• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tis the last week of April as we'll soon enter May.

Damn this year is flying by, we'll be in June no time and maybe the sooner this whole thing will blow over.
I can't wait till we know who the Arms character is (it's totally Dr. Coyle), so we can move on to a different part of Smash Speculation. Maybe we'll even get a double reveal at the "E3" direct!

My biggest hope is that we get a Mr. Sakurai Presents stream for the Arms character a few days before the "E3" presentation so that it's off the table and we can get two characters together at "E3" like last year. Geno makes the most sense as an "E3" reveal for the community, like Banjo was, but like Banjo he's kind of niche and it would be good to have another character with a wider range accompanying him, just like Hero. I don't care if it's Ahri or Crash or whoever.

Long answer short, if Geno doesn't come at "E3" then he's not coming at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't wait till we know who the Arms character is (it's totally Dr. Coyle), so we can move on to a different part of Smash Speculation. Maybe we'll even get a double reveal at the "E3" direct!

My biggest hope is that we get a Mr. Sakurai Presents stream for the Arms character a few days before the "E3" presentation so that it's off the table and we can get two characters together at "E3" like last year. Geno makes the most sense as an "E3" reveal for the community, like Banjo was, but like Banjo he's kind of niche and it would be good to have another character with a wider range accompanying him, just like Hero. I don't care if it's Ahri or Crash or whoever.

Long answer short, if Geno doesn't come at "E3" then he's not coming at all.
Why do I feel like this post will age like milk?

KillerCage

Smash Master
I've been watching Jon's streams for the past year and a half now. I first saw him on TRG since before the MP3 LP, so I already had a soft spot for him beforehand. He's become an amazing source of entertainment and inspiration for me lately, so much that I've been considering joining the Booru.
Good to see another person here enjoy watching Jon's content.

Also...

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
Protagonist/mascot first tho. It has to be Spring Man.
Idk how it could not be Springman that would be like adding Dark Samus as the only Metroid rep i think the way they set up the reveal they will give him the Bowser Jr treatment or reveal that the whole pass is promoting assists which basically confirms Whalugi

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idk how it could not be Springman that would be like adding Dark Samus as the only Metroid rep i think the way they set up the reveal they will give him the Bowser Jr treatment or reveal that the whole pass is promoting assists which basically confirms Whalugi
assist trophy=ineligible. that's how it's not Spring Man. Also, he's boring.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why are we all of a sudden treating what has been a steadfast rule for years as a ridiculous fan theory?
Because it was never an official rule and while it has some merit to it we’ve never had a Smash game with a second DLC season like this let alone multiple games with DLC before Ultimate. It’s fine to think ATs aren’t likely happening but don’t pretend it’s a fact and force it like some people also do to Spirits.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why are we all of a sudden treating what has been a steadfast rule for years as a ridiculous fan theory?
It's never been a "rule". It's a rough guideline that might be true but also might not.

It wouldn't make sense for them to make Springman an assist trophy if he was planned from the start, which is how we knew he wouldn't be in the base roster or Fighter Pass 1. But Fighter Pass 2 probably wasn't planned from the beginning, so that's a lot more grey.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because it was never an official rule and while it has some merit to it we’ve never had a Smash game with a second DLC season like this let alone multiple games with DLC before Ultimate. It’s fine to think ATs aren’t likely happening but don’t pretend it’s a fact and force it like some people also do to Spirits.
As far as I'm concerned, it needs to be impossible to upgrade assist trophies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As far as I'm concerned, it needs to be impossible to upgrade assist trophies.
That sounds unfair if Spirits get a pass; I’d think Geno would bother you too, then. No “floodgates” would be open, if that’s what you’re worried about, Waluigi could get in or another AT after Spring Man but let’s not pretend other first or third parties would be impossible.

And “needs”? Really?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That sounds unfair if Spirits get a pass; I’d think Geno would bother you too, then. No “floodgates” would be open, if that’s what you’re worried about, Waluigi could get in or another AT after Spring Man but let’s not pretend other first or third parties would be impossible.

And “needs”? Really?
Sorry. It's just..... eh. I've made my points before and I shouldn't stir the pot any more or get agitated any more myself. There are just so few character slots left. In Pass 1, there was kind of an understanding (at least in my head) that there would be a second pass afterwards. But with there only being these 6 left, I feel like I need to cling to each one and that they each need to be amazing, highly requested or surprise characters that expand on the world of Smash Ultimate. So It's just really hard for me to let gaps in there for certain other characters that don't fit the mold in my head, even of they fit for other people. I'm getting better at not putting so much of my happiness into Smash and video games in general, it's just really hard for me not to. I really wish he hadn't told us this would be the last pass. Because that would make it way easier for me to lighten up. Maybe there's still the possibility of isolated bonus characters? Probably not. But maybe.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think it’s pretty sad that there are people who are only invested in Spring-Man because of the whole assist trophy promotion.

And I fear the fallout that would occur if he’s the ONLY assist promotion.
While I would like the AT part, I also still like him as a character so personally I wouldn’t be angry if he was the only one just disappointed in how Skull Kid, Midna nor Waluigi (at least one of them) were chosen as well, nor Isaac for his fans.

tbh I wouldn’t be angry at any choice even if I feel disappointed in others not getting in; honestly the anger people get over videogame character inclusions and possible inclusions gets pretty annoying.

Last edited:

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
One word. Waluigi. I would love it if Krystal, Isaac, or Shovel Knight got the promotion, but not...... him.
If there are 6 fighters i think one you don't want would be an excellent price to pay for 3 you do want and lots of people like Whalugi so he would be a good choice even if some don't like it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm playing Katamari, in enjoying it but this control setup was obviously made with the PS2 controller in mind so it feels really awkward to play it with the Switch controllers.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I recently watched so many bad video game playthroughs that I feel bad for the government agent assigned to observe me.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Since I've be talking about Protonjon, I got a question for you guys.
What games have you beaten for the first time this year?
Here is my current list of beaten games in order of me beating them:
1) The Messenger
2) Hollow Knight
3) Astral Chain
4) Castle Crashers
5) Child of Light
6) Doom 3
7) Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
8) Shovel Knight: King of Cards
9) Shovel Knight Showdown
10) ARMS
11) Cuphead

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
1) The Messenger
2) Hollow Knight
3) Astral Chain
4) Castle Crashers
5) Child of Light
6) Doom 3
10) ARMS
11) Cuphead
Not much but I've beaten:
1) Samurai Jack: The Shadow of Aku
2) Samurai Jack: The Amulet of Time
3) Pokémon Shield

I can be a procrastinator at times.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
1) The Messenger
2) Hollow Knight
3) Astral Chain
4) Castle Crashers
5) Child of Light
6) Doom 3
10) ARMS
11) Cuphead
1 Super Mario Bros
2 Super Mario Bros 3
3 Super Mario World
4 New Super Mario Bros U
5 Super Mario Oddesy
6 Pokemon Sheld
7 Pokemon Omega Ruby
8 Angry birds Star wars 2?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If there are 6 fighters i think one you don't want would be an excellent price to pay for 3 you do want and lots of people like Whalugi so he would be a good choice even if some don't like it.
There's also a Gen 8 Pokemon. I don't want that at all.
If you're thinking of the death threats and 9/11 memes do keep in mind that was just two kids.
IMO, Waluigi is just such small potatoes that almost anyone else getting in over him feels like a disservice. At least for the DLC that people are paying extra for. Base game? Absolutely no problem. But as DLC? Nuh uh.

Rizen

Smash Legend
1) The Messenger
2) Hollow Knight
3) Astral Chain
4) Castle Crashers
5) Child of Light
6) Doom 3
10) ARMS
11) Cuphead