with different franchises involved. And the starting point is characters from Scott Pilgrim and Steven Universe. What other franchises should be a part of this and what Fighting game should be the “host”?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
ALRIGHT

FIRST PROJECT M/+ TOURNAMENT EVER...

I got a game win. Lol

It took me about 10 tries at my local scene for Ultimate before I could get even a game win, not counting amateur bracket.

I feel myself getting better in P+ much more quickly.

And, despite losing in round 1, I still ended up being the best of the worst tonight. Observe:

Screenshot (486).png

I didn't win any sets, but I won a game. So, yay.

D

Deleted member

You've crossed the streams. No one can help you now.
That’s not the issue lol. I have to go thorugh allllll of those cards(most of which are from different games meaning I’ll 4 piles min and likely upwards of 10 due to my sorting system for each game) and then I need to figure out how to store them all in a orderly fashion. It’s hell.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Is this a joke?

DTMzeL7WkAAgtK1.jpg

* PTSD kicks in *

I know know this isn't related to that 1978 special (god I hope not) but why give it a similar name?

I sat through that entire disaster from start to finish and I had LEGIT feelings of wanting to die during that. Please don't let history repeat itself.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 282173

* PTSD kicks in *

I know know this isn't related to that 1978 special (god I hope not) but why give it a similar name?

I sat through that entire disaster from start to finish and I had LEGIT feelings of wanting to die during that. Please don't let history repeat itself.
Wait people thought it was bad? I kinda liked it as a kid ngl. Granted I haven’t watched it in years so my opinion may have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom