• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like people are somehow blowing Crash's chances out of proportion since E3. Aside from learning his remake can be considered thanks to Eleven, nothing specifically points out his inclusion.

Not to mention Fighter Pass might turn out to be more Nintendo nostalgia oriented than we initially thought.

D

Deleted member

I feel like people are somehow blowing Crash's chances out of proportion since E3. Aside from learning his remake can be considered thanks to Eleven, nothing specifically points out his inclusion.

Not to mention Fighter Pass might turn out to be more Nintendo nostalgia oriented than we initially thought.
We can just speculate.

But as someone who has wanted both Eight and Crash in Smash for years, the idea of being this close to my dream Smash Bros game just feels tasty.
I will hope for the best, but I'll never give up until Sakurai comes out and says "Crash is not getting in".

That being said doh, I welcome any other picks.

Iridium

Smash Hero
When I get to play Ultimate, I want to see if I can start an SB online tourney soon. Considering how me and Pyra never got to finish those plans, it's on my mind to try.

And hey, someone found a nice bug with Meta Knight. Crobat.

Sandbag gets in, with the desire to have revenge on everyone who beat it to oblivion. No kidding, I want it as a bonus fighter at the end.

Mornin' y'all
The sky is blue.

D

Deleted member

Ok so last night I dreamt that I somehow managed to get 5 infraction points from one post

D

Deleted member

I'd honestly take Nintendo characters for the last two slots over others lol. Don't get me wrong, I've loved the additions so far (and the roster as a whole), but there are still so many Nintendo characters left that it would be a shame not to have them.

Anyway, with Banjo due out 'Fall 2019', that actually doesn't give a whole lot of time for the final 2 for the Fighter's Pass. Fall starts with September (I think), but each of these have been like 3 months a piece. Even starting in September, you've only got 3 months after that for 2 more characters. Either they're releasing the last 2 simultaneously or the release is being pushed into 2020 despite saying that they'll all be released this year.

D

Deleted member

Hey, staindgrey staindgrey
07C0E976-5864-4D14-A661-5962FAFCD4BD.jpeg
Guess who’s going to Raccoon City this summer?
A promise is a promise

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I finally found a high-quality version of my favorite picture of Zoe!! :3

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Question time: how would you rank the four Dragon Quest protagonists in Smash? Or, in other words, which ones will you use most and least? You don't have to know anything about the games (I sure don't), but it can just be on a design level.

IMO:
Solo > Eight > Erdrick > Luminary

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Question time: how would you rank the four Dragon Quest protagonists in Smash? Or, in other words, which ones will you use most and least? You don't have to know anything about the games (I sure don't), but it can just be on a design level.

IMO:
Lum=Eight=solo=Erdrick

to be honest Really, I love them all

D

Deleted member

IMO:
For me, the West only ever got 8 and 11 on console (I forget the others they got for DS), so mine would be:
Eight > Luminary/Solo > Erdrick

I'm assuming solo is the Merman looking one and I love his design, so he'll probably used as much as Luminary for me lol.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

IMO:
I like Erdrick's design the most, so I can see myself defaulting to him.
Eight has a mouse. That puts him 2nd.
The other two do not appeal to me from their designs. I would put Solo above Luminary for green hair alone. The latter seems kind of plain.

D

Deleted member

IMO:
Erdrick > Eight > Luminary >>> Solo

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

IMO:
Erdrick > Luminary > Solo > Eight

Yeah, idk the leaks and speculation have made me grow to appreciate Erdrick and his design the most.

Luminary's pretty neato, too

And Solo edges out over Eight for me, because I feel like he has a much more solid design.

Eight's just a little too basic for me, idk.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
solo is the only design of the four i find straight up ugly

the rest are equally fine but i'll use erdrick

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thinking about Crash Bandocoot's chances, I'd put them at a solid 75% with 13% of the doubt being Activision's cost being too high and 12% being Sony having some control over the situation (I know they had Crash N-Sane be exclusive and the Retro stuff in CTR:NF)

If there's a second fighter pass that jumps up to 90%. (with a 6% and 4% on the doubts)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Iridium

Smash Hero
So I found out "five minute pokemon" was a thing through this horrifying abomination.

Never again, internet.
Yeah, there was an article I read two days ago on it. I found even worse creations than this there.

Might have been a Machamp that got me, but I couldn't tell what it was.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
None of these insiders really knew about banjo till a week before his reveal. So I don’t think this should be discarded on that merit alone
That REALLY isn't how that works.

Most of the time insiders don't publicly confirm information right as soon as they get it. They felt comfortable talking about Banjo a week prior, but more than likely knew about him for a good while before that. Hell, that's pretty much what I've seen some people saying that I know are in-the-know.

Banjo was publicly mentioned by insiders a week prior. Odds are he was being rumored among them for several months beforehand at the very least, if not longer.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
That REALLY isn't how that works.

Most of the time insiders don't publicly confirm information right as soon as they get it. They felt comfortable talking about Banjo a week prior, but more than likely knew about him for a good while before that. Hell, that's pretty much what I've seen some people saying that I know are in-the-know.

Banjo was publicly mentioned by insiders a week prior. Odds are he was being rumored among them for several months beforehand at the very least, if not longer.
nintendo: "ah ****, we got leaked"
square enix: "ah ****, we got leaked"
microsoft: "ah ****, we got leaked"
atlus:

1560956863036.png

osby

Smash Obsessed

IMO:
Erdrick> Eight> Luminary> Solo

Erdrick is that cool and the one I'm most familiar with. Eight has Munchie and overall solid design with a more kind look. Luminary saved Link and I like Link. Solo is just there for me but neat sword.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm going Eight.

He looks like he's trying to cosplay Pan and Hit at the same time.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
tfw barely anyone like Solo

I unno, I kinda dig the vague Greek Myth or Merman aesthetic going on

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Matt didn't step down. Their head of animation did.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/dai...n-head-steps-down-at-rooster-teeth-animation/

Apparently like everyone else Rooster Teeth also had an unsustainable crunch culture, poor working conditions and a habit of bait-and-switching contract workers. Who ****ing knew.
I wonder why other places were saying thr head pff but besides that, what is with companies being like this. Only people I havent heard this from is Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom