• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So wait, the new Animal Crossing update let's you copy custom designs from Dream Towns, yet they got rid of Wendell, even though that was his exact role in New Leaf and replaced him with the machine you can also find in the Able Sisters shop? Why?

I swear, this is Schrödinger's Crossing, both charming and lack thereof at the same time. So many previous NPCs have been getting the shaft, it's kinda sad at this point:
Rover, Cyrus, Reese have been relegated to being limited time only
Celeste, Leif and Kicks are now random visitors
Label took Gracie's old role, who now doesn't appear at all
Brewster, Pelly & Phillys, Pete, Katrina, Wendell, Kapp'n (and family), Tortimer, Dr. Shrunk, Digby, Booker & Copper
You don't even get a letter from Wishy the Star anymore.

I like this game, but the lack of old notable NPCs is pretty noticeable, at least to me.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
With Tails? I love him lol. He's my favorite Sonic character and I relate to him in many ways. He's someone who thinks logically and tends to be clear of mind, but is prone to self-criticism and lacking self-confidence. This fits me to a T. Plus, I enjoy the Sonic franchise a lot and he's really adorable <3
Man when I was younger, I would love to have him as my little brother. There's something I like about him more compared to the rest of the cast.

What parts of history?
Currently looking at Nomadic Tribes and such. Positives and negatives of living in one. I just love reading about them.

Did also do a bit of reading about Irish history as expected.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Man when I was younger, I would love to have him as my little brother. There's something I like about him more compared to the rest of the cast.

Currently looking at Nomadic Tribes and such. Positives and negatives of living in one. I just love reading about them.

Did also do a bit of reading about Irish history as expected.
Tails is a pure-hearted little fox buddy who's loyalty and golden heartedness is pretty astounding. He's naturally likable because his child-like innocence comes in spades but avoids being over the top or grating. And, he's meek and known for humility as well, not one to get all cocky like his BFF Sonic. If you could summarize Tails, it would be "wholesome." He's wholesome.

Nomadic tribes? That's pretty neat. Interesting culture they had, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Progress for Day 1. The original PNG was too high quality for the site. But hopefully you can still see where I'm going with this.
Annotation 2020-07-30 231849.png

There's a handful of changes to be made. The bangs on Tsunade gotta be a bit longer, and I gotta figure out how the heck I make King's Leopard Head look fairly natural on a human body, and how to angle the mask properly.

God I hope you are right.
For the drawing? Absolutely. For the Smash DLC? Only time will tell, my dude.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I gotta stop replying to people too fast. I think that creeps people out a bit.

I treat most online stuff like I do IRL conversations wise. That hopefully explains a few things to sum up in a few words.

Might start extending my self blocking on a lot more websites and for longer. Objective is to get the attention span back up to speed.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Progress for Day 1. The original PNG was too high quality for the site. But hopefully you can still see where I'm going with this.View attachment 280601

For the drawing? Absolutely. For the Smash DLC? Only time will tell, my dude.
I dunno why I read that as Number 7.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I treat most online stuff like I do IRL conversations wise. That hopefully explains a few things to sum up in a few words.

Might start extending my self blocking on a lot more websites and for longer. Objective is to get the attention span back up to speed.
What makes you think that people are creeped out by you replying so fast?

I mean, in our interaction, I'm cool with it. It's night for me and wicked early morning to you, so nothing else to do other than just chat and shoot the breeze right?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I don’t think replying too fast is ever a problem really. Like at all. Usually the opposite is the problem.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh well, may talk a bit too to relax after some stressful stuff tonight.

My parents really wants me to buy something in August for some reason. I was thinking about a new figure for my collection or something like that, but with the way I am loving P5 so much I am kinda tempted to also try out PQ2.

Although for that I may need feedback from osby osby and @Lamperouge to see if PQ2 is really worth It.
Depends on what you expect from it.

P5 characters and themes definitely get a lot of focus but there are a lot of spoilers about P3 and P4 characters. No endgame stuff, but they are there. The plot's fine, just not focused on the crossover aspect as much as it could. There is no dub so you're bound to miss the battle dialogues. Gameplay is pretty different from P5 so you might want to check a playthrough a little to see if it's your thing.

I liked it but it's not a game for everyone.

Dutch Raikuna

What makes you think that people are creeped out by you replying so fast?

I mean, in our interaction, I'm cool with it. It's night for me and wicked early morning to you, so nothing else to do other than just chat and shoot the breeze right?
It's the one thing I never understood is when it comes to people talking online via text especially. Using a friend IRL for example. I reply to her on a dime when talking about stuff and then sometimes she doesn't. My IRL best friend and myself kinda talk and apologise to each other when we don't message each other within a certain amount of time.

I don’t think replying too fast is ever a problem really. Like at all. Usually the opposite is the problem.
Think the hardest thing for all of us is that the IRL rules of engagement sometimes don't mean the same online if you get my drift.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

It's the one thing I never understood is when it comes to people talking online via text especially. Using a friend IRL for example. I reply to her on a dime when talking about stuff and then sometimes she doesn't. My IRL best friend and myself kinda talk and apologise to each other when we don't message each other within a certain amount of time.

Think the hardest thing for all of us is that the IRL rules of engagement sometimes don't mean the same online if you get my drift.
OK, now thinking about it, I don't know what I was talking about I think. Treating like online chats like IRL. I'm gonna head to bed. Get myself off the forums most of tomorrow and spend time reflecting and researching again.

Regardless, that's a good night from me and a good night from him. Signing off.

Edit: I need to stop editing my posts.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
>Be me
>Average day
"Oh, a channel I'm subscribed to has uploaded a new video."

*WAIT WHY THE HELL ARE THEY SUDDENLY A V-TUBER*

.....d-does this make me a simp?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I like how this is basically a Pokémon direct and they just threw zelda and Mario kart in for no reason lol.

A forest Maze cup would never happen but it would be such an amazing idea.
Sun and Moon DX, Gen 9 and Gen 10 all announced and developed at the same time, like any video game developer of GF's size will be able to handle 3 massive projects at once.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of Mario Kart, are we not going to talk about how King Bob-Omb is likely the next playable character in Tour?

I don’t know about you but the fact he’s like never shown up in anything after 64 really, tells me those Mario Ports are probably real.

But damn we really need the roster of Tour to be in the next Mainline Mario Kart.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Mario Kart, are we not going to talk about how King Bob-Omb is likely the next playable character in Tour?

I don’t know about you but the fact he’s like never shown up in anything after 64 really, tells me those Mario Ports are probably real.

But damn we really need the roster of Tour to be in the next Mainline Mario Kart.
He was in Paper Jam too

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sun and Moon DX, Gen 9 and Gen 10 all announced and developed at the same time, like any video game developer of GF's size will be able to handle 3 massive projects at once.
That and thinking anyone wants to play sun and moon again, Ultra kinda of bombed iirc and was the worse received third version. It’s best feature was shiny ultra beasts lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
He was in Paper Jam too
Who actually played that though? Like I did but I honestly don’t remember most of it lol.

Id say he’s far more know for Mario 64 then people playing that. It’s timing is just very interesting.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
USUM sold nearly 9 million and is in the top 10 best selling 3DS games, if that's a flop then Pokemon has major budget issues
I thought it sold like half that and platinum made them more.

Regardless they clearly still have budget issues based on a lot of sword and shield problems.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I thought it sold like half that and platinum made them more.

Regardless they clearly still have budget issues based on a lot of sword and shield problems.
The budget issues they'd have if damn near 9 million is a flop would mean they poured an obscene amount of money into it, SwoShi's a game that would have been cheap to make, the total opposite

Shroob

Sup?
The budget issues they'd have if damn near 9 million is a flop would mean they poured an obscene amount of money into it, SwoShi's a game that would have been cheap to make, the total opposite
I think that's the issue right there. SwoShi feel cheap.

Something like Odyssey, Ultimate or BotW feel like name-brands

SwoShi feels like a store brand

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think that's the issue right there. SwoShi feel cheap.

Something like Odyssey, Ultimate or BotW feel like name-brands

SwoShi feels like a store brand
This, BOTW and Odyssey show that they had a lot of Resources and money out into them. Meaning Sword and Shield from a franchise that makes just as much as those two, felt like minimum effort was put in, and big chunks of gameplay were deliberately left out for the sake of content down the line. Rather then with the former, where the added on content added to the experience rather then completed it.
A better budget and bigger team would in theory fix that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
season 3 of Walking Dead is pointless for everything that isn’t about Clem...always filler

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Does Sakura Sabre actually sound like a cool name for a weapon? Thought it would be nice to give Mega-Roll a sword weapon and can’t figure out what to name it.
You'll find the "Japanese Swordsmanship and naming conventions" thing is already done with Zero.

Anyway, with the way they do naming conventions for weapons (Mega Buster, X-Buster, Z-Saber, Bass Buster, Proto Shield) I think it'd include the word "Roll" somewhere in there.

With that in mind, I'd personally give Roll a bo staff (basically the broom without the cleaning part) and call it the "Staff Roll" or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom