• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Off all the new Pokemon stuff that was revealed, I really do like the designs of the Galarian Bird Trio, especially Galarian Moltres.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Luxray finally being catchable again is definitely a highlight for me. Awesome mon that needs to appear more frequently. Also, I hope it gets a buff in some way, be it stats or moveset

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't been able to beat anything yet sadly.

I made progress in DQ8 and DQXI (I'm currently stuck at the final Boss of the second act in the latter), but then there are games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

I just suck at that game.
The Xenoblade games can be pretty difficult, whether it's due to certain team combinations working better on some bosses compared to others (there's one towards the end of the game that's infamous for this), or due to level 60-80 monsters roaming around the world to mess up your day.

For Dragon Quest 11, I found that trying to fill out your Defeated Monster List and looking for rare variants of monsters helped with gaining levels, especially once you figure out which enemies will be grouped with Metal Slimes, Liquid Metal Slimes, etc. It also helps that, once your party dies, all of your remaining members jump in as back-up, so it couldn't hurt to get them leveled up as well.

Every franchise in Smash gets as many new characters as you think it deserves. With a max of 5 new characters and 5 echo fighters. Who gets added in what category.
I'm honestly fine with how most of the franchises are handled, though I feel like (Captain) Toad, Bandanna Waddle Dee, and Dixie Kong should be in. Zelda and Xenoblade should get at least one more character (though if assist trophies are ruled out, I'd have a tougher time with picking which Zelda character should be included - my first choice would be Midna), and I'd like to see another Wario character (ideally Captain Syrup, so we can get some material from Wario Land). Maybe Octoling from Splatoon, since they would be an easy echo fighter.

For third parties, the only series where I feel like they need another character are Final Fantasy (I'd pick Terra from FF6) and Sonic (torn between Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman). I'd like to see Jeanne from Bayonetta added as an echo, but I don't know if she's needed.

Unless you mean five new characters and five echoes in total - then it would be a lot harder for me to narrow the new characters down.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Cleared my cache, reset my database and system is up to date and yet my copy of Maneater keeps stuttering, lagging or whatever it is (Portion of the screen looking pixelized or frizzy, I can't describe it). Turned it off before getting said error again.

Granted my game seemed to had at least lasted longer then yesterday.

I dunno, maybe there's something wrong with the copy of my game? Never had this problem with my other games.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yo, happy birthday Shroob Shroob
Happy birthday!:grin:
Here's a little sketch from me to you
Happy Birthday!
Man, I miss Mega Blastoise and Charizard X. Dynamaxing is still boneless to me.

Happy Birthday.
ASDFGHJKL-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OLD PIECE OF FRIEND!

Completely forgot our convo yesterday. Lol
D'aw, thanks folks. Means a lot to me, really.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh **** I didn't notice this in the trailer, but there's going to be a way to unlock Gigantamax power in a Pokemon that doesn't have it.

That's actually super hype!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like the electric type Regi, it fits thematically with the original 3 Regi, I always felt they were supposed to represent different eras of history. Like the stone age and the ice age. Electricity then represents the modern age.

Now I have no idea what Regiedrago here is supposed to be.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
I like the electric type Regi, it fits thematically with the original 3 Regi, I always felt they were supposed to represent different eras of history. Like the stone age and the ice age. Electricity then represents the modern age.

I'll tell you what Regidrago is.

Perfection.

KillerCage

Smash Master
For the people who have been using this quarantine period to cut down on your gaming backlog, how's that going, and what have you beaten or what are you currently playing?

In my case, I've beaten Persona 4, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4, Zelda: Ocarina of Time (which was long overdue), Doom Eternal, and Kirby Planet Robobot. Currently, I'm going back and forth between Nier Automata and Persona 3, though I'm still pretty early on in both.

For Persona 3, the game is building up to Fuuka joining - not sure who she is, but going by how she's been described, I'm guessing that she's going to be the Rise or Futaba of the game, since she doesn't sound like a fighter, and Mitsuru's going to join the party eventually. For Nier Automata, I was just introduced to A2.
I was able to clear Axiom Verge, Panel de Pon, Cuphead, ARMS, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, King of Cards, and Freedom Planet during the quarantine.
I was trying to clear Advance Wars, but those "fog of war" maps were too frustrating.
I barely touched Startropics and I hope to return to it after I beat (or complete) Future Connected.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I think it's pretty self-explanatory:

1591123626941.png

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shroob Shroob not to be mistaken for Scoob...by Dooby Doo...happy birthday

Scooby-Doo
Scooby Dooby Doo

and happy birthday to your father Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura ...aka Darth Vader

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Something to note the official Pokémon website notes that there are new galarian forms in both DLC.

Considering isle of Armor and Crown Tundra only have one( slowpoke doesn’t count because they released it before that), that means there’s more hiding out on the islands.

I can’t wait to see what they are

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Happy birthday to Shroob Shroob as well!

Also when do you think smash happens?

Im thinking Thursday earliest, but most likely next week

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've never played much of Pokemon Masters, but I will, just because I wanna hear some of the voice over. All these characters getting voices is great. I swear, the first time I heard Wally's voice I had the stupidest freaking grin on my face. ORAS was the first Pokemon title I played, so I remember him rather vividly. His voice suits him perfectly.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wow this place still has some life in it.

mmm so when this month do you guys think we're gonna get that arms character

since it's already june and there's no new info, I'm thinking it's gonna be one of those tell us about it, then it's available very soon afterwards things

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

since it's already june and there's no new info, I'm thinking it's gonna be one of those tell us about it, then it's available very soon afterwards things
If last year's E3 is any indication (where there was a Pokemon presentation a week before Nintendo's E3 Direct), I'm guessing it won't be for another week at least, though given how far in advanced it was announced, I could see it being one of those "[Insert ARMS character here] is available... right after this presentation!" kind of situations.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Next week or the week after that, I assume.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Xenoblade games can be pretty difficult, whether it's due to certain team combinations working better on some bosses compared to others (there's one towards the end of the game that's infamous for this), or due to level 60-80 monsters roaming around the world to mess up your day.

For Dragon Quest 11, I found that trying to fill out your Defeated Monster List and looking for rare variants of monsters helped with gaining levels, especially once you figure out which enemies will be grouped with Metal Slimes, Liquid Metal Slimes, etc. It also helps that, once your party dies, all of your remaining members jump in as back-up, so it couldn't hurt to get them leveled up as well.

I'm honestly fine with how most of the franchises are handled, though I feel like (Captain) Toad, Bandanna Waddle Dee, and Dixie Kong should be in. Zelda and Xenoblade should get at least one more character (though if assist trophies are ruled out, I'd have a tougher time with picking which Zelda character should be included - my first choice would be Midna), and I'd like to see another Wario character (ideally Captain Syrup, so we can get some material from Wario Land). Maybe Octoling from Splatoon, since they would be an easy echo fighter.

For third parties, the only series where I feel like they need another character are Final Fantasy (I'd pick Terra from FF6) and Sonic (torn between Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman). I'd like to see Jeanne from Bayonetta added as an echo, but I don't know if she's needed.

Unless you mean five new characters and five echoes in total - then it would be a lot harder for me to narrow the new characters down.
No. I meant five max per franchise.

Frankly I'm surprised. I thought there would be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom