• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
People up in Seattle have been smashing clothing stores open and stealing the mannequins.... like, what in gods name are you going to do with a bunch of naked mannequins?
Reenact Attack Of The Clones with mannequins, of course. They gotta get their Mannequin Skywalker somehow. And once they get bored, then they can do the obvious.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
How do you even get the 2 confused unless your deliberately trying to misinform the people?
Well the exact identities of the soldiers weren't confirmed but I've seen it speculated that shorter woman could have been mistaken for kids because they were in uniform and were surrounded by much taller men.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For real though you know you ****ed up when anonymous gets involved.

This madness really feels like a movie and I don’t even know how a decade starts like this but here we are.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Everyone knows that the mannequins are for art showcases only:
1590907881391.jpeg

when are they coming to new horizons?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So anyway my cats woke me up at 2:AM. Ain’t that lovely? No It really ain’t. I can't be mad though. They're so cute.

Everyone knows that the mannequins are for art showcases only:
View attachment 273322
when are they coming to new horizons?
How about the megaphone too, while we’re at it?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So anyway my cats woke me up at 2:AM. Ain’t that lovely? No It really ain’t.

How about the megaphone too, while we’re at it?
That would be so nice, especially on islands with a lot of work down in them. Those usually have set paths and a lot packed neatly into a small area, making it hard to find villagers you want to see. So I’d love to see the megaphone return

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For the looters and rioters it was never about injustice or George.

There are a lot of good people protesting what happened. From all walks of life.

The looters and rioters are actively hurting the protester's cause. Because for every looting and every riot, one racist or power hungry cop gets ammo to use in the ideological war. The violence against the communities, homes and shops? It's definitely going to be used to fear monger the populace and turn them against the protesters. Those in power won't even have to lie either. They can just point at all the damage and people will just accept the explanation cause they're scared.

And yet the rioters and looters don't care.

It makes me mad when people lump the protesters and looters/rioters together as either heroes fighting for the cause or lunatics destroying everything.

The protesters are good people fighting for what they believe is right.

They are not the rioters and looters. To imply they are simply insults the efforts of the protesters and protects those who are doing wrong.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just finished Persona 5 Royal and hot damn, what a ****ing game. The new conclusion is way more exciting and impactful than the original game's ending.

Maruki is easily the best Palace ruler since it's easy to understand his motives and even feel sympathy for him. I also found it a lot more satisfying to fight against someone with the same rebellious spirit as the Phantom Thieves but instead fighting for what he believed in rather than just going up against God (you can argue that Maruki was a god himself but it was presented in a much better way, IMO).
yeah. Who needs some basic ***** of a chalice when you can instead fight someone who’s like a friend wanting to save the world and lost everything practically...then you start feeling like **** wanting to stop him...but get over it thanks to the music

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Been reading about the riots and one thing came to mind.
You guys don't have anti riot police cars?

Xenoblade wise have reached Prison Island last night and have jumped onto Future Connected before going back to the main story. Almost beaten that as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, I finally finished this:

My predictions for Fighter Pass 2 (while having to fight a bit with my editing app as one can suspect from Rayman's eyes).

Gonna try to make a post at the Newcomer thread going a bit more in depth about my choices.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay so I just looked into the newest Yokai watch series and it's conceptually Digimon frontier meets my hero academia. That's so weird.

Like this one character who's clearly ripping off Lobomon.
NinetailArtwork.png

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Ok, I finally finished this:

My predictions for Fighter Pass 2 (while having to fight a bit with my editing app as one can suspect from Rayman's eyes).

Gonna try to make a post at the Newcomer thread going a bit more in depth about my choices.
>axel
>neku
>wright
>beat mii WITH MUSIC
jd how can you be so based

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dataminers have dig through the code for Melee and have found out Ariel from the Little Mermaid was suppose to be in Melee:

Ariel is coming to Ultimate bois! :4pacman:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Anonymous really rose up from the ashes huh.

2020 feels like a South Park episode jeez.
Honestly I think the US might be ok out of this. I've seen one or two riots before (not surprising where I come from) but not this scale.

The US really as a country is a definition of a paradox.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On top of it being the last day of May and beginning of June tomorrow. It also marks one year since Godzilla: King of the Monsters came out!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So I watched 2 HORRIBLE movies thes past two days and I’m gonna break em down.

1. Hellboy (2019)

This movie is bad like BAD. BUT it’s also one of those key movies that are so bad that they are, uh, well I wouldn’t say good but it has that kind of The Room effect. Except for this movie it’s like I could see myself popping it on at a party and stopping what I’m doing every once in a while to try and register incomprehensible **** show that’s going on because all in all, even though the CGI isn’t that great, some of the imagery is grotesque and eye catching. So, yeah, it’s a dumb fun movie. Clock out, put it on, and enjoy some stupid action. But if you want to watch an actual good Hellboy movie that has some good acting, excellent makeup, and a WAY better story, either of the others are the way to go. Don’t let this be the first Hellboy you watch.

2. Dark Phoenix

This movie... it just hurts me really. There’s really nothing good going on in any of it. A lot of the characterizations are experimental yes but they don’t make any sense. Making Xavier out to be this over controlling bad guy while flopping Magneto from sympathetic friend to killing machine back to an understanding guy just doesn’t work. And Jean’s story is not compelling at all. The death in this movie is also sloppily done and is definitely just so a certain high profile actor could get out of the part with emotional stakes that were not really set up in this movie nor in prior ones. They also completely waste the best and most beloved character from the last 2 movies, Quicksilver, by putting him out of commission after the first fight scene while also throwing any kind of emotional pay off between him and Magneto straight out the window. The timeline doesn’t make sense in context of previous movies, how the Phoenix force is handled doesn’t make sense in context of previous movies, Nightcrawler was wasted, beast was mostly wasted, Cyclops didn’t have much to do, the Skrull like aliens are even more expendable than actual Skrulls. It’s almost like no one did anything despite the 2 hour run time. It’s just bad. The only redeeming qualities are Hans Zimmer’s soundtrack, despite it not being anywhere near as good as John Ottman’s, a single, maybe 2-minute long, fight scene with Magneto which is by far the coolest and most bad ass fight scene Magneto has ever had, and another scene when Magneto is gunning down one of the aliens with what seems like hundreds of guns. But like I said about the fight scene it’s also WAY too short.
Michael Fassbender ****ING KILLS IT as Magneto and it’s SUCH a shame for this to likely be his last movie. He eats up every SINGLE frame of these movies that he’s in and makes it look easy and that’s just because of how DAMN good of an actor he is but it seems like he loves this character and I’m just sad that this was how it had to end.
I’m interested to see what the MCU will do with their regained properties. Even the worst marvel movies are still enjoyable to watch. I’m just interested in the angle they take.

I really thought they were gonna go with the altering history angle in endgame, even if it was an accident. Because that way they could write off mutants existing now as just something that happened when they changed history.

D

Deleted member

So I watched 2 HORRIBLE movies thes past two days and I’m gonna break em down.

1. Hellboy (2019)

This movie is bad like BAD. BUT it’s also one of those key movies that are so bad that they are, uh, well I wouldn’t say good but it has that kind of The Room effect. Except for this movie it’s like I could see myself popping it on at a party and stopping what I’m doing every once in a while to try and register incomprehensible **** show that’s going on because all in all, even though the CGI isn’t that great, some of the imagery is grotesque and eye catching. So, yeah, it’s a dumb fun movie. Clock out, put it on, and enjoy some stupid action. But if you want to watch an actual good Hellboy movie that has some good acting, excellent makeup, and a WAY better story, either of the others are the way to go. Don’t let this be the first Hellboy you watch.

2. Dark Phoenix

This movie... it just hurts me really. There’s really nothing good going on in any of it. A lot of the characterizations are experimental yes but they don’t make any sense. Making Xavier out to be this over controlling bad guy while flopping Magneto from sympathetic friend to killing machine back to an understanding guy just doesn’t work. And Jean’s story is not compelling at all. The death in this movie is also sloppily done and is definitely just so a certain high profile actor could get out of the part with emotional stakes that were not really set up in this movie nor in prior ones. They also completely waste the best and most beloved character from the last 2 movies, Quicksilver, by putting him out of commission after the first fight scene while also throwing any kind of emotional pay off between him and Magneto straight out the window. The timeline doesn’t make sense in context of previous movies, how the Phoenix force is handled doesn’t make sense in context of previous movies, Nightcrawler was wasted, beast was mostly wasted, Cyclops didn’t have much to do, the Skrull like aliens are even more expendable than actual Skrulls. It’s almost like no one did anything despite the 2 hour run time. It’s just bad. The only redeeming qualities are Hans Zimmer’s soundtrack, despite it not being anywhere near as good as John Ottman’s, a single, maybe 2-minute long, fight scene with Magneto which is by far the coolest and most bad ass fight scene Magneto has ever had, and another scene when Magneto is gunning down one of the aliens with what seems like hundreds of guns. But like I said about the fight scene it’s also WAY too short.
Michael Fassbender ****ING KILLS IT as Magneto and it’s SUCH a shame for this to likely be his last movie. He eats up every SINGLE frame of these movies that he’s in and makes it look easy and that’s just because of how DAMN good of an actor he is but it seems like he loves this character and I’m just sad that this was how it had to end.
Oof, Dark Phoenix.

I had to watch that movie last year because I lost a bet regarding E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom