• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
You're right.

Its past midnight. I should go to sleep...

...nap.
Yeah I'm with you. I should be sleep, I mean I'm so tired I literally just told somebody that I was already sleep. :o
So idk why the hell I'm on Smashboards when I can hardly form a proper sentences

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Pretty sure every pokemon game is hated when it first releases. B/W used to be reviled but now its where the series peaked.
Sun and Moon had a pretty good reception from what I seen of the reactions online when it first released, but the negativity towards the game arrived months later.

X and Y seemed to be looked down on when they first released and they are still considered to be a low point in the series.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pretty sure every pokemon game is hated when it first releases. B/W used to be reviled but now its where the series peaked.
Depends on who you ask really, it's either the best generation ever made for Pokémon due to its storytelling, content (mostly in B2W2), and deviations, or the spawn of the devil that tainted the series forever for those same reasons. It has improved over the years, but it has never truly shaken its contested nature.

I feel Gen 6 and 7 are going to be the same since both have traits that are easy to pick on, especially since the former never got a Platinum to salvage its issues while the latter's third version was contested itself.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It’s been one week and banjo is in smash still! This is crazy!

Btw when will we get emotes of hero and banjos stock icons? they’re visible on the smash website.
We have the option of adding Banjo and Hero for mains, but when you do, it's the Falcon 64 icon for Banjo (haven't tried Hero). Probably in due time.

Banjo & Kazooie's page is still not up on the official site--guess it's because of the double reveal, I'm thinking it'll go up after Hero's released.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You know how the saying goes, the best time to make a ****post was ten years ago.
The second best time is now.

Or something, I forget how it goes.
no this is exactly how it goes

these are words i live by

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Carl forgot to upload the heroes trailer but he uploaded that draglia lost one. However the heroes Reddit is going crazy over it and this made me laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
whats worse:

having an annoying wifi camper teabag you constantly

or getting bodied in a game and the opponent says "well played"

Shroob

Sup?
Hmm how likely would his have been as a prediction five months ago?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77349973

It still feels like a time when Steve would have been the go to in fake leaks. If this is real those last two are pretty good choices
No complaints from me, but of course this is a big "Doubt".

Lloyd would probably get lambasted as "ANOTHER ANIME SWORD" until people remember "Wait, we actually wanted this one".

Crash in Smash would be the dream.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hmm how likely would his have been as a prediction five months ago?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77349973

It still feels like a time when Steve would have been the go to in fake leaks. If this is real those last two are pretty good choices
Could be a lucky guess (only two right so far is Erdrick and Banjo, since Joker and Piranha Plant were already revealed, as well as Mii costumes returning). Erdrick was already rumored at that point (saying Hero would have given them extra points), and Banjo still had been speculated a lot by that point. They have gotten the order right 2 out of 2, so far though.

I agree, they are great choices, and all of the stuff mentioned sounds reasonable (no plans for a season 2, but not ruling it out). I'd say to keep an eye on it.

EDIT:

No complaints from me, but of course this is a big "Doubt".

Lloyd would probably get lambasted as "ANOTHER ANIME SWORD" until people remember "Wait, we actually wanted this one".

Crash in Smash would be the dream.
Does make sense to balance--if we're going to have another animal-based platforming character from the nineties, might as well have an anime swordsmen to go along with him. :chuckle:

And agreed, getting Banjo and Crash in the same pass would be the dream of mine.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
whats worse:

having an annoying wifi camper teabag you constantly

or getting bodied in a game and the opponent says "well played"
the former.

At least in the case of getting bodied politely it's over quick. With teabag camper you're wasting your time and it doesn't even feel good if you win.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It still says Erdrick instead of Hero so ehhhhhhh
To be fair though. Erdrick was also what verge called hero. It’s technically not wrong for multiple reasons. For whatever reason the real insiders only heard the hero be referred to as Erdrick

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair though. Erdrick was also what verge called hero. It’s technically not wrong for multiple reasons. For whatever reason the real insiders only heard the hero be referred to as Erdrick
maybe because he's the only one with a real name :secretkpop:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Because I'm bored.

01: Mario
02: Donkey Kong
03: Link
04: Samus
04e: Dark Samus
05: Yoshi
06: Kirby
07: Fox
08: Pikachu
09: Luigi
10: Ness
11: Captain Falcon
12: Jigglypuff
13: Peach
13e: Daisy
14: Bowser
15: Ice Climbers
16: Sheik
17: Zelda
18: Dr. Mario
19: Pichu
20: Falco
21: Marth
21e: Lucina
22: Young Link
23: Ganondorf
24: Mewtwo
25: Roy
25e: Chrom
26: Mr. Game & Watch
27: Meta Knight
28: Pit
28e: Dark Pit
29: Zero Suit Samus
30: Wario
31: Snake
32: Ike
33-35: Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
36: Diddy Kong
37: Lucas
38: Sonic
39: King Dedede
40: Olimar
41: Lucario
42: R.O.B.
43: Toon Link
44: Wolf
45: Villager
46: Mega Man
47: Wii Fit Trainer
48: Rosalina & Luma
49: Little Mac
50: Greninja
51-53: Mii (Brawler, Gunner, Swordfighter)
54: Palutena
55: Pac-Man
56: Robin
57: Shulk
58: Bowser Jr.
59: Duck Hunt
60: Ryu
60e: Ken
61: Cloud
62: Corrin
63: Bayonetta
64: Inkling
65: Ridley
66: Simon
66e: Richter
67: King K. Rool
68: Isabelle
69: Incineroar
70: Piranha Plant
71: Joker
72: Hero
73: Banjo & Kazooie
74: Nightmare
75: Crash

Also if Nightmare and Crash were the final reveals how satisfied would you guys be overall of the Season Pass and final two DLC?
I know fighting game franchises are huge and probably deserve a spot in Smash as much as any other. But honestly, the likes of Nightmare and Heihachi have never done anything for me. They’d be solid enough choices for their respective series, but the characters alone don’t really excite or interest me. As always, it depends on their move set too.

Though, getting Crash would be great, so I’ll gladly take Nightmare to make that happen haha (and I like Soulcalibur more than Tekken...)

I mean technically it's correct.:mybodyisreggie:

It's one to watch out for, but until the next reveal, it's just another one to throw on the pile. If Lloyd is next, then we got something.
Lloyd is kind of a safe pick that people have been predicting for ages though... even if a leak gets him right, I’d still be hesitant to really pay much attention to it because his name comes up like all the time.

Shroob

Sup?
I know fighting game franchises are huge and probably deserve a spot in Smash as much as any other. But honestly, the likes of Nightmare and Heihachi have never done anything for me. They’d be solid enough choices for their respective series, but the characters alone don’t really excite or interest me. As always, it depends on their move set too.

Though, getting Crash would be great, so I’ll gladly take Nightmare to make that happen haha (and I like Soulcalibur more than Tekken...)

Lloyd is kind of a safe pick that people have been predicting for ages though... even if a leak gets him right, I’d still be hesitant to really pay much attention to it because his name comes up like all the time.
Oh Lloyd is definitely safe.

But the benefits of the September Direct is we'll know 4 of the 5 Fighter's Pass characters.

That'll make weeding out a potential REAL leak a lot easier. It's easy to get 1-2 characters, but getting potentially 4 right is a different story.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

This is why if I predict a Tales character, I always go with Yuri. I mean, he's Tales' Cloud. The only way I could see Lloyd getting in instead is if the Smash fanbase spammed him during the ballot and the Tales fanbase ignored it.

Shroob

Sup?
This is why if I predict a Tales character, I always go with Yuri. I mean, he's Tales' Cloud. The only way I could see Lloyd getting in instead is if the Smash fanbase spammed him during the ballot and the Tales fanbase ignored it.
I definitely think Yuri would get in too, the guy's popularity can't be understated.

But at the same time, Sakurai says it "Has to be Lloyd"

Lloyd:

The Tales series has 20 years of history, how did you decide on Lloyd for the costume?

Sakurai: I’m not sure if there was any other appropriate choice?

For example, how about the protagonist of the first game, Cress? [TN: From Tales of Phantasia]

Sakurai: I really think it has to be Lloyd here (laughs). I could have gone down the route of choosing from the first entry in the series, but for old games it’s somewhat common for the editorial supervision from the original creator to make the process difficult.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I definitely think Yuri would get in too, the guy's popularity can't be understated.

But at the same time, Sakurai says it "Has to be Lloyd"

Lloyd:

The Tales series has 20 years of history, how did you decide on Lloyd for the costume?

Sakurai: I’m not sure if there was any other appropriate choice?

For example, how about the protagonist of the first game, Cress? [TN: From Tales of Phantasia]

Sakurai: I really think it has to be Lloyd here (laughs). I could have gone down the route of choosing from the first entry in the series, but for old games it’s somewhat common for the editorial supervision from the original creator to make the process difficult.

https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/
For the costume. And it's been years. In addition... Nintendo picked the DLC this time (or at least gave him a list). It would be smart to advertise the one with the recent port from a marketing standpoint. Note how the Hero's series logo on the site says "Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition S" instead of just showing the Dragon Quest logo. Same for "Bayonetta 2" and "Persona 5." Food for thought.

Shroob

Sup?
For the costume. And it's been years. In addition... Nintendo picked the DLC this time (or at least gave him a list). It would be smart to advertise the one with the recent port from a marketing standpoint. Note how the Hero's series logo on the site says "Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition S" instead of just showing the Dragon Quest logo. Same for "Bayonetta 2" and "Persona 5." Food for thought.
I definitely don't know enough about the series to make a judgment call here. The only Tales of I've ever played is Abyss.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I definitely don't know enough about the series to make a judgment call here. The only Tales of I've ever played is Abyss.
I would say for sure Yuri, because he has the same appeal as Cloud (most popular protagonist in his franchise, thus more likely to sell well to the general demographic), but Banjo's entrance into Smash does give me the impression that the list included longtime Smash fan requests as well, which are less likely as a whole to sell as well. I guess only time will tell, but I'm giving it a 60% (Yuri) and 40% (Lloyd) if we get a Tales rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom