• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You are missing out of so much Protonjon lore.
There is now a Jonaverse thanks to his art community.
Also be prepared for lots of Wario, Goldman, Wesker, Speed Racer, and Rosajon alerts.

Actually he is moving his Twitch VODs to a new repurposed YouTube channel titled "Proton Jon's Livestream Recordings."
His VODs on "TRG & Friends Stream Archives" only extend to September 2019.
I know, I was saying at the moment, the Quest 64 VODs are on that channel

Oh and don’t forget Kermit and his invisible sandwich

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
it still feels so weird seeing the MCU schedule be ****ed over so hard. They must be working on a way to get things back to normal (and thats ignoring the Disney+ shows...especially WandaVision)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
also you people have no choice but to fall in love with this

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What is up, my dudes? What’s new?

Playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake...pretty much a blast so far.

I also finished Ace Attorney 2 last week. Looking forward to starting that.

I hope everyone is staying healthy during these challenging times as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, watching the Protonjon Livestream. It's funny, but boy does he have the experience off in some cases. But it seems a lot do.

Did I mention the game is confusing? Yep!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Man, i don’t even remember you using that name before.

It’s Fortune Street so I’m not surprised.
This specific board we were just ****ing each other over so hard that by the end of the game it felt like we were playing for 5 hours. When we checked the wii's memo it said we were only there for 50 minutes. I don't know how that happened.

KillerCage

Smash Master
You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting to nerd out about these guys with someone.
The only time I was able their content on the Newcomer thread was when Terry was revealed to be CP4.
Jon had a series of "History of SNK" VODs in celebration of his inclusion.
I was vaguely aware of Terry prior to his Smash reveal, but Jon helped me appreciate the character.

So how far are you into Jon's VODs?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The only time I was able their content on the Newcomer thread was when Terry was revealed to be CP4.
Jon had a series of "History of SNK" VODs in celebration of his inclusion.
I was vaguely aware of Terry prior to his Smash reveal, but Jon helped me appreciate the character.

So how far are you into Jon's VODs?
Barely into the start of 2020, been having trouble keeping up with them at the beginning of the year working two jobs, working on getting caught up now.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What is up, my dudes? What’s new?

Playing Final Fantasy 7 Remake...pretty much a blast so far.

I also finished Ace Attorney 2 last week. Looking forward to starting that.

I hope everyone is staying healthy during these challenging times as well.
That sounds neat.

I'm in this awkward middle ground between tired enough for bed but I don't feel like going to bed yet. The struggle is real.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Barely into the start of 2020, been having trouble keeping up with them at the beginning of the year working two jobs, working on getting caught up now.
Jon is currently a monthly Game-Clearing schedule.
So far he has beaten Megaman: the Wily Wars, Wario Land 4, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengence.
He is currently working on Dust: an Eylsian Tail.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One thing I will say is I wish the videos were more clear of which games were being played. I just spent almost 15 minutes finding the second part of Quest 64. And there's at least 4 parts.

That said, it is pretty funny. Brian's legs must be rather tired by now. :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
also you people have no choice but to fall in love with this
This episode was pretty good. I loved Daisy I’m it and the entire heist setup was pretty funnily executed. Was nice to see Donald’s band mates back and shows that the other characters will probably come into play again too.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, I have a question.

One of the biggest controversies and issues people take with the new GG is the UI. It's bland yet large, distracting, and overall unintuitive.

So I ask, what do you guys think makes good UI? It being interesting and memorable, or it being smooth and seemless enough that you don't even notice it?
You ever play Ultimate Spider-Man? Perfect UI and stylization. The new GG's isn't interesting and the number counter is annoying to look at when it fills up the screen. I think DBFZ's is fantastic as it even changes color between real combos and combos the opponent could've escaped but didn't.

I think UMVC3 is also really good in this aspect. I'm a fan of MM1-MMX3's UI too. I like the notches in health bars and stuff.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
They're tricky to learn, but not good enough for most people to bother learning. I've heard the same is true with Bayonetta and was true with the Shotos before the buffs.
I know it wouldn’t have been a huge game changer but something I wish they would’ve done to make her better is swap out her current neutral with the Warp Luma custom from the last game

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
I know it wouldn’t have been a huge game changer but something I wish they would’ve done to make her better is swap out her current neutral with the Warp Luma custom from the last game
Ya Luma shot is not tooled to be used how Rosa mains actually use it. Although sometimes the kill power comes in clutch.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This episode was pretty good. I loved Daisy I’m it and the entire heist setup was pretty funnily executed. Was nice to see Donald’s band mates back and shows that the other characters will probably come into play again too.
Donald has been shining throughout season 3 tbh. I love it
You ever play Ultimate Spider-Man? Perfect UI and stylization. The new GG's isn't interesting and the number counter is annoying to look at when it fills up the screen. I think DBFZ's is fantastic as it even changes color between real combos and combos the opponent could've escaped but didn't.

I think UMVC3 is also really good in this aspect. I'm a fan of MM1-MMX3's UI too. I like the notches in health bars and stuff.
Ultimate Spider-Man...so awesome (especially the Human Torch races)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Something I was working on. Spider-Man's always a fun character to draw, and I wanted to try some different poses. I still have to improve my pose game. But I guess going back to life drawings or comic references would help with that.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
You are missing out of so much Protonjon lore.
There is now a Jonaverse thanks to his art community.
Also be prepared for lots of Wario, Goldman, Wesker, Speed Racer, and Rosajon alerts.

Actually he is moving his Twitch VODs to a new repurposed YouTube channel titled "Proton Jon's Livestream Recordings."
His VODs on "TRG & Friends Stream Archives" only extend to September 2019.
I've been watching Jon's streams for the past year and a half now. I first saw him on TRG since before the MP3 LP, so I already had a soft spot for him beforehand. He's become an amazing source of entertainment and inspiration for me lately, so much that I've been considering joining the Booru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom