• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Outside of gaming, June is the month that I usually hate.

Past 4-5 years I ended up hospitalised with something.

And I have a feeling it is going to be dental this year. Probably just have a tooth infection but last few days been unsure.

If it is I'm screwed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Already the beginning of June and yet again the worst just keeps occurring.

https://www.who.int/news-room/detai...-congo-who-surge-team-supporting-the-response

What is seriously up with this year?
This shouldn’t be that bad though compared to last time. They know a lot about this disease as opposed to Covid and didn’t they have meds or a vaccine previously?

If they do they have a good base to tackle this, but the state of the rest of the world will still put responders in danger so it’s going to be a scary situation.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Past 4-5 years I ended up hospitalised with something.

And I have a feeling it is going to be dental this year. Probably just have a tooth infection but last few days been unsure.

If it is I'm screwed.
For me it's September that's the worst month. I feel like it drags on too long and it feels more like a buffer between the Summer and Fall seasons. I feel like September is just a additional month for Summer sometimes as it's as hot in September in Texas as it is in August. To me Summer feels like it drags on for 4 months instead of 3.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I tried to tag Bolderousness for this one but I see that he killed his account...again.

Anywho, my boy Hungry Clicker drew British Cloud and I thought I'd share it with you guys since it looks cool and stuff.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
For me it's September that's the worst month. I feel like it drags on too long and it feels more like a buffer between the Summer and Fall seasons. I feel like September is just a additional month for Summer sometimes as it's as hot in September in Texas as it is in August. To me Summer feels like it drags on for 4 months instead of 3.
I know right? I feel exactly the same about that. Doesn't help that it feels like nothing ever happens in September

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually Pokémon dlc probably drops tomorrow or this week as GO is also updating today which coincides with the announcement for tomorrow.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While I doubt that was the reason for no RH characters, the "couldn't think of a moveset" does have sone basis considering Heihachi got shafted because of moveset issues.

Though that was more of an issue of the fact that his moveset doesn't work in Smash.
It absolutely does. He just needs to put more thought into it. The got him to work in PSASBR and everyone is always ****ting on that game. So if a group of "blatantly untalented" developers who only ever made "one **** game" could make him work then a "master developer" like Sakurai absolutely could.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It absolutely does. He just needs to put more thought into it. The got him to work in PSASBR and everyone is always ****ting on that game. So if a group of "blatantly untalented" developers who only ever made "one **** game" could make him work then a "master developer" like Sakurai absolutely could.
Do you think PSASBR version is a good representation of the character?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think PSASBR version is a good representation of the character?
Absolutely yes. His entire gimmick is that all of his moves are single strike attacks for the sake of chaining together long combos. His grabs and parries are good for this melee centric gameplay style, which is a good representation of both Tekken and Heihachi specifically as he has no real flashy super powers. More then any other PSASBR character he was dependent on situational combos by following up one move with another. And Raijin Stance and Wave Dash are perfect offensive tools for a super aggressive character like him. Plus, the Tekken Ball up special is just goofy.

I'll admit I don't know what his recovery would be, PSASBR didn't really need that kind of attack so not everyone had it. But that's a very small hurdle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Maybe this is just me but this feels a little dis-genuine.

Because Covid was happening, a big issue that was round in governmental issues and social reform.

But now a different movement built on those same principles gets this cancelled. Feels like Covid didn’t matter to them then, but now they want to show this does.

Again might be me misreading but does anyone think similarly?
COVID's a pandemic that while affecting millions, doesn't compare to the cries of the oppressed and murdered who've had enough of centuries of mistreatment. For COVID, you can go "Hey, it's rough, but here's some news to cheer you up!" This is blatantly "Yeah our **** isn't important, let the people be heard". Police brutality protests are happening worldwide too, Japan, France, Germany and New Zealand all having rioters iirc. Sony doesn't want to take a voice away, COVID has no voice to take away

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Adult Swim uploaded the music video for the song at the end of the episode:
Spoilers obviously but it’s a pretty great scene:

D

Deleted member

I am personally fine with the Sony event delay.

It is for a good cause, and I already know the thing I wanted to know about the console (PS3 retrocompatibility).

The people who are getting mad about the delay at the Twitter post are literally menchildren who care more about fictional stuff over serious issues.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
As someone who usually suffers hayfever allergies, June is the month I usually hate as well.

Try not to look into the comment section with this one.​
Whilst I am fine with the delay as well, it is highly understandable and I do respect Sony's decision on this, I really find the amount of toxic comments posted absolutely shocking especially this one.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

And **** it does look like a tooth infection is happening to me. Can feel the pain growing. And had to be during a pandemic where the dentist is closed.

COVID's a pandemic that while affecting millions, doesn't compare to the cries of the oppressed and murdered who've had enough of centuries of mistreatment. For COVID, you can go "Hey, it's rough, but here's some news to cheer you up!" This is blatantly "Yeah our **** isn't important, let the people be heard". Police brutality protests are happening worldwide too, Japan, France, Germany and New Zealand all having rioters iirc. Sony doesn't want to take a voice away, COVID has no voice to take away
World is slowly descending into chaos. Yet where I am, it still moves slowly.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
June is when the heat really starts to move in.

With snow, I can just wrap myself up like a caterpiller.

In the heat, it's not so simple.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Anyone got a list of all of the cat villagers you can invite to your island in NH?
Here you go!
Ankha
Bob
Felicity
Kabuki
Katt
Kid Cat
Kiki
Kitty
Lolly
Merry
Mitzi
Moe
Monique
Olivia
Punchy
Purry
Raymond
Rosy
Rudy
Stinky
Tabby
Tangy
Tom

D

Deleted member

Stuff like that is why I'm basically glad the weather in Gran Canaria works for the most part different than in other parts of the world.

Most of the year there tends to be an almost perfect balance of cold with hot and the coldesr it gets comes mostly to loads of really needed rains.

And from personal experience I feel It isn't as hot as Madrid during summer.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Try not to look into the comment section with this one.​
imma look at the comment section
Smash presentation next week, guys.

I can feel it!
sure you ain’t feeling something else?
Adult Swim uploaded the music video for the song at the end of the episode:
Spoilers obviously but it’s a pretty great scene:
can’t wait for season 5...Rick is ****ed

I live in the desert, heat kicks in whenever the **** it wants to

Dutch Raikuna

Stuff like that is why I'm basically glad the weather in Gran Canaria works for the most part different than in other parts of the world.

Most of the year there tends to be an almost perfect balance of cold with hot and the coldesr it gets comes mostly to loads of really needed rains.

And from personal experience I feel It isn't as hot as Madrid during summer.
From having been to Florida and Greece, both damn hot as hell places for an Irishman, I could easily tell anyone that I prefer the damp heat of the former than the dry heat of the latter.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I actually love summer. It gets hot but I grew up in Arizona, so I can live with it. And the heat just makes things like sitting in front of a fan or playing in the water feel like pure bliss.

Then there's my birthday, which is at the end of the month....Oh jeez it just sunk in that I'm turning 23. Actually scratch that, I hate June because it reminds me of the fleetingness of youth and all the time I've wasted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom