• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah.

And Sakura Wars just has a big impact on japanese pop culture alongside the Saturn.

Having the series in Smash just feels really reasonable.
It would be neat that whenever Sakura wars gets a crossover with something they try to give each of the different cast of characters equal representation, it would be a neat music list and spirit board.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
probably outdated beyond belief at this point, but I couldn't help but think of Freddy saying this:

"INHALE MY [NAME REDACTED], FUNKO"

Shout-out to like the 3 peoples who know what I am referencing.
I heard the original, like, years ago, but I can’t even remember what it’s from.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I heard the original, like, years ago, but I can’t even remember what it’s from.
Five Night at F-boy.

can't say the full name but I think it should help ya. If not, TvTrope is your friend.~ (or Youtube too)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, people always say that Smash is a better PSASBR because of:ultsnake::ultcloud::ultjoker:

What they fail to realize is that:ulthero2: would also be on that list, because DQ8 was a PS2 exclusive and is what kickstarted DQ's popularity in the west.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This is extremely cursed:

I can understand if they were unable to the original voice actors but could have they at least TRIED to sound like their characters?

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! You're a voice acting expert. What's your thoughts on this?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You know, people always say that Smash is a better PSASBR because of:ultsnake::ultcloud::ultjoker:

What they fail to realize is that:ulthero2: would also be on that list, because DQ8 was a PS2 exclusive and is what kickstarted DQ's popularity in the west.
Interesting.

Also just wanted to say if Smash gets the likes of Crash, Dante, 2B, Lara Croft, etc., I don’t see any future installment of PSASBR having a chance of success, let alone competition...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is extremely cursed:

-snip-

I can understand if they were unable to the original voice actors but could have they at least TRIED to sound like their characters?

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! You're a voice acting expert. What's your thoughts on this?
I wouldn’t say expert, but I guess I know a thing or two.

In promotional material like this, the voice actors are almost always brought back with no complications, if I’m correct. The fact that they didn’t bring a single one back is odd, but I have two ideas as to why this may have happened. Number one, they had budgetary issues. Number two, they didn’t think it was worth the hassle. Honestly though, I doubt both of these, so I don’t know what really happened here. And why they dubbed over Tom Kenny’s clips is also beyond me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With all the sega stuff lately, Where is Tails or Eggman in Smash?

I’m shocked we can’t have Mario and Luigi vs sonic and tails.

Or egg man Vs Bowser.

D

Deleted member

With all the sega stuff lately, Where is Tails or Eggman in Smash?

I’m shocked we can’t have Mario and Luigi vs sonic and tails.

Or egg man Vs Bowser.
I feel a SEGA rep is happening.

Eggman would be awesome, but I feel more positive on a bigger hitter such as Sakura or Beat.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So about a week later than planned but I beat Xenoblade 1 once again on Switch. I'll give a few quick thoughts as non spoilery as possible.

1. Is it me or does the cutscenes feel faster in this game? Like they feel shorter this round.

2. Lack of a certain connection to certain things that annoys me.

3. I see ya 2D skybox! In one of the cutscenes.

So it comes away as one of my games of all time still. Just wished the remake went a lot further. Clearing this though means I can start a second Trails of Cold Steel playthrough!

And off topic but I think I am losing intelligence. Haven't been eating much this week outside of instant noodles and toast or hotdogs. And I've been drinking so many energy drinks. So mind's a bit messed.
All is well outside of it.
Making me cry here bois.

I think I actually literally losing intelligence.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Forget about the psychic message, is that a BOSHI Dragon?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

On one hand, Mordecai & Rigby look so horrific here. On the other hand, anyone else getting sick of seeing this meme and others like it?, especially on Reddit?​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On one hand, Mordecai & Rigby look so horrific here. On the other hand, anyone else getting sick of seeing this meme, especially on Reddit?​
I'm seriously sick of the meme too, ngl.

People use It too much and It isn't even funny.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I REALLY wish we get an update on the ARMS graphic in the near future, especially with ARMS in Smash.

I'm appreciative that we got a preview comic as well as the ARMS Sugo Ude Gag Fight! manga, both back in 2018, but what the heck is going on?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so It is June 28th in my island already which means It is pride day already over here.

So happy pride day to my good LGTB friends osby osby DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu and Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen (and to anyone else part of the collective).

I would celebrate with a chocolate cake tomorrow but then if my parents found out I'm bi I could cause World War 3 or something like that.

And in other good news:
20200627_235631.jpg

After 18 years fighting for It I finally got paid for doing house chores and work.

Just 5€, but legit better than having my wallet empty.

D

Deleted member

Lemme know how it runs on Switch because I'm still undecided on which version to buy.
Bought It and played It so I'll tell you how It runs.

It runs fine on Switch, but the loading screens take too long.

So if you care a lot about it, go for PS4 instead.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Bought It and played It so I'll tell you how It runs.

It runs fine on Switch, but the loading screens take too long.

So if you care a lot about it, go for PS4 instead.
Oh, that's a shame...

What would you say is the average amount of time for a load screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom