• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I have now decided to make my pfp the same on Discord.
Still haven't finished the anime though. Feels a bit repetitive.

I just finished Persona 5 Royal and hot damn, what a ****ing game. The new conclusion is way more exciting and impactful than the original game's ending.

Maruki is easily the best Palace ruler since it's easy to understand his motives and even feel sympathy for him. I also found it a lot more satisfying to fight against someone with the same rebellious spirit as the Phantom Thieves but instead fighting for what he believed in rather than just going up against God (you can argue that Maruki was a god himself but it was presented in a much better way, IMO).
I knew the story for a while and honestly glad someone really enjoyed it.

Come on Sega! Host a PSN deal!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I like that today's Paper Mario secrets video from DidYouKnowGaming ended the video advertising Bug Fables; The Everlasting Sapling. :rotfl:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just finished Persona 5 Royal and hot damn, what a ****ing game. The new conclusion is way more exciting and impactful than the original game's ending.

Maruki is easily the best Palace ruler since it's easy to understand his motives and even feel sympathy for him. I also found it a lot more satisfying to fight against someone with the same rebellious spirit as the Phantom Thieves but instead fighting for what he believed in rather than just going up against God (you can argue that Maruki was a god himself but it was presented in a much better way, IMO).
I haven’t checked out P5R yet. I ought to check the game’s story changes out later.

D

Deleted member

At first I was feeling positive the new Paper Mario game would be good.

Then the fandom started getting worryingly divided and the Sonic Forces/Pokémon SwSh PTSD kicked in.

Right now I am expecting the game to suck just so I don't find Paper Mario fans despising on my existence as It happened with SwSh and Forces.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nintendo has a new private video uploaded. We may be in for a new reveal this week then

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played some of Nier Automata - I had only done the tutorial before this, but I've gotten into the meat of the game and I am loving it so far! (I just finished the amusement park) Enemy attacks have been doing a lot of damage to me right now (not sure if I'm underleveled - I could have destroyed the robots in the amusement park, but they weren't attacking me, so with the exception of the tank, I didn't attack them), though the game gives enough recovery items to balance it out.

I have no familiarity with games in the Nier or Drakengard series, though thankfully, it doesn't seem like I need to know anything about them to understand Nier Automata (I feel like now that I've said that, the final act of the game is going to be completely incomprehensible unless I've gotten the true endings of all of Yoko Taro's previous games). I got the game because I'm a big fan of Platinum Games (even their licensed games, with the possible exception of their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles one - I found it hard to get into when I tried it before), and while the combat's not quite up to Bayonetta 2 levels, that's a VERY high bar to clear. (my top three action games are Devil May Cry 5, Bayonetta 2, and the Switch version of Devil May Cry 3, and I have no idea what order to put those in)

I'm not sure whether to keep going with that game or to focus on Persona 3 - I find that I'm more likely to complete games if I focus on one at a time. Maybe I'll look up how long it takes to beat each of them on average and go with the shorter one.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo has a new private video uploaded. We may be in for a new reveal this week then
It could be a new Animal Crossing update because the Animal Crossing playlist was seemingly updated too with a private video.

Dutch Raikuna

You know when you want to talk or tell a story but not really sure about it?

Thats me right now.

In others words that means it's time for me to return to the Bionis! At Makna Forest by the way now.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Ahhh I can't wait. This week looks to be having some good reveals coming. And a potential Nintendo announcement as well?

Personally at the Sony thing a new Ratchet and Clank (hell, even Jak and Daxter would be nice), Spyro and Crash, and a Sonic game I'm optimistic about would be nice. I'm only expecting the Sonic thing given Sega's recent statement though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
After watching Arlo's positively glowing review of Bug Fables, I think I'm going to get it. While I don't always agree with Arlo's taste in games I do agree with his assessments of quality, especially his Paper Mario videos. I'm a big fan of the old school PM games so BF looks pretty good. And good for the team that made it for giving us fans the RPG we wanted all these years.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ketchup did it. She hit me with that Garbage Bin and told me that it reminded her of me.

God damn it.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hello people. How is everyone doing?
Been a pretty mixed bag for me this week considering that there are a number of ups and downs going on lately. Either ways still constantly learning to draw and allow my creativity to ease my stress levels and watching a load of shows on Disney+ which now include watching Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Ducktales (the old version) etc.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gotta say, there is nothing more satisfying than defeating a bunch of powerful enemy all at once, and then hear, "Man, what a bunch of jokers"

Bionis bless you, Reyn, you're the best.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
At first I was feeling positive the new Paper Mario game would be good.

Then the fandom started getting worryingly divided and the Sonic Forces/Pokémon SwSh PTSD kicked in.

Right now I am expecting the game to suck just so I don't find Paper Mario fans despising on my existence as It happened with SwSh and Forces.
Just ignore those people. Despite my own thoughts about it right now, I’m not gonna harp on you or think less of you for being optimistic about it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It could be a new Animal Crossing update because the Animal Crossing playlist was seemingly updated too with a private video.
That’s possible, we only know of the wedding event but that’s a whole month long so we don’t need another video highlighting the next few months but I could see it as I’m sure something will run alongside this event.

We also have Pokémon do a lot behind the scenes such as shutting down Go for a day and updating home. So I would not be surprised if we saw a dlc update there either.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’ve been having the weirdest ****ing day.

Context first: I work in an American Eagle in a Mall, a tiny little mall in Alabama granted but a mall. We require everyone that comes in to wear a mask. It’s just policy right now.

So it starts with this middle aged white guy and his mom coming in. They’re just shopping or whatever and then he sees the security guard and asks my boss if that is indeed security. My boss says yes, as you do, and the guy just says “watch this” and walks out. Well, as he’s walking out this shorter black lady walks directly into him and bumps shoulders, we thought they knew each other but apparently they didn’t. So as she storms in the store my boss asks her to put on a “facial covering” and her response will baffle me for eons, “I am a facial covering”... not phased my boss tells her there’s free ones up there at the front and she says “I know” and continues to walk around for a second then leaves. As all this is happening I’m trying to help out the mom of the guy with her credit card and he’s off talking to the security. Well I guess security thought the dude was drunk and called the cops so the cops come in there to get him and while I’m checking out the mom he runs in and tells her to tell them that he hasn’t been drinking.

****ing weird day.

Actually, this on top of a weird cursing racist Christian preacher guy coming in yesterday and my co worker losing everything including an entire rack of clothes and was probably not in a good state of mind iykyk and, well, I’m not so sure if leaving quarantine was the best idea...

D

Deleted member

Context first: I work in an American Eagle in a Mall, a tiny little mall in Alabama granted but a mall. We require everyone that comes in to wear a mask. It’s just policy right now.

So it starts with this middle aged white guy and his mom coming in. They’re just shopping or whatever and then he sees the security guard and asks my boss if that is indeed security. My boss says yes, as you do, and the guy just says “watch this” and walks out. Well, as he’s walking out this shorter black lady walks directly into him and bumps shoulders, we thought they knew each other but apparently they didn’t. So as she storms in the store my boss asks her to put on a “facial covering” and her response will baffle me for eons, “I am a facial covering”... not phased my boss tells her there’s free ones up there at the front and she says “I know” and continues to walk around for a second then leaves. As all this is happening I’m trying to help out the mom of the guy with her credit card and he’s off talking to the security. Well I guess security thought the dude was drunk and called the cops so the cops come in there to get him and while I’m checking out the mom he runs in and tells her to tell them that he hasn’t been drinking.

****ing weird day.

Actually, this on top of a weird cursing racist Christian preacher guy coming in yesterday and my co worker losing everything including an entire rack of clothes and was probably not in a good state of mind iykyk and, well, I’m not so sure if leaving quarantine was the best idea...
Sounds like something right out of a story time animation thing.

Sorry you have to deal with that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

****ing weird day.

Jeez, definitely sounds like a bizzare day indeed.

Dutch Raikuna

****ing weird day.

What? My brain just can't process what happened to you. It sounds so bizarre.

"I am a facial covering." Person might as well have said that she is an attack helicopter with how random that sounds.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ketchup did it. She hit me with that Garbage Bin and told me that it reminded her of me.

God damn it.
That's pretty disrespectful. Have I ever told you of the time though when Flip approached me, said "hey, I got something to show you!", then proceeded to sneeze on me in the midst of a pandemic? I never wanted to kill a villager more in my entire life. I still do.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can't decide if I want to want to get Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition or not. It's been so long since I actually payed $60 for a game... I usually just wait for sales. Hmmm
Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii took me about 120-130 (might have been 140? It's been a while since I checked) hours to beat, so you're getting a lot of game for your money. (plus there's an extended epilogue on top of that) I'd say that it's worth it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have to animate the Puppet.

Here’s the thing about the Puppet.

Those lanky arms aren’t done by some clever rigging, those are legitimately just a whole bunch of bones.

And I have to animate this thing floating around.

Keeping those limbs under control will NOT be easy. LOL

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii took me about 120-130 (might have been 140? It's been a while since I checked) hours to beat, so you're getting a lot of game for your money. (plus there's an extended epilogue on top of that) I'd say that it's worth it.
At the same time, he can get pretty much the same game for 20 bucks on Wii U.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

****ing weird day.

...What did I just read. Take a whole lot of care, NSG. :/ That sounds utterly unpleasant.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have to animate the Puppet.

Here’s the thing about the Puppet.

Those lanky arms aren’t done by some clever rigging, those are legitimately just a whole bunch of bones.

And I have to animate this thing floating around.

Keeping those limbs under control will NOT be easy. LOL
Let the limbs do what they want to do Taylor.

Let them LIVE. Let them LOVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom