• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I’ve had a bad day at work. I’m trying to move past it now.

You’re alright dude, it’s not anyone’s fault here.

See. All good JD. Life IRL is a ***** and that's why we come here. Or if you're me, just an introvert taking baby steps to get back to where he was.

Well you ****lords always got me to listen to and I'd happily do the same. I'm having some self reflecting right now.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @JDCabrera

You know, I have been following some game news regarding Ubi, and today I finally saw Yong Yea posting about all of it and even some points I hadn't seen before:

And after watching it, it made me wonder and maybe realize a LOT of things.

This Hascoet guy was probably (but it seems surely) the one that cancelled the Prince of Persia game that you showed footage of, and even the Rayman 4 prototypes, both the one that seemed to combine in a way Rayman 1, 2 and 3 when it came to the environments and the one with the Rabbids where it had Rayman directly fighting against them in an Apocalyptic level invasion rather than having him play minigames. The pushing of the Rabbids could also be his doing as well, the fact that the story that Rayman Origins was going to have was canned, and even Legends has not even a fraction of anything resembling a story either.

The fact that Ubisoft doesn't seem to pay as much attention to other AC Titles to the level they do to the Ezio Trilogy or anything regarding him. That only the small, portable titles have solo female leads, while the recent main ones (Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey) have a female alongside a male. The same-y feeling of the games, And there's probably more that I am forgetting.

And something that also matters to me, the fact that Rogue is so short and all of Shay's backstory is left in text, and there being a lot of hidden audios where implies that his crew and mainly him had nightmares about the Lisbon incident (Maybe also showing the tsunami that came after the earthquake and the fire storm?), him sounding like almost wanting to cry blaming himself and asking for forgiveness, and the ones where he literally sounds drunk, probably tied to the fact that he apparently went under depression after losing his father, before his friend Liam got him into the Brotherhood). I would have LOVED to see all that (as much as it would break my heart). But oh, he seems to have, as I just saw "a disdain for linear gameplay and cutscenes", so that is why the side quests and other stuff take priority. IF I hadn't gotten Rogue's deluxe edition with all the time savers, because I wanted to focus more on the short story more than guessing where to find collectibles, it would have taken me forever to even get things done. And well, how Shay is treated overall, at first it was he didn't even exist, not many being aware of his existence after being released a day prior to Unity and whatnot. You know, this makes me appreciate him a lot more than I already did.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well my Makoto figure has a mild bit of paint chipped off of her.

Good thing I had a marker with the same shade of black-ish grey that her outfit has so it was a quick fix.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @JDCabrera

You know, I have been following some game news regarding Ubi, and today I finally saw Yong Yea posting about all of it and even some points I hadn't seen before:

And after watching it, it made me wonder and maybe realize a LOT of things.

This Hascoet guy was probably (but it seems surely) the one that cancelled the Prince of Persia game that you showed footage of, and even the Rayman 4 prototypes, both the one that seemed to combine in a way Rayman 1, 2 and 3 when it came to the environments and the one with the Rabbids where it had Rayman directly fighting against them in an Apocalyptic level invasion rather than having him play minigames. The pushing of the Rabbids could also be his doing as well, the fact that the story that Rayman Origins was going to have was canned, and even Legends has not even a fraction of anything resembling a story either.

The fact that Ubisoft doesn't seem to pay as much attention to other AC Titles to the level they do to the Ezio Trilogy or anything regarding him. That only the small, portable titles have solo female leads, while the recent main ones (Syndicate, Origins and Odyssey) have a female alongside a male. The same-y feeling of the games, And there's probably more that I am forgetting.

And something that also matters to me, the fact that Rogue is so short and all of Shay's backstory is left in text, and there being a lot of hidden audios where implies that his crew and mainly him had nightmares about the Lisbon incident (Maybe also showing the tsunami that came after the earthquake and the fire storm?), him sounding like almost wanting to cry blaming himself and asking for forgiveness, and the ones where he literally sounds drunk, probably tied to the fact that he apparently went under depression after losing his father, before his friend Liam got him into the Brotherhood). I would have LOVED to see all that (as much as it would break my heart). But oh, he seems to have, as I just saw "a disdain for linear gameplay and cutscenes", so that is why the side quests and other stuff take priority. IF I hadn't gotten Rogue's deluxe edition with all the time savers, because I wanted to focus more on the short story more than guessing where to find collectibles, it would have taken me forever to even get things done. And well, how Shay is treated overall, at first it was he didn't even exist, not many being aware of his existence after being released a day prior to Unity and whatnot. You know, this makes me appreciate him a lot more than I already did.
Ubi really did all that? Huh. How very Nintendo of them.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Many think that Pokkén Tournament DX getting a free trial could mean something for Smash Ultimate.

But what I believe is more believable is something Pokémon related. After all we have The Crown Tundra, Zarude, Coco movie, and spin-offs news happening this year.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Many think that Pokkén Tournament DX getting a free trial could mean something for Smash Ultimate.

But what I believe is more believable is something Pokémon related. After all we have The Crown Tundra, Zarude, Coco movie, and spin-offs news happening this year.
Disney released Coco ages ago, weird that The Pokémon Company is rereleasing it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I got a long drive plus moving in tomorrow, which is a big pain. :215: I'll be up by 5 AM and cross over a few time zones before I make it to the end.

Dutch Raikuna

Trying to find myself on Google Street View. I found myself twice in the same place.

Trying to find the best one where I give off the reaction of "What the ****?"

Google has no sense of humour.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

you know too much
Insert X-flies theme here
"Wait what's that sound?

What.....what....is.....that......thing!?

Don't kill me! I'm Irish! I can give you drink!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!"

We......are.....collective.....to..........destroy.....humans....... *Glass smash sound*

Up next on forum theatre, it's a showing of "The Martian Sounding Irish Fella".

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Almost done with Mega Man 7. And I have three things to say.

1. **** Shade Man
2. **** Wily Capsule 7
3. Why on earth did they scrap the rewind feature for the 2nd legacy collection? The first one does and SNES NSO games have it so why can’t this?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
3. Why on earth did they scrap the rewind feature for the 2nd legacy collection? The first one does and SNES NSO games have it so why can’t this?
Because in the words of Big **** Mike: rewind features don't make you a real gamer

idk that's the only person i know of who didn't like rewind lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because in the words of Big **** Mike: rewind features don't make you a real gamer

idk that's the only person i know of who didn't like rewind lol
For older games like this I think it's damn near required. Especially since the "Save States" the game lets you use only save the items you've collected and the status of your meters. Not the position you were in in the stage.

AndreaAC

That's why it's one of my most favorite 'Mons! :b:

Thank Arceus Game Freak scrapped its 1997 prototype design:

View attachment 280667
...You know, I am now also glad that it stayed a cute duck rather than a lion thing. xD Feels more unique, to be honest. Though it is still kind of sad how much controversy surround Porygon because of that one episode.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here's hoping King of Fighters XV gets its first gameplay trailer at the roundtable.

Also a FighterZ reveal would be nice.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
now then you know what i think is reeeeeeal interesting about the fg roundtable

capcom is one of the companies involved

however, sfv news is confirmed to be a few days later

so if john capcom is there for a reveal

it's something else

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I still think there's a chance it will be Switch Exclusive.
A giant chunk of SNK's playerbase is on PS4 so I don't think it'll be a Switch exclusive. However I can definitely see a Switch port happening alongside the other versions.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the Fighting Game roundtable, the first hour is going to be dedicated to questions and answers, and the second half is going to involve reveals. So you likely won't need to pay attention for another hour or so.

Here's an alternate link: https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ve been trying to get the stupid Yugioh Neuron app for hours now but a stupid bug is preventing me from installing it. Of course.

AndreaAC

“Uh oh, Pikachu caused seizures! What do we do, Boss?!”

TPC: “Blame it on Porygon and pretend that necessitates it never appearing again in the future.”
:C Yeah...it's really unfair, unfortunately poor Porygon got nothing against Pokemon's equivalent of Mickey Mouse. I also find it odd that people are speculating that Mimikyu is Porygon...somehow. I still feel the poor thing needs a second chance.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Beat Wily Capsule 7. I bought 4 e-tanks and stopped trying to use the weakness and just used the super adaptor. Sure, it only does 1 point of damage compared to the weakness's 2, but the homing aspect of the fist attack can his him no matter where he is on the screen.

On the Mega Man 8!
Thinking about skipping this thing and getting the details later at this rate.
Suit yourself. I think this is pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom