• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So what you think what will be the Classic Mode theme for the ARMS rep?

I'm leaning towards going against fighters who have long reaching attacks (not counting projectiles) though it could also depend on who it is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So what you think what will be the Classic Mode theme for the ARMS rep?

I'm leaning towards going against fighters who have long reaching attacks (not counting projectiles) though it could also depend on who it is.
If it is Dr. Coyle, I think her's would be against the strongest characters in smash (canonically, not tier lists) untill she reaches the strongest foe as her final. So she can collect data and get stronger.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If it is Dr. Coyle, I think her's would be against the strongest characters in smash (canonically, not tier lists) untill she reaches the strongest foe as her final. So she can collect data and get stronger.
Bowser and Ganondorf would kick Coyle's ass to next century.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sup guys. Happy Birthday to Lamperouge Lamperouge as well.

I'm trying to spend a bit less time on the forums. Got a few of you guys over in the Discord, so helps sate the socialness for me. Laptop was being terrible as well and Google Chrome seems to have an update that disables adblock as well which pisses me off. One or two anime channels have been deleted it seems off YouTube.

I've also got a brilliant new idea for a story heavily inspired by Final Fantasy VII Remake and Girls Last Tour so might post the rough idea here at some form.

Public service announcement.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I can't believe its been over a year since I watched Avengers Endgame at the cinemas. Some of the epic moments that I recall watching was when the other superheroes appeared out of the portals, Captain America saying "Avengers Assemble" and Tony's last words before he did the snap.

Anyways, whilst it is known that San Diego Comic-con will not happen this year which is one of the events where Marvel Studios usually attends to unveil their latest updates and announcements for their upcoming films. I think since the event is cancelled, the one way that I think that Marvel Studios could consider, is to look at the possibility of an online presentation in the style of a Nintendo Direct in its place.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Bowser can’t even kick Mario’s ass, what are you talking about?
Bowser: Ruler of his own little kingdom with a castle full of loyal minions alongside his son and adopted children/high-ranking officers, breathes fire, is incredibly strong, has magic and can grow huge, kicks other villains’ butts when they get in his way including a dark star-demon-thing that scanned and copied him, and nearly reached success in a widespread galactic conquest.

Also Bowser: gets stomped by smol plumber man.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Byleth has legs...but Waluigi has the best legs

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unless Spring Man is the DLC fighter, I'm not going to think about which Assist Trophies can be upgraded.
me when they don't upgrade nintendogs to a playable character

angwy.gif

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bowser and Ganondorf would kick Coyle's ass to next century.
And King K. Rool and Ridley. King K. Rool scales to Donkey Kong's moon punch and Ridley is planet level through some scaling.
Bowser can’t even kick Mario’s ass, what are you talking about?
You do realize Mario is on the same level as Bowser right? Way above ARMS.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Colonel: Yet another "fascinating" hot take from you, Snake.
It's not a hot take. I was answering a question I was asked. Context. It's very important.
And King K. Rool and Ridley. King K. Rool scales to Donkey Kong's moon punch and Ridley is planet level through some scaling.

You do realize Mario is on the same level as Bowser right? Way above ARMS.
I absolutely HATE power scaling. It makes it seam like a character's victory is only dependent on how strong they are physically. When media has a long history of weaker guys winning because they fought with more intelligence and strategy, or because of their specific powers. And Dr. Coyle is a strategic genius, meaning she could probably find a way to beat ANY of them through strategy. Just as an example, Bowser and K. Rool are idiots and easily kited and tricked, and Ridley and Ganondorf are prideful and arrogant, meaning they're likely to underestimate their opponent and fall victim to traps. I personally think vs. matching in general should rely less on power levels and power scaling and more on strategy and abilities. Remember, DragonBall (the media to create the concept of "power levels" and "power scaling" said as follows....

Kanzenshuu said:
The entire point of introducing them was to show how unreliable and meaningless they were.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I absolutely HATE power scaling. It makes it seam like a character's victory is only dependent on how strong they are physically. When media has a long history of weaker guys winning because they fought with more intelligence and strategy, or because of their specific powers. And Dr. Coyle is a strategic genius, meaning she could probably find a way to beat ANY of them through strategy. Just as an example, Bowser and K. Rool are idiots and easily kited and tricked, and Ridley and Ganondorf are prideful and arrogant, meaning they're likely to underestimate their opponent and fall victim to traps. I personally think vs. matching in general should rely less on power levels and power scaling and more on strategy and abilities. Remember, DragonBall (the media to create the concept of "power levels" and "power scaling" said as follows....
So does that mean an street level character could beat an multiverse+ level character?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes. If they have the right strategy and potentially the right abilities. If they're smart enough basically.
giygas is pretty much a perfect example of this

a mindless eldtrich monstrosity who's consuming the universe as a void gets beaten cause little kids pray hard

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
if they got the hax then yes
Yes. If they have the right strategy and potentially the right abilities. If they're smart enough basically.
Even if said multiverse+ character is faster then them like MFTL+ (Massively Faster Then Light)? Otherwise hax means jack****.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Even if said multiverse+ character is faster then them like FTL+ (Faster Then Light)? Otherwise hax means jack****.
dont know what kinda brainwashing forums you been on, but there are ways. intangibility, durability negation, pocket dimensions, being a living counter, etc.

or just by the author not giving a **** about it making sense and just doing it anyway

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also King K. Rool isn't an idiot actually despite his appearance and unstability. He's known for his trickery he's shown in the games he appeared which is an form of strategy. He was even an mad scientist in the third DKC game and how he managed to built something like the Blast-O-Matic. So in his own way he's surprisingly very intelligent.

Same with Ridley. He's strategic like King K. Rool and very cunning.

Also regarding street level character with hax vs. multiverse+ level character. You do realize said multiverse+ level character could probably beat them from far away say go into space and blow up said planet they're on.

Just saying...Hax, strategy or intelligence won't matter then or especially said multiverse+ level character is omnipotence+.
dont know what kinda brainwashing forums you been on, but there are ways. intangibility, durability negation, pocket dimensions, being a living counter, etc.

or just by the author not giving a **** about it making sense and just doing it anyway
Intangibility eh?

Danny Phantom vs. Galactus when? :smirk:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom