• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The fact that none of the bigger insiders we know of know nothing about the remaining 2 should make it obvious these are all fake
None of these insiders really knew about banjo till a week before his reveal. So I don’t think this should be discarded on that merit alone

Shroob

Sup?
The fact that none of the bigger insiders we know of know nothing about the remaining 2 should make it obvious these are all fake
Eh, I dunno if that's a good measure.

At least in the base game, the whole ****ing roster was known internally by the end of June, including Echoes, and it took Verg until August to say "Oh btw Ken."

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
what im most suprised about is that Sega/Atlus manage to be zip tight shut about Joker while Square and Microsoft employees were secretly sharing info

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's a photo i took on Garry's mod:
20190619181059_1.jpg

'Yoshi and Poochy V.S Moldarach" (Scorpion boss from Skyward Sword)
sorry if it's small
I think I might do more Garry's Mod photos soon

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
what im most suprised about is that Sega/Atlus manage to be zip tight shut about Joker while Square and Microsoft employees were secretly sharing info
atlus has never really had leaks, smash or otherwise

the benefits of being a small, tightly-knit company

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hmm how likely would his have been as a prediction five months ago?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77349973

It still feels like a time when Steve would have been the go to in fake leaks. If this is real those last two are pretty good choices
Predicting either Erdrick or Banjo five months ago honestly isn't very impressive. Several people were throwing hints at Erdrick since before the VGAs, so that part of the prediction is likely just piggybacking. As for Banjo, he was arguably the most popular character not in Smash at the time. Of course people would've tried making fake leaks that include characters they like.

Now if this leak had Joker in it before he was announced? That's when I would've been suspicious.

But moving on to the rest of the leak's content, I'd consider that to be an underwhelming end to the DLC. I know absolutely nothing about LLoyd and his series, but any Tales character seems like a really niche and divisive choice for DLC. I'd expect his reveal to be twice as worse as Hero's. Then there's Crash, who I guess is someone I'm expected to be really excited for if he got in Smash. Sadly, I can't say he's ever clicked with me. It'd be a repeat of my first response to Banjo where I don't care about the character at all, but I try my best to act excited because everyone else is going crazy.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Lord help me..I want Byleth in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate..and its for the biggest, most superficial reason ever considering I know nothing about how she plays in Fire Emblem: Three Houses...I love her design..a lot. I would be completely fine with her as an Echo Fighter of Robin if she ends up as a Sword Mage in Three Houses.

I'm also now going to pretend that Corrin Costume #8 is referencing Byleth's colour scheme..

...and yes, I know, 'too many Fire Emblem characters'. What can I say? I like more of things I love and Fire Emblem is one of my top 5 favorite series along with The Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Persona, in no particular order...and yeah..more swords.....but I love swords..so yeah..

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Spicy hot take : this pokemon looks awful in my opinion

I'm not sold on it but I'll wait and see if it evolves into something cool

Speaking of Pokemon, I bet they could partly deal with some of the current PR ****storm if they revealed a load of new mons - that always puts people in a good mood

D

Deleted member

People outside this site and the Crash discord servers really sleep on the bandicoot's chances for Smash, tbh.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I'll be here for about an hour, then I have my exam, and then I'll (hopefully) be back for the rest of the school day. :3

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Something weird needs to happen soon. I’m tired of just ghosting the forums all day only to come back at the end of the day and complain about work.
Well we're probably not hearing anything Smash related for a while - especially not about fighters 4 and 5. We could get a direct in August though, judging how they dealt with Joker, Nintendo dumping a video with no fanfare seems a more likely option. While stuff about the final two fighters might leak closer to the time, the fact there hasn't been anything (apparently) about them yet seems like none of the insiders will know until then

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well we're probably not hearing anything Smash related for a while - especially not about fighters 4 and 5. We could get a direct in August though, judging how they dealt with Joker, Nintendo dumping a video with no fanfare seems a more likely option. While stuff about the final two fighters might leak closer to the time, the fact there hasn't been anything (apparently) about them yet seems like none of the insiders will know until then
It doesn’t HAVE to be Smash. Just something interesting in pop culture that holds our attention for a few days. I doubt Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie will generate the same kinds of discussion Persona 5 did.

D

Deleted member

So, I just got the notes from my final exams...

I PASSED ALL OF THEM AND GOT THE FULL YEAR CLEAN WITH EVERYTHING APPROVED

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hey guys, I'll be here for about an hour, then I have my exam, and then I'll (hopefully) be back for the rest of the school day. :3
Good luck!

So, I just got the notes from my final exams...

I PASSED ALL OF THEM AND GOT THE FULL YEAR CLEAN WITH EVERYTHING APPROVED
... And congrats!

Ahh exams, I 'member those days

D

Deleted member

So yeah, instead of repeating this year with 3 subjects suspended, I got those three subjects back and now can do the university tests to go there after the summer.

Hopefully I manage to make those exams not ruin my trip to Madrid.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
People outside this site and the Crash discord servers really sleep on the bandicoot's chances for Smash, tbh.
Honestly, while I think he, and Sora, have fairly good chances, I don't know HOW good they are.
Crash Bandicoot was in all ways but literal a dead series up until the N-Sane Trilogy and now Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled.
As far as I see it, while the remakes are being received well, its virtually unknown what the future will hold for the Bandicoot..he's now out of his widely seen 'good' games to remake, so we don't what the future holds. Will actual new good games start coming out or will Crash Bandicoot go back into virtual obscurity?
Yeah, I know, Banjo-Kazooie is in a similar place..less than even..but until Crash Bandicoot, Banjo & Kazooie have history with Nintendo and have been wanted in Super Smash Bros. ever since the original, Crash isn't in that same place, regardless of world-wide popularity.
We also have to consider how many picks were likely influenced by a mixture of Sakurai's own tastes (like Joker) and the Fighter Ballot (K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo & Kazooie, DQ Hero). The latter came out before the N-Sane Trilogy, so Crash wasn't back in the limelight and not really on a lot of people's radar's and although B-K are Western characters, their unique background as 2nd Party Nintendo characters turned Rival 1st Party characters makes them a unique case while Crash would be something else entirely.
As such, I can't say whether Crash is likely or unlikely.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, while I think he, and Sora, have fairly good chances, I don't know HOW good they are.
Crash Bandicoot was in all ways but literal a dead series up until the N-Sane Trilogy and now Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled.
As far as I see it, while the remakes are being received well, its virtually unknown what the future will hold for the Bandicoot..he's now out of his widely seen 'good' games to remake, so we don't what the future holds. Will actual new good games start coming out or will Crash Bandicoot go back into virtual obscurity?
Yeah, I know, Banjo-Kazooie is in a similar place..less than even..but until Crash Bandicoot, Banjo & Kazooie have history with Nintendo and have been wanted in Super Smash Bros. ever since the original, Crash isn't in that same place, regardless of world-wide popularity.
We also have to consider how many picks were likely influenced by a mixture of Sakurai's own tastes (like Joker) and the Fighter Ballot (K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo & Kazooie, DQ Hero). The latter came out before the N-Sane Trilogy, so Crash wasn't back in the limelight and not really on a lot of people's radar's and although B-K are Western characters, their unique background as 2nd Party Nintendo characters turned Rival 1st Party characters makes them a unique case while Crash would be something else entirely.
As such, I can't say whether Crash is likely or unlikely.
Crash had some relations with Nintendo doh.

Some of his best received games after the Naughty Dog era were the GBA exclusive 2D platformers.

So while not as strong as Banjo's connections, Crash is still far from being a solely PlayStation icon.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Crash had some relations with Nintendo doh.

Some of his best received games after the Naughty Dog era were the GBA exclusive 2D platformers.

So while not as strong as Banjo's connections, Crash is still far from being a solely PlayStation icon.
While true, almost no one thinks of the GameBoy Advance games when they think of Crash Bandicoot, they think of the Naughty Dog games on PlayStation similarly to how when people think of Mega Man, they think of the Mega Man games on the NES or for Street Fighter they think of Street Fighter II in the Arcades or the on the SNES.
I mean, really, to many people, Crash Bandicoot died after Crash Team Racing, few people were even aware that there even were games for Crash released after the PSone..kind of the same for Spyro, honestly. There's a reason both N-Sane Trilogy and Re-Ignited Trilogy solely focused on the original PSone games and none of the games that followed.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Am I the only one that would very much prefer Heihachi over Lloyd Irving?
I'm sure you're not, the thing is that most Smash fans are primarily Nintendo fans, so of course they naturally gravitate more towards characters with the stronger Nintendo history, like Lloyd, over one that doesn't, like Heihachi (primarily PlayStation despite a smattering of Nintendo games).
I mean, I like Lloyd over Heihachi, but I'd love Asuka over both..even if that'll never happen lol

D

Deleted member

Agumon is the Namco rep don't @ me
EDIT: I gotta go for my exam. See you guys in a bit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Lord help me..I want Byleth in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate..and its for the biggest, most superficial reason ever considering I know nothing about how she plays in Fire Emblem: Three Houses...I love her design..a lot. I would be completely fine with her as an Echo Fighter of Robin if she ends up as a Sword Mage in Three Houses.

I'm also now going to pretend that Corrin Costume #8 is referencing Byleth's colour scheme..

...and yes, I know, 'too many Fire Emblem characters'. What can I say? I like more of things I love and Fire Emblem is one of my top 5 favorite series along with The Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Persona, in no particular order...and yeah..more swords.....but I love swords..so yeah..
personally her design is grade A awful until she puts on pants, then shes ok

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tekkén in Smash would be amazing, indeed.
Not sure about amazing (I've only played it once in an arcade and wasn't a fan of how it played), but Tekken definitely has the legacy, sales and critical acclaim to make a playable character from it make sense.

Heihachi himself would also be a very distinct character with a strong personality. You don't see morally questionable main characters like Bayonetta and Wario getting into Smash everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom