• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

i'd love to see edward falcon make it but capcom avoids making any references to power stone like the plague so i wouldn't count on it

otherwise, i'd like to see jon talbain and the return of gambit, jin and hayato
Being able to main both Gambit and Viewtiful Joe would be the dream.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Since we’re still on the topic, I posted this MvC roster I had a week or two ago
How’s this for a future MvC roster? Imagine this after DLC:
  1. Ant-Man/Wasp
  2. Black Panther
  3. Black Widow
  4. Blade
  5. Captain America
  6. Captain Marvel
  7. Daredevil
  8. Deadpool
  9. Doctor Doom
  10. Doc Ock
  11. Doctor Strange
  12. Dormammu
  13. Falcon
  14. Gambit
  15. Ghost Rider
  16. Hawkeye
  17. Hulk
  18. Invisible Woman
  19. Iron Man
  20. Loki
  21. Magneto
  22. Miles Morales
  23. Ms. Marvel
  24. Pheonix
  25. Rocket Raccoon/Groot
  26. Scarlet Witch
  27. Spider-Man
  28. Storm
  29. Thanos
  30. Thor
  31. Venom
  32. Wolverine
  1. Amaterasu
  2. Arthur
  3. Albert Wesker
  4. Captain Commando
  5. Chun-Li
  6. Dante
  7. Dr. Wily
  8. Felicia
  9. Frank West
  10. Guile
  11. Jedah
  12. Jill Valentine
  13. Leon S. Kennedy
  14. M. Bison
  15. Mega Man
  16. Mike Haggar
  17. Monster Hunter
  18. Morrigan
  19. Nemesis
  20. Nero
  21. Pheonix Wright
  22. Rad Spencer
  23. Regina
  24. Roll
  25. Ryu
  26. Sigma
  27. Strider
  28. Trish
  29. X
  30. Vergil
  31. Viewitful Joe
  32. Zero

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Like no offence to the crowd and I still stand by my comment last night of how I see a lot of yous friends and that I like being in this community.

My God though, it's the one damn topic from my view that's get buried or not even liked. It's making me think it's a taboo or higher plane deity has cursed me to it. And every topic is grand except anime for my luck.

And I've said this before but it can kill a guy's mood. I understand it being a forum but man. No change in my view and I'll probably forget about tomorrow until happens again.
Occasionally I'll bring up topics, but they'll be moreso for an update. I won't necessarily expect any responses. Usually I'll just reply to what somewhat else said, if it was interesting. I do try to respond to your posts, but I won't always have something to say about the anime you mention.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly... unless they make a roster that’s over double the size of UMvC3.... I don’t think Capcom could satisfy anyone with a new MvC roster. It’s like trying to please both halves of the Sonic fandom.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Honestly... unless they make a roster that’s over double the size of UMvC3.... I don’t think Capcom could satisfy anyone with a new MvC roster. It’s like trying to please both halves of the Sonic fandom.
I don't think so. It doesn't need to be doubled, at least to me. Heck, UMvC3 had less characters then MvC2. It's just that the roster needs to be at the quality of those games, which it wasn't in MvC:I. MvC4 does need to improve on the roster significantly. Will it pull what is known as an "SSBU move"? I don't know and we won't know until MvC4 gets announced, if it does at all.

D

Deleted member

Just beat Hollow Knights this is now one of my favorite games I’ve played, period.
Glad to hear so!

I really want to try that Game too! Hopefully during Christmas as I have plans to finally buy Persona 5 Royal next month already.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think so. It doesn't need to be doubled, at least to me. Heck, UMvC3 had less characters then MvC2. It's just that the roster needs to be at the quality of those games, which it wasn't in MvC:I. MvC4 does need to improve on the roster significantly. Will it pull what is known as an "SSBU move"? I don't know and we won't know until MvC4 gets announced, if it does at all.
You mean MvC5.

And IMO... those games had really poor quality rosters. Too many heavy hitters were left off in favor of obscure and weird minor ones and there were WAY too many X-Men. But fixing those problems will just cause another infinite situation of people whining that there aren’t enough X-Men and that there are too many “MCU” characters when that’s not how it ****ing works. That’s like complaining that there are too many Marvel characters in the game. But cater to the X-Men fans and then you alienate everyone who loves marvel that didn’t grow up in the 90s.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
You mean MvC5.

And IMO... those games had really poor quality rosters. Too many heavy hitters were left off in favor of obscure and weird minor ones and there were WAY too many X-Men. But fixing those problems will just cause another infinite situation of people whining that there aren’t enough X-Men and that there are too many “MCU” characters when that’s not how it ****ing works. That’s like complaining that there are too many Marvel characters in the game. But cater to the X-Men fans and then you alienate everyone who loves marvel that didn’t grow up in the 90s.
While I agree, you should also prioritize catering to everyone. Keep a certain amount of heavy hitters, with an equal amount of obscure characters.
If they complain, who cares? At least they have something.
Sorry for joining the discussion out of nowhere.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm still somewhat annoyed by my post burying and it always seems to be that topic. Especially being a certain episode and such. I'm a little upset.

And man but is my eccentricity going off the rails tonight. I haven't drank or anything but my brain is feeling off. And because my household is loud I can't go to sleep.

I don't know the feeling. Might need to rant.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
But fixing those problems will just cause another infinite situation of people whining that there aren’t enough X-Men
people didn't complain that there weren't enough x-men, people complained that there were no x-men at all

otherwise you'd see a lot of hate towards mvc3's roster too

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While I agree, you should also prioritize catering to everyone. Keep a certain amount of heavy hitters, with an equal amount of obscure characters.
If they complain, who cares? At least they have something.
Sorry for joining the discussion out of nowhere.
..... no. That’s just.... not a good idea. And now I’m officially shifting from a profit motivation to a quality of project motivation. When you’re making a crossover, it becomes important to have ALL your big guys there at least for the first installment. You can’t have anyone go “why did you leave out X? They’re iconic”. It’s like Smash to a point. They didn’t start including weirdos like ROB, Palutena, or Duck Hunt until long after they covered all their bases and had the most iconic characters to their brand represented. But the problem with MvC is that they’ve never had that “first installment” that says “the gang’s all here”. Ever since day one they’ve kind of just done whatever. So they need to finally do that. Make room for all the heavy hitters. All the big sellers and their arch enemies, maybe a supporting character or two, and then you can start to bring back the weirdos. That’s when you can have your Shuma-Gorath’s and your X-23’s and your Spiral’s and your Marrow’s and your Gambits’s and Sentinels.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
..... no. That’s just.... not a good idea. And now I’m officially shifting from a profit motivation to a quality of project motivation. When you’re making a crossover, it becomes important to have ALL your big guys there at least for the first installment. You can’t have anyone go “why did you leave out X? They’re iconic”. It’s like Smash to a point. They didn’t start including weirdos like ROB, Palutena, or Duck Hunt until long after they covered all their bases and had the most iconic characters to their brand represented. But the problem with MvC is that they’ve never had that “first installment” that says “the gang’s all here”. Ever since day one they’ve kind of just done whatever. So they need to finally do that. Make room for all the heavy hitters. All the big sellers and their arch enemies, maybe a supporting character or two, and then you can start to bring back the weirdos. That’s when you can have your Shuma-Gorath’s and your X-23’s and your Spiral’s and your Marrow’s and your Gambits’s and Sentinels.
MvC2 had a lot of weirdos because it was basically an asset flip game, like BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle. Sure, there were some new characters, but most of them were re-used from older Marvel fighting games that were made by Capcom. That's why it had characters like Spiral, Blackheart, Sentinel, Silver Samurai, Omega Red, etc. I think the only characters that it left out were bosses, palette-swapped secret characters, Norimaro (a bizarre cameo from a real-life comedian who was only in the Japanese version of Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter), and Anita from Darkstalkers, who was a secret character in the Japanese version of Marvel Superheroes.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
The difference is Nintendo has way more clear heavy hitters. In melee, they had pretty much covered all the points. Marvel isn’t so simple. You can’t have Iron Man without Captain America, but then you start having too many heavy hitters.
What they really need to do is help determine who is truly a heavy hitter and needs to be in. Just like Smash did.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm still somewhat annoyed by my post burying and it always seems to be that topic. Especially being a certain episode and such. I'm a little upset.
And man but is my eccentricity going off the rails tonight. I haven't drank or anything but my brain is feeling off. And because my household is loud I can't go to sleep.
I don't know the feeling. Might need to rant.
Yeah I might go on a rant about a few things. I'm unusually moody today.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
people didn't complain that there weren't enough x-men, people complained that there were no x-men at all

otherwise you'd see a lot of hate towards mvc3's roster too
Really wish that marvel had charged through it the way Capcom did with SFV. They really saved that game. And if you look at the characters the leaks said were coming down the line
Star-Lord
Ms. Marvel
Wolverine
Deadpool
Daredevil
Wolverine
Storm
Psylocke
Magneto
Dr. Doom
Green Goblin

Asura
Rashid
G
Lady
Akuma
Vergil
Gene (God Hand)
Captain Commando
Apollo Justice
Regina
Nina
Deis

That would have been a great roster. Not the best, there would still be some missing big swingers. But overall... pretty great. But nope. Disney rushed the game through production to compete with Injustice 2 and it suffered as a result and caused people to not even give it a chance. The game died and never got the chance to grow the way SFV did. And that’s our fault for ********.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The difference is Nintendo has way more clear heavy hitters. In melee, they had pretty much covered all the points. Marvel isn’t so simple. You can’t have Iron Man without Captain America, but then you start having too many heavy hitters.
What they really need to do is help determine who is truly a heavy hitter and needs to be in. Just like Smash did.
Headliners. The characters that get their own films and tv shows and have been starting in their own books for decades. Those are who you should prioritize.

MvC2 had a lot of weirdos because it was basically an asset flip game, like BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle. Sure, there were some new characters, but most of them were re-used from older Marvel fighting games that were made by Capcom. That's why it had characters like Spiral, Blackheart, Sentinel, Silver Samurai, Omega Red, etc. I think the only characters that it left out were bosses, palette-swapped secret characters, Norimaro (a bizarre cameo from a real-life comedian who was only in the Japanese version of Marvel Superheroes vs. Street Fighter), and Anita from Darkstalkers, who was a secret character in the Japanese version of Marvel Superheroes.
And yet nobody criticizes it. They want to go back to that with the excess of X-Men and Street Fighter characters. At least, that’s what this all tells me.

And the X-Men aren’t even that cool to begin with.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Only bosses that were too big (insert Ridley joke here). Which Juggernaut wasn't but Apocalype was.
palette-swapped secret characters
They actually subtly included one: Iron Man was based off MvC1 War Machine while War Machine was based off Gold War Machine. A couple of SF characters can also turn into their palette-swap versions.

Dutch Raikuna

Got any warm milk or peppermint tea? That could help you unwind.
Might try that. Doesn't hurt to try a new drink.

Problem is that it won't get rid of the main problems. I get moody because I can't get sleep and I can't because of a few reasons. It's why I'm on the forums til 4am/5am most nights.

I'm off the rocker a bit today even before the post burying and might talk it out here. People think I'm bipolar (not you guys) with the constant jumping of moods and one of my former classmates seems to be on that.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I see where you are coming from, but there are holes.

When you are doing a crossover, you should have a good chunk of heavy hitters, yes. However, if you are a franchise like Smash Bros. or Marvel vs. Capcom, at a point you want to add in some odd ball characters to spice things up a bit. Even Smash 64 had an oddball choice with Jigglypuff and Melee had Mr. Game & Watch which defined the term "odd". Also, slight thing here, but I don't think Gambit is your resident oddball pick. He's one of the more popular X-Men.

Marvel vs. Capcom's closest game to "the gang is all here" is Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with everyone from Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes all in the game, giving it room to add in characters like Marrow or Anakaris or B.B Hood while Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite had no idea what it wanted to do with it's roster (especially Capcom's side). Marvel vs. Capcom also has it's fair share of oddballs and flat out bizarre characters (have you seen Norimaro from MSHvsSF or Anita from Marvel Super Heroes?).

MvC:I was the mess it was because Disney really wanted to be seen as the head honcho in terms of demands and how the roster was going to be, at least in the Marvel side. But it was also a mess because the game was strangely, and stupidly, a BUDGET title. Which means they couldn't do a lot with the money they had, which is baffling because you have support from Marvel and Disney, with their near endless supply of money. MvC:I is just an enigma.

Marvel 3 was the most experimental one in terms of roster additions which in my opinion, gave it the best and most varied roster in the series so far. While removing Mega Man and Venom was dumb, a lot of the characters introduced in Marvel 3 are excellent additions to the roster.

Marvel vs. Capcom is a franchise that with the right amount of freedom and negotiations, can go ham with the roster. Heck, they could pull a "Everyone Is Here" if they want. But the question are they willing to go that far? Now, both companies have the money and resources to do it. But will they? That's the question. I think MvC4 or MvC5 (if you count Infinite as MvC4) would be the best time to pull it off. They want to get back everyone they lost from the fanbase due to MvC:I so what better way to do then to pull of a Smash Ultimate and make it the swan song of the series if need be.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
I wonder should I get xcde? I haven’t played a xeno game before

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see where you are coming from, but there are holes.

When you are doing a crossover, you should have a good chunk of heavy hitters, yes. However, if you are a franchise like Smash Bros. or Marvel vs. Capcom, at a point you want to add in some odd ball characters to spice things up a bit. Even Smash 64 had an oddball choice with Jigglypuff and Melee had Mr. Game & Watch which defined the term "odd". Also, slight thing here, but I don't think Gambit is your resident oddball pick. He's one of the more popular X-Men.

Marvel vs. Capcom's closest game to "the gang is all here" is Marvel vs. Capcom 2 with everyone from Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes all in the game, giving it room to add in characters like Marrow or Anakaris or B.B Hood while Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite had no idea what it wanted to do with it's roster (especially Capcom's side). Marvel vs. Capcom also has it's fair share of oddballs and flat out bizarre characters (have you seen Norimaro from MSHvsSF or Anita from Marvel Super Heroes?).

MvC:I was the mess it was because Disney really wanted to be seen as the head honcho in terms of demands and how the roster was going to be, at least in the Marvel side. But it was also a mess because the game was strangely, and stupidly, a BUDGET title. Which means they couldn't do a lot with the money they had, which is baffling because you have support from Marvel and Disney, with their near endless supply of money. MvC:I is just an enigma.

Marvel 3 was the most experimental one in terms of roster additions which in my opinion, gave it the best and most varied roster in the series so far. While removing Mega Man and Venom was dumb, a lot of the characters introduced in Marvel 3 are excellent additions to the roster.

Marvel vs. Capcom is a franchise that with the right amount of freedom and negotiations, can go ham with the roster. Heck, they could pull a "Everyone Is Here" if they want. But the question are they willing to go that far? Now, both companies have the money and resources to do it. But will they? That's the question. I think MvC4 or MvC5 (if you count Infinite as MvC4) would be the best time to pull it off. They want to get back everyone they lost from the fanbase due to MvC:I so what better way to do then to pull of a Smash Ultimate and make it the swan song of the series if need be.
I could see an everyone is here if you just use UMvC3, Infinite, and Infinite’s cut dlc characters. But expanding it to include 2... you’re starting to get close to my infamous 100 character rosters.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Headliners. The characters that get their own films and tv shows and have been starting in their own books for decades. Those are who you should prioritize.

And yet nobody criticizes it. They want to go back to that with the excess of X-Men and Street Fighter characters. At least, that’s what this all tells me.

And the X-Men aren’t even that cool to begin with.
And then,, people complain. That’s why we’d need a good mixture of both. Because Marvel has a good ton of those, of course it’s gonna be hard to balance it. It will be easier once they realize who they’ll need to sacrifice to keep things even.
It's for this.

It beat it's goal in under a minute :yoshi:
I personally have no idea what that is, but I’m glad you enjoy it!
But geez, that got a lot of money really fast

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I love kirby, and never really thought there should be much to the lore :p He's a blob that can eat almost anything and copy powers. Does the lore need to make sense?
For people to say that it has the best lore in Nintendo, yeah, it should make sense. And that's why I'm saying that Kirby's lore isn't as good as people make it out to be, simply because it just isn't coherent.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For people to say that it has the best lore in Nintendo, yeah, it should make sense. And that's why I'm saying that Kirby's lore isn't as good as people make it out to be, simply because it just isn't coherent.
Lol, who's said that kirby's lore is good?
It's got great history for a game. I still marvel at what they managed to do for the first on nes, it was a great gem.
Kirby got some love in smash ultimate for the story, maybe that's something.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
For **** sake.

Why is it every ****ing time I mention anime it gets buried. It always bloody happens.

Like honest to God here. I'm not a mopey ******* but every topic is fine except that it seems.
I'd love to chime in on ReZero since I enjoy anime but I've actually never seen it. Currently I've been trying to finish Bakemonogatari, and it's pretty fun...albeit a little weird. Not entirely sure what the correct viewing order for this series is supposed to be either, but I do recall some people recommending to start with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom