• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A photo of Stan with his creations:
20200731_151346.jpg

Also a release date trailer for the new Battletoads:
Ngl, kinda interested about buying It.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
View attachment 280618

That's coming out much sooner than I expected (August 20th, so in about three weeks), and there's a lot more story in this than I thought a Battletoads game would have. (it feels like a Saturday morning cartoon)

Also, that Stan Lee figure is great.

D

Deleted member

I can't hear this song without hearing an edit I heard on YouTube.

A duck walked up to a lemonade stand
And he said to the man, running the stand
"Hey! (Bum bum bum) SuCk My ****?"

And the man said, "no, no, how about no?"
Thanks, I hate it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Jesus Christ, I just had a scare. I thought I had locked myself out of my house. Thankfully I found a way back in through a window.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Jesus Christ, I just had a scare. I thought I had locked myself out of my house. Thankfully I found a way back in through a window.
That's why you always check if you've brought your key. You'll never know if you screwed yourself until it's too late.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

hmmm.. so the logo and all that jazz is going along well, but I'm not entirely set on the color palette I chose(Yellow with a black outline with a white and/or green background)
I might come around to it(and even then I can always change it if I need to) but it isn't exactly my best work so to speak.

I'm also redoing my banner as well because why not while I have the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That's coming out much sooner than I expected (August 20th, so in about three weeks), and there's a lot more story in this than I thought a Battletoads game would have. (it feels like a Saturday morning cartoon)

Also, that Stan Lee figure is great.
Looks pretty cool I must say.

A little surprised they didn't get the Killer Instinct voice actor for Rash.

Edit: oops is quoted the wrong post.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You'll find the "Japanese Swordsmanship and naming conventions" thing is already done with Zero.

Anyway, with the way they do naming conventions for weapons (Mega Buster, X-Buster, Z-Saber, Bass Buster, Proto Shield) I think it'd include the word "Roll" somewhere in there.

With that in mind, I'd personally give Roll a bo staff (basically the broom without the cleaning part) and call it the "Staff Roll" or something.
That’s kind of where the sword idea came from. I watched her gameplay in Powered Up and it looked a lot like Zero’s Sabre stuff to me.
Nothing to see here, move along.:lol:
Well now I’m curious

D

Deleted member

I got the rest of my gouki deck today, which means it's time for another deck profile. yay... haven't done a yugioh deck profile in awhile so I dunno how I'm gonna do it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 280618

So cool it’s coming out so soon! I can’t wait to finally play this! Wonder how much they’re asking for it?
I hate the designs and art direction but the gameplay does look kinda fun.
Eh. I’m cool with it. The fact that it’s actual 2D animation and not sprites is super welcome. And the designs look fine to me. The more angular look fits the world of the Toads pretty well.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Just putting here, now move along.
ceg0yykjo6e51.jpg

As thou can see, he's watching the world burn through the oven.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Eh. I’m cool with it. The fact that it’s actual 2D animation and not sprites is super welcome. And the designs look fine to me. The more angular look fits the world of the Toads pretty well.
I’d take sprites if the alternative was to look this ugly and choppy with its animation. It looks like it’s trying way too hard to appeal to kids.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’d take sprites if the alternative was to look this ugly and choppy with its animation. It looks like it’s trying way too hard to appeal to kids.
I just don’t agree. I think the animation looks great (although I apparently am immune to frame rates because I can’t tell the difference between 30 and 60) and it’s like... it’s stylistically ugly. Like, part of the Toad’s general feel has always been kind of ugly/gross.

D

Deleted member

While I understand why some people aren't fond of the designs, I can't help but feel sad about other shows and games which turned out to be really good but got killed over people disliking the artstyle.

One example I remember really well as It happened when I was young: Transformers Animated.
fd00ba6baf10597ffd05c27bc659924b1c13f910r1-1280-1024v2_hq-1.jpg

Back when the show got announced, everyone despised the idea just because of the designs. The internet was full of Transformers fans mocking any kind of excitement about It by throwing out comments about how dumb the chins and proportions of every character looked and how It would send the franchise to dead even more than the Bay movies.

When It came out, the few people who saw It ended up getting a well written show which took all the best traits of each character from G1, fixed the traits nobody liked of some characters such as Prowl and added their own twists to the Transformers basic structure to stand out on its own through the cleverly written dialogue and characters.

Sadly, It was too late when people found out how good the show actually turned out to be. Views were really low and the toys didn't sell as well, and the entirety of a planned Season 3 which would have expanded the plot even more had to be cancelled, and since then many Transformers fans who used to hate It over the artstyle regretted their choice back then.

Not trying to defend Battletoads specifically as the game could still turn out bad if the Gameplay isn't really good and is a glitch-fest, but I do want to give the Game a fair chance and try It out sometime after It comes out to prevent a possible case such as the one the Transformers fandom and many others did with productions such as Animated.

Sorry for the sudden long post, just really wanted to talk It with the chat.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While I understand why some people aren't fond of the designs, I can't help but feel sad about other shows and games which turned out to be really good but got killed over people disliking the artstyle.

One example I remember really well as It happened when I was young: Transformers Animated.
View attachment 280630
Back when the show got announced, everyone despised the idea just because of the designs. The internet was full of Transformers fans mocking any kind of excitement about It by throwing out comments about how dumb the chins and proportions of every character looked and how It would send the franchise to dead even more than the Bay movies.

When It came out, the few people who saw It ended up getting a well written show which took all the best traits of each character from G1, fixed the traits nobody liked of some characters such as Prowl and added their own twists to the Transformers basic structure to stand out on its own through the cleverly written dialogue and characters.

Sadly, It was too late when people found out how good the show actually turned out to be. Views were really low and the toys didn't sell as well, and the entirety of a planned Season 3 which would have expanded the plot even more had to be cancelled, and since then many Transformers fans who used to hate It over the artstyle regretted their choice back then.

Not trying to defend Battletoads specifically as the game could still turn out bad if the Gameplay isn't really good and is a glitch-fest, but I do want to give the Game a fair chance and try It out sometime after It comes out to prevent a possible such as the one the Transformers fandom and many others did with productions such as Animated.

Sorry for the sudden long post, just really wanted to talk It with the chat.
Exactly. People put way too much stock into character designs and can be super neophobic about it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Remember when the Sun and Moon anime was announced, and X&Y fans were swearing up and down that it ruined Anipoke and Ash wasn't gonna be serious anymore and how it's gonna be for kids (like it wasn't already)?

Guess which Ash actually won a league.

Btw, they're still going on about how """""bad""""" Anipoke is nowadays.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I have quite limited knowledge of Battletoads, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think the style works fine for the series. Big emphasis on “fine” though. Could’ve been more unique and interesting.

Remember when the Sun and Moon anime was announced, and X&Y fans were swearing up and down that it ruined Anipoke and Ash wasn't gonna be serious anymore and how it's gonna be for kids (like it wasn't already)?

Guess which Ash actually won a league.

Btw, they're still going on about how """""bad""""" Anipoke is nowadays.
Anipoke? Geez I’m out of the loop.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Going by this tweet, there will be some reveals at the fighting game roundtable today (which is in about 7 hours from now), so it might be worth watching, or at least having on in the background. (at the very least, there's going to be a new Guilty Gear character shown)

SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Going by this tweet, there will be some reveals at the fighting game roundtable today (which is in about 7 hours from now), so it might be worth watching, or at least having on in the background. (at the very least, there's going to be a new Guilty Gear character shown)
Oh, I forgot about that. Hopefully there's some interesting game news revealed.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I forgot about that. Hopefully there's some interesting game news revealed.
I am personally hoping that they reveal new Tekkén and DBFZ DLC.

Heard rumours about Kyryu in Tekkén and Roshi in DBFZ, both being fighters who would be curious to see in the respective games.

D

Deleted member

I got my intro, youtube icon, banner, and my Gouki deck profile done. I'm feeling great today!
I'm actually quite proud of how the logo in particular turned out. I would show it here but I can't exactly post images just yet :(

Anywayyyy... what's up doc?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
pa.194197.4.jpg

I just bought this nendoroid on Amazon, it the oldest figure I've purchased, all the figures I own are from the earliest 2015. This ones from 2011

Once I found out they made a valkyria chronicles figure I went as fast I could to see how expensive it was online. Since it wasn't that expensive I took the plunge and got one.

D

Deleted member

I got my intro, youtube icon, banner, and my Gouki deck profile done. I'm feeling great today!
I'm actually quite proud of how the logo in particular turned out. I would show it here but I can't exactly post images just yet :(

Anywayyyy... what's up doc?
Just here thinking about what to do later today to keep celebrating the good news.

May buy a Steam Gift card of 25€ for Persona 4 Golden or something like that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just don’t agree. I think the animation looks great (although I apparently am immune to frame rates because I can’t tell the difference between 30 and 60) and it’s like... it’s stylistically ugly. Like, part of the Toad’s general feel has always been kind of ugly/gross.
There are flash games from Newgrounds that move characters better than this. This doesn’t feel like intentionally ugly, it feels lazy ugly. And it’s not just the toads, the Dark Queen has no resemblance the old one, and I don’t mean the skimpy clothes. It’s like putting a yellow jacket on Megan Fox and calling her April O’Neil

I think this comment I found said it best:
1662B938-5346-4549-817E-9CDD8E9F0974.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom